Prospect Info: 2019 Draft | Round 6: Pick #164 - Timur Ibragimov (LW) | St. Petersburg (MHL)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Wu6qLr.png

6th round, Pick # 164: Timur Ibragimov (LW) | Serebryanye Lvy St. Petersburg (MHL)

25559.jpg

WuJtT2.png

HandL
Birthday (Age)Oct 12, 2000 (18)
HometownSt. Petersburg, Russia
Height5'11
Weight163 lbs
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
WuJ6uT.png

• Pick acquired from Vancouver with F Tom Pyatt for F Francis Perron and the Sharks' 7th round pick (#215)
  • By virtue of being selected with a pick acquired for Francis Perron, Ibragimov becomes the latest component of the Great Sharks Trade Tree.

WuJZeo.png

Central Scouting BureauN/R
Craig Button (TSN)N/R
Bob McKenzie (TSN)N/R
The Hockey NewsN/R
HockeyProspects.com Black BookN/R
Future ConsiderationsN/R
McKeen'sN/R
Corey Pronman (The Athletic)N/R
International Scouting ServiceN/R
EliteProspects.comN/R
HockeyProspectorN/R
TheDraftAnalystN/R
DobberHockey.comN/R
LastWordOnHockey.comN/R
Tryamkin (HF Poster)N/R
PKAnalyst (HF Poster)N/R
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*N/R = Not Ranked. Keep in mind that the number of ranked prospects differs by outlet. a "N/R" listing on Bob McKenzie or Craig Button run their lists 93 players deep, whereas something like Black Book has a couple hundred players ranked.

WuJgy9.png

WuJIQi.png

Gonna admit right now that I can't find anything in the usual places.

Last edited:
Reactions: NiWa

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There we go. There's you "who?" pick for the draft.

I literally can't find a single word on him in any of the usual locations. His season in the MHL last year wasn't awful though.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Fair point, but it only takes one other team to like him and have wanted to pick him for a plan to sit and sign him as an UDFA to go out the window.

It's not a whole lot different than when the Sharks picked Couture and people thought they reached, but the reality later turned out to be that Florida was looking long and hard at drafting him themselves and if they hadn't traded up to get him they wouldn't have gotten the chance from their original slot.

Besides, the difference between a guy picked in the last couple rounds and the guy they might get as an UDFA isn't so much that I'm losing sleep over a "reach" at this point.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Some amateur scouting in that video:

-Second line
-Left shot right winger
-Second PP and PK
-Above average to good acceleration, speed, turns are a bit wide and makes some unnecessary movements on the ice but overall impressed with his skating.
-Great hands. First goal in the video is an impressive stick work with little space and time. Good shot placement right over the goalie
-Only took a couple more direct shots, couldn’t tell power
-3 attempted tip plays which were the result of good positioning and offensive zone awareness
-impressed with backcheck. Follows the play well. Better defense than I thought he would have honestly, at least his effort
-He absolutely lays somebody out hard in open ice towards the end of the video and I like it

Some bad:

-Turnovers in the offensive zone and passes to nowhere in particular
-Looked a bit winded at times but he is skating hard every shift
-Passed up some shooting opportunities for passes that weren’t great options

Overall I like it and want to see some more. Like DWjr said, some power forward qualities and he looks like he has a lot of room on his frame to grow into. If I had to pick a Shark comparable style I’d go with Kane but with more focus on the net front and not outside shooting.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Yeah he looks pretty good in that video. Nothing to knock your socks off, but for a late round pick he seems pretty solid in all facets of the game, and I was impressed with his hands on that goal.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I kept looking for #7 cuz the image at the top of the thread, and was thinking they really shoulda drafted this kid wearing #90. :laugh:

My bad. I googled "Ibragimov St. Petersburg hockey" and got that image, and went to the page which was an english game report and it seemed that the paragraph below the image directly discussed him, so I thought that was a good sign that he was the subject of the pic.

The only replacement image I can dig up that is absolutely him is is headshot from the MHL website. So for now we're going with that.

Reactions: SactoShark

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pronman quick pick analysis:

Ibragimov has some interesting attributes as a 6-foot-1 forward with above average puck skills and vision. I was never blown away by his puck game and his feet are average..

Grading the San Jose Sharks' 2019 draft class

From reading a bunch of analysis it seems like once the picks got out of the first round the analyses were short and unimpressed sounding unless he really liked the guy (Pronman was notably high on Hamaliuk, so you'll see in his thread that the analysis for that pick is much more in depth and glowing. On the other hand, even if he noted that he liked the tools, the analysis on other picks tended to sound kind of down. So I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Pronman quick pick analysis:

Grading the San Jose Sharks' 2019 draft class

From reading a bunch of analysis it seems like once the picks got out of the first round the analyses were short and unimpressed sounding unless he really liked the guy (Pronman was notably high on Hamaliuk, so you'll see in his thread that the analysis for that pick is much more in depth and glowing. On the other hand, even if he noted that he liked the tools, the analysis on other picks tended to sound kind of down. So I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.
I don’t know if I believe that Pronman watched Ibragimov much. Saying his feet are average is completely contradictory to what DWJr said about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad