2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
NHL central scouting has released their final ranking: http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2016

North America:

Final Rank Midterm Rank Player Position Last Amateur Club League
1 7 Dubois, Pierre-Luc Left Wing Cape Breton QMJHL
2 1 Tkachuk, Matthew Left Wing London OHL
3 3 Nylander, Alexander Left Wing Mississauga OHL
4 2 Chychrun, Jakob Defenseman Sarnia OHL
5 5 Juolevi, Olli Defenseman London OHL
6 9 McAvoy, Charles Defenseman Boston University H-EAST
7 14 Brown, Logan Center Windsor OHL
8 10 Sergachev, Mikhail Defenseman Windsor OHL
9 8 Keller, Clayton Center USA U-18 USHL
10 12 Bellows, Kieffer Left Wing USA U-18 USHL

Europe:

1 1 Matthews, Auston Center Zurich SWISS
2 3 Laine, Patrik Right Wing Tappara FINLAND
3 2 Puljujarvi, Jesse Right Wing Karpat FINLAND
4 4 Asplund, Rasmus Center Farjestad SWEDEN
5 6 Rubtsov, German Center Team U18 RUSSIA-JR.
6 5 Grundstrom, Carl Right Wing Modo SWEDEN
7 7 Korshkov, Yegor Right Wing Yaroslavl RUSSIA
8 10 Hronek, Filip Defenseman HR. Kralove CZREP
9 11 Borgstrom, Henrik Center HIFK Jr. FINLAND-JR.
10 8 Lindstrom, Linus Center Skelleftea Jr. SWEDEN-JR.

We know the top 3 from the Europe list are most likely top 3 in the draft.
IMO the next 10 are from the N/A list. That would put Keller at 12 ... The Draft will almost certainly not follow this order

Another Point of View. The Draft Analyst has Mcleod at 12.
http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/mock-drafts/2016-april/

There are lots of points of view out there.

I like Keller or Jost at 12. One or both will be there.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I liked McAvoy in the Last King of Scotland and the reboot of X-Men.

We should get him.

As for 'top 10 set in stone' - beyond those top 2-3 picks... things moves very frequently. Even the top 2-3 can have a player drop.

Agreed the draft will have some surprises.

Oh btw. I know its presumptuous but let me be the first to say "Nice" Avatar. I was going to say "Disturbing" but opted for "Nice".

:)

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Agreed the draft will have some surprises.

Oh btw. I know its presumptuous but let me be the first to say "Nice" Avatar. I was going to say "Disturbing" but opted for "Nice".

:)

Lol. I may have to buy sponsorship to make a better version of the GIF. Unfortunately I had to really reduce quality of colors and cut out a few frames.

Hey man - you probably did it at some point. Maybe with snow - not rain but you've stuck your tongue out, right?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
NHL central scouting has released their final ranking: http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2016

North America:

Final Rank Midterm Rank Player Position Last Amateur Club League
1 7 Dubois, Pierre-Luc Left Wing Cape Breton QMJHL
2 1 Tkachuk, Matthew Left Wing London OHL
3 3 Nylander, Alexander Left Wing Mississauga OHL
4 2 Chychrun, Jakob Defenseman Sarnia OHL
5 5 Juolevi, Olli Defenseman London OHL
6 9 McAvoy, Charles Defenseman Boston University H-EAST
7 14 Brown, Logan Center Windsor OHL
8 10 Sergachev, Mikhail Defenseman Windsor OHL
9 8 Keller, Clayton Center USA U-18 USHL
10 12 Bellows, Kieffer Left Wing USA U-18 USHL

Europe:

1 1 Matthews, Auston Center Zurich SWISS
2 3 Laine, Patrik Right Wing Tappara FINLAND
3 2 Puljujarvi, Jesse Right Wing Karpat FINLAND
4 4 Asplund, Rasmus Center Farjestad SWEDEN
5 6 Rubtsov, German Center Team U18 RUSSIA-JR.
6 5 Grundstrom, Carl Right Wing Modo SWEDEN
7 7 Korshkov, Yegor Right Wing Yaroslavl RUSSIA
8 10 Hronek, Filip Defenseman HR. Kralove CZREP
9 11 Borgstrom, Henrik Center HIFK Jr. FINLAND-JR.
10 8 Lindstrom, Linus Center Skelleftea Jr. SWEDEN-JR.

We know the top 3 from the Europe list are most likely top 3 in the draft.
IMO the next 10 are from the N/A list. That would put Keller at 12 ... The Draft will almost certainly not follow this order

Another Point of View. The Draft Analyst has Mcleod at 12.
http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/mock-drafts/2016-april/

There are lots of points of view out there.

I like Keller or Jost at 12. One or both will be there.

McLeod would be dope

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Carl Grundstrom might be a dark horse riser going into the draft. Kinda like Zbad, but not up to 6th overall obviously.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Cool, McKeens' Grant McCagg saying Ottawa is in good with top 12 as he thinks there are 12 guys that stand out and 4 or 5 dmen in there that ottawa will get a shot at.

Thinks there is a slight drop after 12. Could even see Chychrun dropping to us (probably not likely though).

Oh, also said that McLeod has one of/the best motors he's seen in any draft eligible player. Like Taylor Hall but consistent.

Worth listening to once it's posted.

Also, article..
http://www.mckeenshockey.com/prospects-blog/mckeens-2016-top-30-nhl-draft-rankings-apr-2016/

Last edited:

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Boy did we ever potentially screw ourselves moving down to 12th from 10.
Going to guess Brown will be gone too. We'll have to take another dman or settle on a next best, consolation prize forward

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Cool, McKeens' Grant McCagg saying Ottawa is in good with top 12 as he thinks there are 12 guys that stand out and 4 or 5 dmen in there that ottawa will get a shot at.

Thinks there is a slight drop after 12. Could even see Chychrun dropping to us (probably not likely though).

Oh, also said that McLeod has one of/the best motors he's seen in any draft eligible player. Like Taylor Hall but consistent.

Worth listening to once it's posted.

Also, article..
http://www.mckeenshockey.com/prospects-blog/mckeens-2016-top-30-nhl-draft-rankings-apr-2016/

He also said he sees Laine as a 50-60 goal guy in the NHL. So he only thinks he'll be the best goal scorer in the NHL and up there with some of the greatest of all time.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Sooo... I take it you don't agree with Grant McCagg, then.

:laugh:
right.
I agree with him but he was talking about Logan Brown or Chychrun potentially dropping to us. Great but I don't think that will happen. Top 12 may be a good group, I think it could drop off at around 10 though(that's where I kind of doubt the statement) if all the wrong(best) guys get chosen by then.

I'm just trying to say that at 10 I'd be very confident we were going to get a great impact player. At 12 I'm not so confident. But still optimistic.:yo:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He also said he sees Laine as a 50-60 goal guy in the NHL. So he only thinks he'll be the best goal scorer in the NHL and up there with some of the greatest of all time.

Which isn't a stretch. Laine has the best pure skill-set I've seen since I started closely following prospects in high school. He is probably the best goal scorer since Ovechkin in 04'.

A 6-4, 210 pound monster who has an elite shot, puck handling, vision, can skate well, and play physical in the dirty areas. I've said it many times, I expect him to be the best winger in the league for a period of time in his career.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Laine has one of the best shots I've ever seen. Not even best in an 18 year old, best in any player. I fully expect him to score 50 on the regular.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
IMO Tkachuk does not go ahead of Pulj or Dubois, Mcleod will not go ahead of Tkachuk, Dubois, Nylander or Chychrun

i'm just guessing at surprises. doesn't matter at that point though, those guys will be gone by the time we pick.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I'm not at all worried about drafting 12th.

We've done well with a lot of our last ~5 years first round picks, during which time we've picked anywhere from 6th to 21st.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would be ecstatic with Keller / McLeod.

Simply pleased with jost (probably cuz I've never seen him play but hear ok things) and brown.

Wouldn't like bean.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
i'm just guessing at surprises. doesn't matter at that point though, those guys will be gone by the time we pick.

Yup. Unfortunately true. But I still like options that will be available to us quite a bit. Obviously not Matthews or Laine unless the sun shines brightly that day. :)

Imagine McDavid with Laine wow deadly combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad