Prospect Info: 2017-18 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We need Dahlin just to have the dangliest defense that ever dangled. Girard spinning people all over the place, Dahlin and Makar breaking ankles, EJ and Zads with their big boy dekes, and Barrie fumbling the puck into a goal (for or against).
Don’t forget Timmins’ wide sweeping “looks like he might fall over at any second but still always works” dekes!

No d-corp will ever have dangled as dangely as the dangles on those danglers.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
:laugh:
The deer-on-ice trick.

I’m convinced that that is why they always work. The opposing players are just waiting for him to fall over and leave them the puck for a breakaway, so they let him just do whatever he wants...not realizing that that was his plan until it is too late...

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Awesome goal, even though it was on the powerplay. However, I thought his dominant shift where he pulled a Nyqvist was more impressive personally. These good signs that he's shining like that against men.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Awesome goal, even though it was on the powerplay. However, I thought his dominant shift where he pulled a Nyqvist was more impressive personally. These good signs that he's shining like that against men.
Yeah, I agree on the other shift. That was awesome.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I noticed that on Thursday Makar registered 7 SOGs and last night 5 SOGs in a loss. He has directed more shots on goal that missed or were blocked.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I'm guessing he went undrafted for a reason and he turns 20 in a couple of days but he keeps putting up points. At the very least he could be a good player for the Eagles.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah my expectations for Lewis are still quite low because like you said, he went undrafted for a reason.

But it's great to see him producing even down the stretch as teams start tightening there games up.

Another one of those subtle but quietly solid moves Sakic made this last season. Between Lewis, Kerfoot, and Toninato Sakic did a great job getting quality prospects without spending any assets. That's how you start to build organizational depth.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Who cares if he wasn't drafted? There's all kinds of late bloomers. Batherson and Steenbergen were passed over once. Phil Myers was signed as an undrafted player.

I mean keep expectations low because he's an Avs prospect but not because he went undrafted. I'd put him in the same consideration as any non 1st maybe 2nd round forward in our system.

Just to give a bit of context on those numbers. Lewis was knocked out with a dirty hit from Jett Woo (which earned him a 3 game suspension), missed two games and since he's been back has scored 7 goals in 3 games, out of the last 9 goals his team has scored. If you take out the game he was knocked out in the second period he has a 7 game goal streak with 11 goals in that span. The hat trick was against the top team in the WHL too. He's obviously progressed past the WHL at this point.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

For every Yanni Gourde that makes it as a late bloomer, there's 10 guys who never amount to anything.

Him going undrafted is absolutely a legit reason to keep expectations in check.

The "Avs prospect" narrative is tiring and stupid at this point.

Reactions: Barklez

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
Is there any way to watch the UMass game that starts now?

Edit: nvm it starts in 24 hrs.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

For every Yanni Gourde that makes it as a late bloomer, there's 10 guys who never amount to anything.

Him going undrafted is absolutely a legit reason to keep expectations in check.

The "Avs prospect" narrative is tiring and stupid at this point.
Pretty much, I can name like a thousand 160 point overagers in the WHL that now play in leagues like Iceland, Hungary, and Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad