2016 Winter Classic plans in Foxborough announced - MOD WARNING POST #119

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Figured this deserved it's own thread going forward to discuss relevant information concerning the upcoming Winter Classic between the Bruins and Canadiens.

The Bruins are holding a press conference TODAY (7/29) at 2PM at Gillette Stadium to discuss the Winter Classic. No word if there will be information on ticket availability to non 1/2 season and STHs made available.

Mods feel free to merge this into another thread if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Looks like they are going old style with logos

winter-classic.jpg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs will be on hand, along with Bruins CEO Charlie Jacobs, Bruins President Cam Neely, Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney, New England Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft, and Bruins players Patrice Bergeron, Torey Krug and Jimmy Hayes.

Those in attendance will also include: NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman; NHL Chief Operating Officer John Collins; NHLPA Divisional Player Representative Steve Webb; Montreal Canadiens Owner/President/CEO Geoff Molson; Montreal Canadiens General Manager Marc Bergevin; Bridgestone Vice President of Sports/Events Marketing Phil Pacsi; Montreal Canadiens Player Brian Flynn; Montreal Canadiens Alum & HHOF member Yvan Cournoyer

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=40773&navid=DL|BOS|home

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Bruins Owner Jeremy Jacobs will be on hand, along with Bruins CEO Charlie Jacobs, Bruins President Cam Neely, Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney, New England Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft, and Bruins players Patrice Bergeron, Torey Krug and Jimmy Hayes.

Those in attendance will also include: NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman; NHL Chief Operating Officer John Collins; NHLPA Divisional Player Representative Steve Webb; Montreal Canadiens Owner/President/CEO Geoff Molson; Montreal Canadiens General Manager Marc Bergevin; Bridgestone Vice President of Sports/Events Marketing Phil Pacsi; Montreal Canadiens Player Brian Flynn; Montreal Canadiens Alum & HHOF member Yvan Cournoyer

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=40773&navid=DL|BOS|home

All the Scabs could manage was a local boy castoff from the Sabres and the freaking Roadrunner? Is Patches too busy scoring sorority girls? Nilan in rehab? Well, at least we get Bergevin (not!) :sarcasm:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
NHL app just announced a Scabs/B's alumni game prior to the Winter Classic. Will Ludwig fall down? Will Knuckles butt end Nifty? Will Jonathan bust open Bouchard? Will the Flower miss the net? Will Kovalev wear a turtleneck? Will Carbonneau be loathsome? (actually, that last one is a given)

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
NHL app just announced a Scabs/B's alumni game prior to the Winter Classic. Will Ludwig fall down? Will Knuckles butt end Nifty? Will Jonathan bust open Bouchard? Will the Flower miss the net? Will Kovalev wear a turtleneck? Will Carbonneau be loathsome? (actually, that last one is a given)

I hope Zednik keeps his head on a swivel

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Will Ribeiro collapse in agony when Chara breathes on him? :D

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Still can't believe Looch won't be apart of this....

I'll be fine...no really..I'll get over him being gone eventually :cry:

TheyTuukkaMyCup

Mar 18, 2014
Wait so will I be able to buy tickets? I'm planning a trip coming down from Alaska and if I can't purchase tickets then :-(

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
10/11 plan ticket holders will be allowed to purchase WC tickets

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=90760

The fine print calls them "packages". I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read that, and I think I'm right.

It sounds like there's an alumni game on 12/31, the day before the WC, and it sounds like they're probably going to bundle it with the WC.

Why do I always have to get fries when all I want is the damn burger?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad