Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Maple Leafs said:
Marlies always bring in top AHL veterans players, that is their advantage over the rest of the AHL and why Keefe is always winning down there.

The Marlies will sign and spend money on good AHL vets to help the team along, this is what I'm saying, it's no big deal, I didn't read Jeffs article/blog

You literally attribute their success to it and claim it is their advantage over the rest of the league. Then when showed that they do not rely on vets more than other teams, in fact less than most, you say it's no big deal.

Are you even interested in honest discussion? Or are you just here to throw made-up hot-takes at the wall and see what sticks?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Johnsson was for sure ... Leafs sign guys like Aaltonen, Holl, Rosen, Borgman, etc to basically play for the Marlies and give them an opportunity to make the Leafs ... anyways I'm done with this discussion, too many guys get worked up, cheers.

You said something that was wrong/a lie.

Someone demonstrated that claim was incorrect.

You claim everyone else is getting worked up and run away. :laugh:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You literally attribute their success to it and claim it is their advantage over the rest of the league. Then when showed that they do not rely on vets more than other teams, in fact less than most, you say it's no big deal.

Are you even interested in honest discussion? Or are you just here to throw made-up hot-takes at the wall and see what sticks?

You said something that was wrong/a lie.

Someone demonstrated that claim was incorrect.

You claim everyone else is getting worked up and run away. :laugh:

Ah - the neighborhood jester is out to play.

Maybe you should read it. You'd learn something.
:handclap:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Rasanen signed a one year extension in the KHL per Jeffler. Which means we won't see him over here full time until 2021/22 at the earliest.

Hopefully he plays a little more this year.

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Rasanen signed a one year extension in the KHL per Jeffler. Which means we won't see him over here full time until 2021/22 at the earliest.

Delaying the AHL by a year might be good for the organization as a whole as the blueline is kind of packed with young guys.

I am not sure if I would rather see in the in the FEL or the KHL. I'm not sure he will see much time at all in the KHL. I think Rasanen is a guy worth being patient on though.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I think he will. He has a year under his belt now, and he benefitted from training with some pro teams this year. May not be a full time guy, but should get in about as much as he would on a deep Marlies defense next year. That gives the Marlies a chance to bring back a vet RD like Holl or LoVerde, or to give Liljegren another year (although I think he still starts in the NHL next year).

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

There’s no space for him on the Marlies and the leafs hold his rights for years if he stays in Europe. If he develops into something special they’ll bring him over. Right now his skating is suspect.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
There’s no space for him on the Marlies and the leafs hold his rights for years if he stays in Europe. If he develops into something special they’ll bring him over. Right now his skating is suspect.
Yea I'm fine if we leave him over there but he has to play games to develop at all.

I wonder if we do trade his rights in a deal at some point though to a team in more of a rebuilding phase to upgrade the roster though.

horner

May 22, 2007
He looked good to me when he played a couple of games with the Marlies.
Maybe the are trying to stretch his entry level deal .
Sign him in two yrs.
Have 3 or 4 yrs to develop.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Anyone else following the Marlies instagram ?

I like seeing the extras info that you don’t get on tv.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Line up

Attachments

• F9B3D310-03A8-4755-8F60-C80B6FEA7181.png
    F9B3D310-03A8-4755-8F60-C80B6FEA7181.png
    526.1 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad