Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Scott has not been impressive in the finals. Always a concern that it is a stud team rather than a stud goalie driving the defense of a team like PA. Not saying he is Pogge 2.0 but he may not be AHL ready next year. Of course he could be playing hurt too. Fingers are crossed that he has his best games ahead of him.
Ian Scott gets MVP

:laugh:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
The thing with Scott that is most impressive to me is the way he controls the bottom of the net. Can cover pretty much the whole thing in the butterfly but when he slides side to side he never opens up the 5 hole and keeps his upper half square as long as possible.

The only knock is that he keeps his glove hand too low or too in tight sometimes but that can easily be coached. He's a very positionally sound goalie.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Easy boys. I was more that people were making Price comparisons during the season, not that he is some kind of a bust.:)

Scion

May 25, 2012
Easy boys. I was more that people were making Price comparisons during the season, not that he is some kind of a bust.:)

Quote the posts where anyone compared him to Carey Price.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
We may have something good on our hands with Scott or we may not. Time will tell.

What I do know is that having a Calder cup, WHL championship, Playoff MVP, WHL goalie of the year and CHL goalie of the year with a potential shot at the memorial cup is one hell of a Calder year for our young buck.

His run reminds me a lot if what Mitch Marner did in his draft +1 season with London. Granted Mitch took home every hardware there was in the CHL and the Memorial cup with a solid bit of margin.

Its refreshing to see. Specially from a kid who was the only single digits draft pick in the W after Carey Price and ended up on an absolutely terrible team in PA for the majority of his WHL career.

Happy for Scott.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Why didn't you reply to them then, instead of making a post trying to say he wasn't good, while he was MVP?
He wasnt MVP when I posted that, he had just lost back to back games in spite of the Raiders badly outshooting the other club. And I then said fingers crossed his best was yet to come, and it did. I guess I should have said something like his inconsistency in the playoffs is a little concerning and we may be expecting too much for him to cruise into an AHL job next season. Glad he brought his best to the most important one.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Monday May 13th

Games today

Game 7: Prince Albert wins 3-2
Prince Albert wins series 4-3, and win the WHL championship
Scott 2 goals on 26 shots

WHL
3rd round: Prince Albert(1) vs Vancouver(1)
Prince Albert wins series 4-3
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 7 SV% .915 GAA 2.23 SO 2
Playoffs:
GP 23 SV% .925 GAA 1.96 SO 5
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

Notes
The Raiders are WHL champions. Congrats to Ian Scott. Next stop is the memorial cup.

Reactions: FreeBird

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ian Scott final regular season and playoff stats

Regular season:
GP: 49
SV%: .932
GAA: 1.83
SO: 8

Playoffs:
GP 23
SV% .925
GAA 1.96
SO 5

Reactions: taurine330

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Yes goalies are voodoo, but it’s nice having Scott and Woll in the system next year.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Will be interesting to compare them directly for once too. Woll and Scott should both be in rookie camps and training camp for the first time together.

The Woll vs Scott debate will soon spiral out of control but let's never ignore that they are both good prospects to have in the system.. They'll each of ups and downs but they will hopefully bring out the best each other in competition for ice time.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
He wasnt MVP when I posted that, he had just lost back to back games in spite of the Raiders badly outshooting the other club. And I then said fingers crossed his best was yet to come, and it did. I guess I should have said something like his inconsistency in the playoffs is a little concerning and we may be expecting too much for him to cruise into an AHL job next season. Glad he brought his best to the most important one.
So you decided to do your post after 2 bad games? Backtracking a bit now. It's ok.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
The Woll vs Scott debate will soon spiral out of control but let's never ignore that they are both good prospects to have in the system.. They'll each of ups and downs but they will hopefully bring out the best each other in competition for ice time.
Easily the best goaltending specs we've had since Pogge/Rask/Reimer.

Lets see how we develop some goalie of this calibre. We've done a tremendous job with the D and forwards lately.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
So you decided to do your post after 2 bad games? Backtracking a bit now. It's ok.
Kind of like how all the dramatic responses came after the strong game 7. How many people would have been piling on if he has 3 bad games? As a prospect it wouldnt make him any worse but I doubt many. But no doubt yes it was a backpedal. I was feeling deflated after game 6.

Last edited:

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I'm hoping Toronto drafts some forwards who can jump right into the AHL next year. With Moore, Bracco and Gauthier replacement coming up next year I think the Marlies are going to be very weak upfront

Even with Liljegren getting promoted the Marlies backend is going to be fun to watch and I'm excited to see how well Sandin does (without Bracco to pass to I think Sandin won't get as many points but I hope he proves me wrong)

Either Sparks or Kask are going to get traded and the other will be Toronto's backup. Really really looking forward to the goalie battle between Scott's and Woll for who will be #1

I know the Marlies season isn't over but I can't help but think about next season

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm hoping Toronto drafts some forwards who can jump right into the AHL next year. With Moore, Bracco and Gauthier replacement coming up next year I think the Marlies are going to be very weak upfront

Even with Liljegren getting promoted the Marlies backend is going to be fun to watch and I'm excited to see how well Sandin does (without Bracco to pass to I think Sandin won't get as many points but I hope he proves me wrong)

Either Sparks or Kask are going to get traded and the other will be Toronto's backup. Really really looking forward to the goalie battle between Scott's and Woll for who will be #1

I know the Marlies season isn't over but I can't help but think about next season

The Leafs org. already added 2 forwards AHL eligible and will be adding a bunch of other potential depth (McGregor and Joshua?). It's very possible Korshkov and Mikheyev start with the Marlies. Bracco is probably also starting with the Marlies, but that depends entirely on roster changes upfront.

The Marlies defense will have Hollowel, Duszak, Lindgren and Kivihalme next season, as well as potentially Gordeev. Rasanen should be back in the KHL for his final year of his contract though.

Plenty of depth coming in despite some graduations. I think the biggest losses for the Marlies will be guys like Greening, Mueller, LoVerde, etc potentially leaving. The Marlies will need to replace them, because every top AHL team has top end AHL veterans.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Marlies always bring in top AHL veterans players, that is their advantage over the rest of the AHL and why Keefe is always winning down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad