2019 Development Camp Roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Doing a deep dive...

Most interesting thing about Roni Allen is that he had 10 points in 2 games for JYP U16s a long time ago.

Cam Lee - "His slap shot is a hard one and gets through traffic, but Lee isn’t bad of a distributor either. He also skates very well and uses that to stick with players or walk along the blue line during offensive pressure." That's from a profile about him at least year's Habs camp. Scores plenty of points given the teams he plays for.

Liam Ross - The guys in his prospect thread here like him - all three of them - and there's a profile here. Player who's improved late - ahead of the curve defensively thanks to IQ, skating needs work, offence might be coming into its own but needs to improve again.

Tyler Spott - Committed to NorthEastern for next season, here's some quotes from when he committed in 2016: “good puck rushing defenseman” (@RyanHPscout), “smaller mobile defender, excellent low-risk puck move[r], smart and very efficient” (@TheScoutDotCa), and “good mobility, smart on the rush” (@graindaiv).

Roman Ahcan - Speedy playmaker. From his USHL coach: “I love the way he competes, first of all. He just plays so hard,” Carlson said. “For me, I like when guys compete. He just competes, he’s a warrior. Some people make the major mistake of talking about skill first in this game. Obviously, he’s got the skill and the skating ability."

Brandon Biro - "Biro is a physical player and has a solid work ethic. Likely projects as an energy player and can play a complementary role on a scoring line." according to this thing from an Oilers' site

Matthew Boucher - One had a fight with Poulin's older brother. The Draft Analyst loved his versatility and production back in 2016; few Q fans puzzled as to why he didn't go. Hard-working agitator with a nice wrist shot.

Billy Moskal - This profile highlights IQ and skating, with a Chris Tierney comparison, but he doesn't seem to have put it together yet and a few physicality question marks

Quinn Preston - Late blossoming attacking game in the USHL, small frame

Jared Spooner - "Watch Jared Spooner play hockey and you'll see someone who plays hard and fast and rarely, if ever, slows down" according to an article from the Mankato Free Press that I can't fully access in the EU.

Eduards Tralmark - "His ability to dominate play in competitive Hockey East is one of the main reasons Tralmaks was so heavily recruited to attend NHL development camps." from an article last year

Bobby Trivigno - Got suspended for a hit last season... I got nuffink.

Josh Williams - People here were talking about him as a 1st rounder for this year, maybe even a top 10 guy, saying he was like Owen Tippett; the Hockey Writers said he looked a 1st rounder at Hlinka-Gretzky but his sniping hasn't worked in the CHL yet. Comment from his coach this year: “With Josh’s skill level, he brings an offensive game to us,” said Oil Kings’ head coach Brad Lauer. “He’s a guy that doesn’t need a lot of time to get open. His biggest thing is finding that area on the ice in the offensive zone. He’s got a shot that can beat goalies from almost anywhere. That’s one area where obviously on the power play he’s our trigger guy.

Matt Jurusik - "Jurusik isn't tremendously athletic, but he's got a big pro-style frame and is sound with his positioning which makes him very consistent." was the word on him back in 2015

Matt Murray - Well its not difficult to search for info on this kid at all. “He’s just a very calm player,” (Cale) Makar said. “Murray has a lot of that in him and he’s able to be a brick wall for us back there, and that’s what keeps us going through the entire year.” It sounds... familiar. Sign him now!

Tommy Nappier - "“He’s just calm,” Rohlik said. “He’s confident, he’s calm. He minimizes his movements and he stays big. That’s how he plays.”

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
I went to OSU (go ahead, talk ****) so I try to catch some games each year. I definitely think Nappier is worth an invite and possibly an ELC. He's only played 26 collegiate games, but will see his GP increase next year.

OSU got 1 new G commit, but he's a 21 y/o USHL player with pedestrian numbers in that league.

Nappier's positioning seems like it has gotten better. It's like he finally realized how big he is and is using that size to cover more net. He's also pretty agile/athletic for a bigger guy.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm dying to know who the Pens Minnesota scout is... I'm guessing Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder.

Jamie Huffman is the only Pens scout with USHL ties, so presumably him.

You should write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Allvin and offer your services.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Jamie Huffman is the only Pens scout with USHL ties, so presumably him.

You should write a strongly worded letter of complaint to Allvin and offer your services.
I would do it for free until proven.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
They list him on the camp roster above as playing in WBS for the 2019-20 season...
Doesn't he need to turn 20 this year before or after the season starts to be wbs eligible? I always find that rule to be stupid because a euro player at the same age can come over and play in the ahl.

Also can this place f*** off with the ads. The skittles one has taken over my phone browser multiple times now.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Doesn't he need to turn 20 this year before or after the season starts to be wbs eligible? I always find that rule to be stupid because a euro player at the same age can come over and play in the ahl.

Also can this place **** off with the ads. The skittles one has taken over my phone browser multiple times now.
they cover content and when you remove them there is still a blank space in the middle of the page.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Also can this place **** off with the ads. The skittles one has taken over my phone browser multiple times now.
Either that or have 4 full junior seasons under his belt, but in order to do that at 19 you'd need to get one of those exception rules at 15. Spezza was the last one that played in the AHL at 19 that I can recall.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
They list him on the camp roster above as playing in WBS for the 2019-20 season...

Players drafted from CHL teams cant play in the AHL until they're 20 years old. Only way he stays with a pro team this year is if the big club lets him play 9 games and he makes the team. Unless he blows them away in training camp i dont see that happening.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Honest question, what would the team actually do regarding the name on the jersey if we did have two Matt Murrays on the roster?

I imagine each would just say "Murray".

Pretty low probability of both playing at the same time, which I assume is the main reason why players with the same last name add a first name initial or two to distinguish them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad