NFL: 2016 NFL Offseason News & Notes Discussion Thread - Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
FWIW, Schefter said he believes the Von Miller deal gets done prior to tomorrow's deadline.

He also said no one is optimistic about Eric Berry but that one is still possible. The others, as posted above, aren't happening.

Clady and Demaryus signed long term deals on the 15th after their respective franchise tags and there were stories of acrimony then too.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I understand the concerns about him staying healthy. But when healthy he has shown to be elite WR

I would sign him to longterm deal without concern

As would any sane team. The Bears just seem to like to make certain player's lives miserable.

As for health, every player is a health concern. Not every player is a game-changer, like Jeffery.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
These players holding out refusing to sign franchise tag. Players want it gone yet sign a CBA that permits it.

Can a team pull the franchise tag and still retain the rights? I'd want the Jets to pull Wilkerson's offer mid August and let him sit and make nothing for the season. Sit of the hold out ********. The team is in control here, he can hold out all he wants but he can either sign it or make 0 for the season.

Same for Von Miller, really. Broncos just won a Superbowl, they should be in no hurry to cave. Sign a better CBA next time, players.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
These players holding out refusing to sign franchise tag. Players want it gone yet sign a CBA that permits it.

Can a team pull the franchise tag and still retain the rights? I'd want the Jets to pull Wilkerson's offer mid August and let him sit and make nothing for the season. Sit of the hold out ********. The team is in control here, he can hold out all he wants but he can either sign it or make 0 for the season.

Same for Von Miller, really. Broncos just won a Superbowl, they should be in no hurry to cave. Sign a better CBA next time, players.

Pretty sure the player becomes an UFA if the team pulls the tag. Wilkerson is a beast and soon to be 27 years old. I don't blame him one bit for wanting a long-term big guarantee deal. He has earned it and deserves it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's a lot of money. Totally earned, but still.

Perhaps more interesting now since this deal is all but done; Justin Tucker is threatening to not re-sign in Baltimore if a deal is not reached by some time tomorrow.

I don't think kickers have that kind of leverage, but he is one of the best so we'll see i guess...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Brutal early schedule as it is and now this. I think this team is going to be really bad.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
SBNation ran an article saying the Cheifs tried to get Berry to pay for his own disability policy. Has that happened before?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
SBNation ran an article saying the Cheifs tried to get Berry to pay for his own disability policy. Has that happened before?

I recall that happening in the past at least a few times with players attempting to get a new contract following significant injuries and lost time. Don't recall the names, but I thought one of the 49ers players did so like 4-6 years back.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I recall that happening in the past at least a few times with players attempting to get a new contract following significant injuries and lost time. Don't recall the names, but I thought one of the 49ers players did so like 4-6 years back.

I'm almost 100% sure it's happened before I just can't think of a specific player off the top of my head. I don't think it was the smartest thing Cheifs could do though, that's a PR nightmare waiting to happen

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
mike freemanVerified account @mikefreemanNFL
Brandon Marshall on @MichaelRapaport
podcast says Ryan Fitzpatrick hasn't returned his texts in 2 weeks. They normally speak almost daily.

Talk about being bitter.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
mike freemanVerified account @mikefreemanNFL
Brandon Marshall on @MichaelRapaport
podcast says Ryan Fitzpatrick hasn't returned his texts in 2 weeks. They normally speak almost daily.

Talk about being bitter.

If I was being treated the way the Jets are continuing to treat Fitzpatrick at damn near the end of July, then I wouldn't be too talkative, either. Especially to a guy like Marshall, who has a contract with a lot of money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad