Prospect Info: 2017-18 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He didn't get drafted because he was considered a smallish one dimensional forward. He is certainly not someone we should hang our hat on, but he is still worth keeping an eye on.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Sometimes there are just diamond in the rough prospects that work out. Yeah, there's a reason he didn't get any team to spend a 7th on him, but sometimes you just find your groove later than everybody else. It's fair to tamp down expectations for him because of that, but not to write him off. It's about time we found a Tyler Johnson of our own.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The biggest issue with small offensive forwards is that there isn't a lot of middle ground. You either produce at a top 6 pace or you aren't in the NHL. Its not like power forwards who never develop the offense but can still slide down to a grinder type of roll.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's better to put up points than not to, but CHL scoring means very little.

Colin Smith had 106 points in his draft+1 year.

This is the top scorers for Plymouth in the year Avs drafted Heard.

S1Z5iVo.jpg

Lewis does seem to have a scoring touch and good work ethic, so at least it's a start.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Looking at the score sheet, no points today.

Not only no points, but no shots on goal, which is kind of a shocker.

Makar generates a lot of shots consistently, so it would interesting to hear a take from someone who watched the game.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Even if you hate Cale Makar for some reason, these games are worth tuning into to watch Adam Gaudette play. Hell, Sikura too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't think UMass will beat Northeastern, but they should take a game out of the 3.
If they beat Northeastern that would be a pretty substantial upset, but as I mentioned in the past these tourneys have a ton of upsets each year so it is possible. However, I doubt that UMass even takes a game, they will be competitive, but NE is a damn good team. They're my darkhorse to win the national championship (E: for the reason @Cousin Eddie said above).

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If they beat Northeastern that would be a pretty substantial upset, but as I mentioned in the past these tourneys have a ton of upsets each year so it is possible. However, I doubt that UMass even takes a game, they will be competitive, but NE is a damn good team. They're my darkhorse to win the national championship (E: for the reason @Cousin Eddie said above).

They beat Northeastern once this year already. ;)

I don't expect them to take the series by any stretch, but I think they take a game.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad