2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Could see Jost becoming a similar player to Claude Giroux or even Jaden Schwartz. It's only one game but man does he ever look better than McLeod. Like barely in the same league.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Could see Jost becoming a similar player to Claude Giroux or even Jaden Schwartz. It's only one game but man does he ever look better than McLeod. Like barely in the same league.

I agree . Mcleod is fast and works hard both ways but I have not been impressed with him. He did look better in the top prospects game.. He may show better against tougher competition where there is more back and forth.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My list in order for picking at 12.

1. Nylander -- Not likely to be there but just in case
2. Keller
3. Jost
4. Brown
5. Bean

my top 8
1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Puljujarvi
4. Dubois
5. Chychrun
6. Tkachuk
7. Nylander
8. Juolevi

9-20 no order
Sergachev
Mcleod
Keller
Jost
Brown
Bean

McAvoy
Jones
Gauthier
Rubtsov
Bellows
Fabbro

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Jost, and Fabbro, would be higher in the bigger picture had they played in the WHL.

Penticton is a hockey factory, it's the best tier 2 development program in NA. It just doesn't have the glow of the CHL (and obvious not as high competition)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Great now someone is going to pick jost high. :laugh:
Hoping him and/or brown are around.
We should be ok at 12. There are going to be a couple surprises going before us I'm sure.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We need a puck control LW, wathcing these playoffs you see the skilled guys getting pucks from traffic into open ice - or as they call it on playoff teams - playing their system.

It looks so easy when you watch good teams, but building plays is something Ottawa did not do well this year. Just seeing the Tampa forwards and the Blues/Hawks - you just see guys always getting hit with pucks with time to make plays and with options, need a Left shot player with skill who can draw guys in and then dish the puck into open ice.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Sens prospect Miles Gendron played for Penticton last year with Jost and Fabbro, just made the connection watching tape on Jost.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Theres solid talent in the 12 range but I'm still in the trade the pick group for a cost controlled LW.

Who would be available whl fits into this category? Drouin. Maybe Yakupov if we converted him to LW? Duchene but he wouldn't really be cheap in terms of dollars but he would be controlled.

I can't help but think we're probably better off signing Hoffman then developing our own guy. Hoffman and MacArthur when healthy is a decent set of LWs for the top 6.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Fabbro is the Chabot of this draft.

Although he was considered a late (20's) first at the start of the season, he is going to gain traction after his season, and his showing at the U-18's where he is their best player (outside of Fitzpatrick, whom I don't consider a player anyways) IMO through 2 games. Both Jost and Fabbro should put to rest the doubts and I expect both to rise. Best D and F thus far. Chychrun has been great as well.

Fabbro is so smart on both sides of the puck, he is ahead of where Chabot was at this time last year. I expect him to have a similar trajectory at BU next season.

Last edited:

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Couple quotes from Pronman regarding Fabbro

Pronman: Two different Team Canada's when the Chychrun-Fabbro pairing are out vs. the alternatives.

@coreypronman So what range do you think Fabbro gets drafted? 8-10, 11-13, 13-15, 15-20
Pronman: I'm not sure yet where I'll rank him or where he'll go but I'm comfortable saying he's in convo for top d in draft

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What's the reasoning for Fabbro for choosing Tier II and the college route instead of the WHL?

I've heard he just wanted himself to go the NCAA route. If he wasn't sure he wanted to play NCAA, he would have gone to Seattle, especially considering he is best friends since childhood with Matthew Barzel, who also plays foe Seattle.

It's also nice to hear others back up how I felt about Fabbro for the past 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Chances are we will get a prospect ranked in our scouts' top 8 or so, especially because there is no real consensus after the top 3. I don't buy the idea that the top 10 is set in stone...there are definitely some teams who have players like Jost, Fabbro, Brown, Keller, etc ranked ahead of players like Tkachuk, Nylander, and Chychrun. I expect that there will be some real surprises on draft day.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Fabbro, like Chabot, is built for the NHL. Great hockey IQ, great puck skills, great skater, great in the passing and transition game.

I haven't watched Juolevi or Sergachev much, but they seem to fit this bill as well.

Hockey IQ should be our #1-2 criteria along with skating.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Jost or Keller would give this team some much needed creativity and playmaking.

Doesn't seem so bad picking at 12 anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad