2016 Winter Classic plans in Foxborough announced - MOD WARNING POST #119

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
"How many tickets do Season Ticket Holders get?
Boston Bruins Season Ticket Holders will have exclusive access during their presale to purchase the same number of 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® ticket packages as 2015-16 full season tickets they own. Additionally, Season Ticket Holders who renewed on or before March 20, 2015 will have the option to purchase two additional ticket packages per account"

Also, can someone clarify this....does this mean, if we have two full season seats on file with the B's, we will be able to buy four more seats to the WC (two additional packages)??? Or just two additional seats?? Confusing when they're using the "package" wording......

I don't know when I renewed... But I don't remember that in any fine print if they **** me out of extra seats that will be the last straw and I'll be done as a season ticket holder. My experience over the last 4 years has been ****

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I don't know when I renewed... But I don't remember that in any fine print if they **** me out of extra seats that will be the last straw and I'll be done as a season ticket holder. My experience over the last 4 years has been ****

In general, most teams almost always do special stuff for early renewals: free jerseys/sticks, sometimes lower seat prices, often drawings for memorabilia, etc. Otherwise, there's no incentive to renew early, and teams don't know how many seats will be guaranteed sold, and (in the B's case) how many people might be taken off the waitlist. So, while I don't think you could have predicted this particular perk...the B's have done things this before. Hopefully, you renewed early enough.

I'd be more concerned with how good the seats are that they're making available to STHs. The NHL is probably reserving tons of seats for sponsors, big wigs, friends of friends of assistant coaches, etc. Those seats are never in the pool to begin with, and if they just give STHs a bunch of junk seats hoping they'll take whatever the "best seat available" is, well...that kinda stinks.

They sometimes "promise" stuff that really turns out to be a load of junk. For example, in 2013-4, they promised anyone who had a deposit in for a 2014-5 game plan (or maybe it was a STH waitlist deposit) that they'd have early access to the first round of the 2014 playoffs for single game tickets. I logged on out of curiosity, and the prices were awful compared to StubHub - and, I assume, compared to the STH price for a playoff strip.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Where March 20 entered the picture I do not know - as they told us last March that the 26th was the cutoff

SEASON TICKET PRICE
$54.00
BOX OFFICE PRICE*
$120.00
SAVINGS PER GAME
$66.00
TOTAL SEASON TICKET PRICE
$2,322.00
BOX OFFICE PRICE*
$5,160.00
TOTAL SEASON SAVINGS
$2,838.00

If you pay before the playoffs

RENEW BEFORE MARCH 26

ROUND 1
$64.00
ROUND 2
$96.00
ROUND 3
$128.00
ROUND 4
$160.00
STRIP TOTAL
$1,792.00

NON-RENEWAL PRICE
ROUND 1
$70.00
ROUND 2
$105.00
ROUND 3
$140.00
ROUND 4
$175.00
STRIP TOTAL
$1,960.00

In general, most teams almost always do special stuff for early renewals: free jerseys/sticks, sometimes lower seat prices, often drawings for memorabilia, etc. Otherwise, there's no incentive to renew early, and teams don't know how many seats will be guaranteed sold, and (in the B's case) how many people might be taken off the waitlist. So, while I don't think you could have predicted this particular perk...the B's have done things this before. Hopefully, you renewed early enough.

I'd be more concerned with how good the seats are that they're making available to STHs. The NHL is probably reserving tons of seats for sponsors, big wigs, friends of friends of assistant coaches, etc. Those seats are never in the pool to begin with, and if they just give STHs a bunch of junk seats hoping they'll take whatever the "best seat available" is, well...that kinda stinks.

They sometimes "promise" stuff that really turns out to be a load of junk. For example, in 2013-4, they promised anyone who had a deposit in for a 2014-5 game plan (or maybe it was a STH waitlist deposit) that they'd have early access to the first round of the 2014 playoffs for single game tickets. I logged on out of curiosity, and the prices were awful compared to StubHub - and, I assume, compared to the STH price for a playoff strip.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

Fan relations sent a confirmation email when tickets were renewed. If you keep your old emails then look for one from Boston Bruins Fan Relations. The date of the email should be the date that you renewed.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
Late to thread. They offered the 2 extra tix for early renewal. I usually don't renew early but wanted the extra tix for my last year as a season ticket holder.
Call your rep. You deserve these extra tix before plan holders no matter what(no offense talkinaway).
To all the hockey centric people, this game is huge! I have people asking me for tix all the time. Those prices are very affordable.
This is an "EVENT". This city is all about events.
There will be no cheap seats come New Year's Day.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Late to thread. They offered the 2 extra tix for early renewal. I usually don't renew early but wanted the extra tix for my last year as a season ticket holder.
Call your rep. You deserve these extra tix before plan holders no matter what(no offense talkinaway).
To all the hockey centric people, this game is huge! I have people asking me for tix all the time. Those prices are very affordable.
This is an "EVENT". This city is all about events.
There will be no cheap seats come New Year's Day.

None taken. I fully expect to be in the back of the queue for tickets behind Bruins STHs (and even those who've held a game plan longer than I have), and I accept that. My only disappointment would be if they're not offering enough of the good seats to the STHs because they decide it's more profitable to sell them via Ticketmaster as an individual seat.

Just wondering - about what percentage/amount do you have to plunk down as an STH in March to hold your seat as an early renewal? If you've gotta pay off the whole thing to be considered an "early renewal", then that stinks. But if it's about 20-33%, as I imagine, then that sounds reasonable to me....and, if you're thinking of renewing, I would think that early renewal would make sense.

I agree that the game's an event. An event that I, personally, don't really want to go to. But, like the shootout, I also recognize that a lot of hockey fans like things that I don't, and accept it...plus, watching the spectacle at home should be fun. I just can't see the game being as fun not being up close to the players like at the Garden, tho'.

schmautzy

Feb 22, 2010
None taken. I fully expect to be in the back of the queue for tickets behind Bruins STHs (and even those who've held a game plan longer than I have), and I accept that. My only disappointment would be if they're not offering enough of the good seats to the STHs because they decide it's more profitable to sell them via Ticketmaster as an individual seat.

Just wondering - about what percentage/amount do you have to plunk down as an STH in March to hold your seat as an early renewal? If you've gotta pay off the whole thing to be considered an "early renewal", then that stinks. But if it's about 20-33%, as I imagine, then that sounds reasonable to me....and, if you're thinking of renewing, I would think that early renewal would make sense.

I agree that the game's an event. An event that I, personally, don't really want to go to. But, like the shootout, I also recognize that a lot of hockey fans like things that I don't, and accept it...plus, watching the spectacle at home should be fun. I just can't see the game being as fun not being up close to the players like at the Garden, tho'.

Renewal just meant early commitment.

This is the email they sent. 3/18. Regular deadline was 3/26.

Get Access to Additional Ticket Packages for the 2016 NHL Winter Classic®
Renew your season tickets by Friday, March 20 at 5PM
Renew your season tickets by Friday, March 20 at 5PM and you will receive exclusive access to purchase two (2) additional 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® Ticket Packages, on top of the full season seats that you own.*
Click here to renew now
*Please note that this offer is limited to two Ticket Packages per account, regardless of the number of seats on your account. As a 2015-16 Boston Bruins® Season Ticket Holder you will also have access to purchase the same number of Ticket Packages for the 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® as 2015-16 full seats that you own. Ticket Packages will be available to purchase at a later date.
NHL, the NHL Shield and the word mark NHL Winter Classic is a registered trademark and the NHL Winter Classic logo is a trademark of the the National Hockey League. Boston Bruins name and primary logo are registered trademarks of the NHL team. All Rights Reserved.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Fan relations sent a confirmation email when tickets were renewed. If you keep your old emails then look for one from Boston Bruins Fan Relations. The date of the email should be the date that you renewed.

I just checked and made sure I got the extra two.

In my opinion season ticket perks went from fun to okay to bad in recent years... Maybe it's just me but winter classic was a huge reason I reserved seats

And to renew I think all I had to do was say I want to renew and begin my payments and that's all. I've always just done payment plans because that's how I'm set up I pay like 5 20% instalments I think?

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A couple of years ago they gave us a box of popcorn :laugh:

I think a main reason Boston got the Classic this year was that Jacobs was very worried the STH's would not renew this season.

I just checked and made sure I got the extra two.

In my opinion season ticket perks went from fun to okay to bad in recent years... Maybe it's just me but winter classic was a huge reason I reserved seats

And to renew I think all I had to do was say I want to renew and begin my payments and that's all. I've always just done payment plans because that's how I'm set up I pay like 5 20% instalments I think?

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Is there a shipping fee?
Yes. There is a shipping fee of $11 per order. This fee covers shipping and handling of your ticket package(s). Your ticket package(s) will be sent direct from the ticket printing provider.

If I purchase, when will I receive my tickets?
Ticket package(s) will be shipped beginning the first week in December.

Also, kinda sucks the tickets won't start shipping until the first week in December......will make scalping these seats fairly tricky.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Public sale?

Unclear as after the Bruins, Habs and Pats fans get allotted tickets, the NHL has to keep an unknown number for sponsors and VIP's so how many tickets would be left for a public sale?

There is far more buzz about this game in Quebec than in New England right now. This is only the second outdoor game for Montreal and when they played in Edmonton, thousands from Quebec still showed up. Foxborough is of course much, much closer.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
A couple of years ago they gave us a box of popcorn :laugh:

I think a main reason Boston got the Classic this year was that Jacobs was very worried the STH's would not renew this season.

I thought the signed stick was cool. Wish we could meet players still.

And agreed, and it worked for me anyway I love the winter classic

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Lighten up Francis...I don't like Zac on the B's but I am not wishing injury on him or anyone....well maybe one player but I will just think it.:)

I'm as light as a feather at the moment.
Try to imagine if somebody said this about Bergeron or Eriksson? They'd be banned for life. When in reality, there should be no difference. We're all humans here. Wishing harm upon anyone is dastardly and cowardice.
I get you don't like the player, but you go about it the wrong way. Hold your resentments until October, it's only fair.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Let's tone down the rhetoric folks.

The next poster that suggests that a player should get hurt is going to get a misconduct penalty from me and perhaps a suspension. I don't like to blow the whistle and give out penalties but I will if it continues.

:pb:

Last edited:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Let's tone down the rhetoric folks.

The next poster that suggests that a player should get hurt is going to get a misconduct penalty from me and perhaps a suspension. I don't like to blow the whistle and give out penalties but I will if it continues.

:pb:

Um, I hope this wasn't aimed at me. I was the one standing up against it, not for it. Why did you quote me?

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
Unclear as after the Bruins, Habs and Pats fans get allotted tickets, the NHL has to keep an unknown number for sponsors and VIP's so how many tickets would be left for a public sale?

There is far more buzz about this game in Quebec than in New England right now. This is only the second outdoor game for Montreal and when they played in Edmonton, thousands from Quebec still showed up. Foxborough is of course much, much closer.

Habs played outdoors in Calgary as well. Got spanked as I recall. Flames wore the McDonald's looking jerseys. But yeah, definitely expect prices to be high from the influx of québécois in attendance.

BeardBros

Everything hurt more
Jun 10, 2009
Where March 20 entered the picture I do not know - as they told us last March that the 26th was the cutoff

Got this in an email from fan relations dated 3/18

Get Access to Additional Ticket Packages for the 2016 NHL Winter Classic®
Renew your season tickets by Friday, March 20 at 5PM

Renew your season tickets by Friday, March 20 at 5PM and you will receive exclusive access to purchase two (2) additional 2016 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® Ticket Packages, on top of the full season seats that you own.*

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Yeah, I'm expecting to pay a TON to go to this game, but I paid a lot for Fenway and it was worth every penny (but also one Philly goal away from being a horrible day).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad