Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v4) Next: @ TB | Sat, Apr 25 | 6pm ET/3pm PT | Norris vs Ramirez

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
he trapped that

edit: nvm, thought I saw it go down and then up but it was a bounce in his glove.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Stop being silly Nem. I'll take my pitcher who gives up 10 runs in an 11-10 win every day over a guy who loses 1-0. At least the guy who won knows how to pitch to the score, and while he gave up more runs he knows how to get the other team out to get the W when it matters.

Someone once straight-faced argued to me that they would rather have Carl Pavano from 2010 than have Felix Hernandez from the same year because Pavano was 17-11 and Felix was barely above .500 (13-12)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Someone once straight-faced argued to me that they would rather have Carl Pavano from 2010 than have Felix Hernandez from the same year because Pavano was 17-11 and Felix was barely above .500 (13-12)

Smart guy. It's no so much entirely about the wins only, but that Felix lost more games as well. If the guy can't prevent the other team from scoring too many runs to lose then he alone cost the team games, surprised they didn't try to trade him straight up. Then again, they probably did and the Twins were too smart to agree to such a terrible deal.

Yes :sarcasm: for anyone who's not sure.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Wow. I'm all for monitoring pitcher workload and not just going "I once saw Simon "Dirt Road" Charleston* throw a 200-pitch outing for the Brooklyn Dodgers to get the complete game win, then pitch the first game of the playoffs 3 days later while hungover and he had a perfect game." because that's stupid and you damn well should be preventing guys from blowing their arms out for overuse, but that was an insanely quick hook on Smyly. If he's so injured that you're not even going to think twice about yanking him at, what, 70 pitches? Then maybe he shouldn't be pitching at all in the bigs yet.

*not a real player. Don't bother looking it up

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They said he was on a 80 pitch count, had 60 something in his final rehab start. Yanked at 79. Surprised they didn't let him try to get the final out to potentially get the W if the Rays win which they won't

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oh my god, did you see the way that ball bounced off the crazy TB turf in between Tolleson and Pompey? What a joke, we should totally boycott this game! I'm going to file a prote-

Sorry, seems like Buck Showalter got a hold of my account there for a minute. But he's been removed and I have regained control. Situation averted. Carry on.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
They said he was on a 80 pitch count, had 60 something in his final rehab start. Yanked at 79. Surprised they didn't let him try to get the final out to potentially get the W if the Rays win which they won't

that's just dumb. If you're going to start a guy in an MLB game, you should be OK with him going at least 90 pitches so he can make it through the 6th if he's on an average pitches/inning clip.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Jays starting rotation straight up blows.

Get at least one good starter and you can kick Sanchez out of the rotation and to the pen instead. It would help the improve the awful bullpen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad