Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Talk (Part Deux)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He can like him, but it's a discussion on our 2nd pick. Not anywhere near our 6th overall.

Low 1st is proably where he goes.

If he drops anywhere near the 20s, we should be paying a decent price to trade up and get him. I doubt he will fall that low, he was the best D-man at the Hlinka and now the U18s.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
Cole Caufield seems to be shooting up everyone's boards, huge U18 too with 14 goals. I know I've even heard Yzerman mention him. Anyone think he's a real possibility at 6?

Reactions: hkydave04

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Cole Caufield seems to be shooting up everyone's boards, huge U18 too with 14 goals. I know I've even heard Yzerman mention him. Anyone think he's a real possibility at 6?
I like him a lot , but he isn't what wins need . We need elite playmaker or defenseman . Byram most likely gone before #6.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
here what I think teams mock draft for what they need
1Hughes
2.Kakko
3.Byram
4.Turcotte
5. Caufield
6. Dach

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

I would be tempted, but I don't really think it is what we need at the moment. That being said, I think Caufield goes in the top 10 for sure. Some team won't be able to resist his incredible sniping abilities, and will pull the trigger on Caufield in the top 10.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Everytime I watch him play it's like he's got the playmaking and puck control of Todd Bertuzzi. Add a little sandpaper and you got yourself a stew.

Dach has a mean streak to him, there is a reason he gets Getzlaf comparisons, I think they are apt. Right down to the biggest concern being he goes through patches of non-productivity and his skating is a concern. They are very similar prospects, but I also think he has that other thing Getzlaf has. Like he said to Perry and Ryan, drive the net and I will make you rich. He is a wonderful in tight passer and uses his body to make passing lanes and his vision is exceptional in my opinion.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Erik Portillo at eliteprospects.com

This kids put up good numbers and coming to Michigan, don’t see him ranked so I’m thinking he might be a worth a shot with one of our 5s? Anyone think he’d be available?i would think so

Don't mind it with a late round pick. Sort of hope we trade back into the first somehow and get Knight.

One thing to keep in mind, I don't think Yzerman is married to drafting at least one a year, so that might change in the new regime.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
If Byram, Turcotte and Dach already out I am all for it
I’m dissapointed we got Three seconds and two are at the very end where there’s a lot of guys I like I’m thinking would be sadly gone by then, I’m thinking if we can trade from 6 to 8 and add 38 and somehow end up with Caufield I’d entertain the idea all depending who’s available , I know a lot of ppl aren’t high on podkolzin but if we can somehow also end up with him at 8 and get a pick even better

Reactions: lilidk

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Don't mind it with a late round pick. Sort of hope we trade back into the first somehow and get Knight.

One thing to keep in mind, I don't think Yzerman is married to drafting at least one a year, so that might change in the new regime.
I wouldn’t mind trading up for like the 18th , Dallas looks like a good partner with no 2nds and 3rds I just don’t know if I’d do it for a goalie

Alnefelt could be had with one of our seconds maybe even kochetkov, I know knight is suppose to be amazing but the only way I’d consider it is If we decided to do something insane which won’t happen

6 for 8 and 38 and then we can pull of something like 8 for 11 and 41 and pick knight and have 5 seconds, again something that won’t happen haha

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
with the isles swept, our 2nd round pick moves from 58 to 56..it can still move up two spots, if CBJ and COL advance to the next round

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
San Jose and Boston would draft above them with better records if they were eliminated. I don't remember the points, but I think that is what is being said.
I’m trying to find the draft rankings but can’t find it anywhere , capfriendly only and they have us at 60-61

If we can somehow drop to 54-55 that would be huge as for the sharks I know we want them to make the finals so we get 3 2nds next year as well , just think they’d resign him anyways so I’m not bothered either way but ya 54 and 55 would be better than 60-61 it can make a difference in a player we want

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
I’m trying to find the draft rankings but can’t find it anywhere , capfriendly only and they have us at 60-61

If we can somehow drop to 54-55 that would be huge as for the sharks I know we want them to make the finals so we get 3 2nds next year as well , just think they’d resign him anyways so I’m not bothered either way but ya 54 and 55 would be better than 60-61 it can make a difference in a player we want
The way it works is that the draft order (outside of the lottery picks) is decided by regular season points, which would put the Islanders 1st rd pick at 27 and the Sharks 1st rd pick at 26 (+31 for 2nd round and you get 57 and 58). BUT, if a team that ended the RS with less points than those teams (e.g. Canes) advances to the 3rd round of the playoffs, the seeding is a bit different. The winner of the SC picks last, the losing finalist 2nd last (30th, like the Vegas pick we used to draft Veleno), the semifinalists take the 29th and 28th pick (Jets and Tampa last year). If the teams that advance to the 3rd round were ranked lower than NYI and SJS at the end of the regular season, they can jump both those teams in the draft order. Currently, only BOS was ranked higher, so BOS advancing over CBJ wouldn't move those teams. This way, since Tampa, Calgary and Washington are already out, there IS a chance that both our 2nd round picks could move up 4 spots, if BOS and SJS don't advance to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad