2016 NHL Entry Draft VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
So we know Matthews Laine and Puljujarvi are gonna get taken in the top 3. Then, there's Tkatchuk and Debois who are getting picked before us. I'm thinking Juolevi is the first D-man taken, with Chychrun a possible faller. Brown seems to be the biggest riser of all, so let's say he's the surprise pick in the top 8...

Matthews
Laine
Puljujarvi
Tkachuk
Dubois
Juolevi
Brown

Leaving a nice choice of Nylander, Keller, Sergachyev and Chychrun (I don't really like him though...)...minus one who will get picked before us...

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Stickhandle is talent but you can definitely work on it but usually amazing stickhandler like Kovalev and Kane have spent so much time masterizing that art so they are on a league of their own.

Dangling is more than stickhandling. It's doing it while avoiding opponents on the ice and having instinctive knowledge of where to go to avoid traffic, while still being able to know where your teammates are. Practice helps in the physical part of it but there's an important element of vision and data processing that just can't be thought.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
So we know Matthews Laine and Puljujarvi are gonna get taken in the top 3. Then, there's Tkatchuk and Debois who are getting picked before us. I'm thinking Juolevi is the first D-man taken, with Chychrun a possible faller. Brown seems to be the biggest riser of all, so let's say he's the surprise pick in the top 8...

Matthews
Laine
Puljujarvi
Tkachuk
Dubois
Juolevi
Brown

Leaving a nice choice of Nylander, Keller, Sergachyev and Chychrun (I don't really like him though...)...minus one who will get picked before us...

I think Nylander falls into that group.

Keller, Jost, Chychrun and Sergachev are probably our options.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
How would you guys feel about Golyshev with one of our 2nd round picks? Could possibly step in right away in a top-6 role, if he's interested in coming over.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Dangling is more than stickhandling. It's doing it while avoiding opponents on the ice and having instinctive knowledge of where to go to avoid traffic, while still being able to know where your teammates are. Practice helps in the physical part of it but there's an important element of vision and data processing that just can't be thought.

Still waiting for the new Kovalev.

We might never see that kind of talent again.

That being said, looking at the Avs and Devils board...they hope for Keller/Nylander/one of the top 3 D. Kinda like us.

Last edited:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
We should absolutely do anything to draft pulju

Pacioretty-galchenyuk- pulju

Size, skills, etc

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
How would you guys feel about Golyshev with one of our 2nd round picks? Could possibly step in right away in a top-6 role, if he's interested in coming over.

Doesn't he have 2 years still left on his contract? I'd be interested otherwise, maybe not with a 2nd though.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
We should absolutely do anything to draft pulju

Pacioretty-galchenyuk- pulju

Size, skills, etc

I just don't see anyway to get there without giving up at least a Galchenyuk or Gallagher and plus in the deal. Filler players or players with large contracts won't do it. Even then, CBJ would be offered a lot from other teams as well if 3rd is really up for sale.

I just don't see that happening for us.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
So we know Matthews Laine and Puljujarvi are gonna get taken in the top 3. Then, there's Tkatchuk and Debois who are getting picked before us. I'm thinking Juolevi is the first D-man taken, with Chychrun a possible faller. Brown seems to be the biggest riser of all, so let's say he's the surprise pick in the top 8.

And im sure that the Caps knew about not having a chance to draft Filip Forsberg at 11th... For me there's always a small chance to get any player after Laine.

I just don't see anyway to get there without giving up at least a Galchenyuk or Gallagher and plus in the deal. Filler players or players with large contracts won't do it. Even then, CBJ would be offered a lot from other teams as well if 3rd is really up for sale

The rumor talk about a 1st pick (one before the 10th spot), a top center and a RD so the list become smaller. I would do a pitch like 3rd OV and Werenski vs 9th OV, Plekanec, Scherbak, McCarron, De La Rose and Pateryn.... but I dont think they'll do that.... Anyway the point is trying to grab Werenski with Pulju would be a dream scenario

Basicly another scenario also possible is trading our pick for Werenski but if this possible, I cant see Edmonton or Buffalo not doing it before us

Last edited:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
One difference I see between Bean and Sergachev is size. Sergachev is 220 pounds. Bean is a bit on the thin side. His size is okay but I don't view him as '' big ''

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
One difference I see between Bean and Sergachev is size. Sergachev is 220 pounds. Bean is a bit on the thin side. His size is okay but I don't view him as '' big ''

He had very small amounts of body fat, which bodes well in the future if he wants to put on some muscle.

The differences between Bean and Sergachyov for me are:

1. I like Bean's passing skills more
2. Bean's skills are more NHL transferable IMO
3. Bean actually puts his heart and soul into the games (Sergachyov is very wishy washy in that regard sometimes)
4. I like Bean's potential as a Markov replacement, someone who'd be a very good complement to Subban, rather than Sergachyov who will likely drive a pairing.
5. I think Bean's floor is higher than Sergachyov, which is what we're going for on defense IMO.
6. His ceiling isn't even that much lower than Sergachyov's IMO as well. (Think OEL for Bean if you want a comparable)
7. He's smarter and more poised defensively, maybe even offensively.

And yeah. I think Sergachyov is likely the more dynamic of the two, but Bean just seems like the more effective NHLer to me.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Nothing wrong with Jost at 9.

I really don't think we'll draft a RHD at 39.

Dineen at 45 is ok but I'd rather go with Cholowski or Johansen in this scenario.
If Cholowski is still there at 45 and we don't take him I won't be a happy camper.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I just don't see anyway to get there without giving up at least a Galchenyuk or Gallagher and plus in the deal. Filler players or players with large contracts won't do it. Even then, CBJ would be offered a lot from other teams as well if 3rd is really up for sale.

I just don't see that happening for us.

It's possible, example:

McCarron / Scherbak / Hudon / Juulsen + Plekanec + #9 for #3.

It is not a crazy bad package, it's not like they wouldn't draft top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad