Prospect Info: 2017-18 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What sort of NHL skill set does Lewis have? Like what seems transferable?
He's a shifty player who has underrated puck skills and stickhandling to go alongside great determination. During training camp, he kept getting knocked down by the NHL players, but kept getting up and continued to chase the puck. He's not really gritty, but I guess if I had to predict how he will be effective on the NHL level I say he's a secondary scoring 3rd liner. What's transferable is no doubt his elusiveness and puck skills, he displayed those quite remarkably in the preseason game against Vegas. He still needs to get stronger and develop a more mature frame however. I would say picture someone like Nick Cousins, Matt Calvert, and/or Artturi Lehkonen type of player

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He's a shifty player who has underrated puck skills and stickhandling to go alongside great determination. During training camp, he kept getting knocked down by the NHL players, but kept getting up and continued to chase the puck. He's not really gritty, but I guess if I had to predict how he will be effective on the NHL level I say he's a secondary scoring 3rd liner. What's transferable is no doubt his elusiveness and puck skills, he displayed those quite remarkably in the preseason game against Vegas. He still needs to get stronger and develop a more mature frame however. I would say picture someone like Nick Cousins, Matt Calvert, and/or Artturi Lehkonen type of player

I was hopeing you would say he's like Trevor Lewis. I like that Lewis.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was hopeing you would say he's like Trevor Lewis. I like that Lewis.
I would say that would be the best case for him, but I simply do not see the physical toughness that Trevor has on the forecheque and when he possesses the puck. Ty as I mentioned is much more crafty and gets by using his puck skills/handling with a lot of determination. I wouldn't call Calvert or Lehkonen bad players either.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I would say that would be the best case for him, but I simply do not see the physical toughness that Trevor has on the forecheque and when he possesses the puck. Ty as I mentioned is much more crafty and gets by using his puck skills/handling with a lot of determination. I wouldn't call Calvert or Lehkonen bad players either.
Would Antoine Roussel be a decent comparable? Not the pest part but potential impact and skill wise I mean.

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

High praise from the Northeastern coach. AJ has been stressing hard over the last few weeks that word is going around Makar really wants to stay in college for a second year.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
UMASS ties it in the 3rd. Makar picks up an assist but Ferraro made the play.

350.png

Edit: Looks like they might have changed the second assist to Chaffee.

Edit 2: Conflicting info. Northeastern site giving Chaffee the assist. UMASS giving it to Makar.

Last edited:

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
If y'all want to watch Makar (and others) in what should be an exciting series, Northeastern University streams home games in hd for free at this webpage:

Northeastern - Home

Games will air 7pm each day Friday - Sunday, unless one of the teams wins the first two. Cheers!

13 likes for you just for posting fake news, thats like whatever career total you will receive lol.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
UMASS going on the PP tied halfway through the third. Chance for Makar to be the hero.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Northeastern holds the lead and takes Game 1. Some hope for UMASS that they can compete with the Huskies at least though.

Conflicting info on the UMASS second goal. Norhteastern site is giving the second assist to Chaffee but the UMASS broadcast keeps giving it to Makar. Haven't seen a good replay to tell. Ferraro was the one that made the play though.

Either way, Makar finished with 4 shots, had some good chances, and some good defensive plays. UMASS was probably the better team in this one, but they're probably going to need Makar to get on the scoresheet next game if they want to advance.

Last edited:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Bowers with two assists including a second assist in the overtime game winner in the BU 5-4 win over UCONN.

29 points in 35 games as a freshman (16g, 13a), not bad.

Lewis picked up a goal and an assist last night for the Wheat Kings. He is now up to 95 points on the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad