Pre-Game Talk: 2015 Stanley Cup Final: Bolts vs Hawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
If you watched the series against Rangers you may change your mind. BB doesn't have the consistency of a Lundqvist but when he's on, he's very good.

That sounds like a certain Blackhawks goalie we're all familiar with.

Bishop's most reliable trait is his inconsistency.

And the Rangers were a disaster offensively throughout the entire playoffs - something worth noting.

Last edited:

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
That sounds like a certain Blackhawks goalie we're all familiar with.

Bishop's most reliable trait is his inconsistency.

And the Rangers were a disaster offensively throughout the entire playoffs - something worth noting.

Yeah, I'm not impressed with Bishop. No disrespect to him, but I don't think the Hawks are going to have much of a problem with him. I would have been more worried about facing Lundqvist.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, I'm not impressed with Bishop. No disrespect to him, but I don't think the Hawks are going to have much of a problem with him. I would have been more worried about facing Lundqvist.

I'm never really worried about any goalie. They may have a game or two, but this team eventually always finds a way to score (barring Mike Smith). More worried about being able to carry play and limit their extended zone time.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Hello former enemies. After years of failure on behalf of the Canucks I have become a closet Hawks fan. After arguing with some dumbass Canucks fans (about Kesler being a diving scum bag) I know where I belong. GO HAWKS GO!

Well, come on out of the closet … the weather's fine!
Welcome aboard.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
3689320_o.gif

mikitas donut

Flowers of Antimony
Sep 10, 2010
Northern Illinois
So many landmines on the main boards: "Toews is modern day Messier", "Keith/Kane/Toews are the most clutch players", "Toews is more complete player than Federov ", "Toews is the best player in the world", "Keith wins Conn-Smythe" and many more. Most started by non Blackhawks' fans and so much wtf going on those threads. Don't want to touch any of them with a 10 foot pole until the playoffs are over. Just feels like bad juju.

It feels like it's planned out by the poster to set up a bunch of "I told you so" posts because no one will remember it was non-Hawk fans that stared them. Reverse trolling if you will.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We keep facing these goalies we are worried about and time and time again we figure it out. Bishop will be pretty nervous, will see how it goes but I like our chances. I think Bishop is very comparable to Andersen. Its a big ask for any team to beat the Hawks 4 times when they are clicking, this Tampa team is really out of nowhere to just get to the finals. They miraculously got out of the first round. If they lose in the finals they will still celebrate their great season, the Hawks wouldn't. Hawks in 6

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not taking the Bolts for granted by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I was more worried by the Ducks than I am about the Bolts. Feeling good with my Hawks in six prediction, though obviously their offense can be explosive and Bishop can definitely steal a game or two or three. All in all, I think we have the edge on them in enough categories to have the advantage overall.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Special teams really worry me against the Bolts. Hawks PK has been garbage since the trade deadline. PK needs to step up big time if they were to win this series.

I'd love to see this team lift the cup on home ice for once. But my gut says Hawks in 7.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
Please for the love of everyone, beat the **** out of the bolts.

Hawks offense should absolutely massacre bishop who is one overrated pos

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Dubnyk, Rinne (twice), Quick (twice), Rask

The Hawks core has never had a problem with goalies with the exception of Smith. Bishop is a good goalie but I'm not worried about him being a deciding factor in this series

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Bishop can be a great goalie, but he is no better than Crawford. The Rangers exposed him in a few games, which has made me less worried about him.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Goalies: Even
D: Slight Hawks edge thanks to better top 4
F: Even
Depth: Even
Experience: Hawks obviously
Game changers: Hawks, I'll take Toews and Kane when it's on the line over anyone in the world.

Verdict: Hawks in 5 or 6

member 151739

He's a big goalie. Eats up the net. Some think he could eventually be a top 3 tender in the league.

Could be. But Rinne is already arguably a top 3 goalie in the league, and we didn't have that much trouble against him. Predators' defense without Weber is comparable to the Lightning's. Not to mention, Quick and Rask weren't insurmountable struggles in the past. Hawks have faced better defenses and better goalies. I'm worried about the Lightning's top line. That's it.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Not taking the Bolts for granted by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I was more worried by the Ducks than I am about the Bolts. Feeling good with my Hawks in six prediction, though obviously their offense can be explosive and Bishop can definitely steal a game or two or three. All in all, I think we have the edge on them in enough categories to have the advantage overall.

Anaheim was better than I thought they'd be, but there's still a little part of me that thinks we're going through the playoffs in reverse order of difficulty.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
The argument that Tampa will win because we are an O6 team makes me :facepalm:. That's really nice that you beat 3 other O6 teams on your way to the finals, but that has no correlation to the Hawks. They're a different beast.

This series will be tough though and I think a lot of fans will underestimate the Bolts. I have Hawks in 6, but it will be a dogfight. Really hoping the Hawks get it done, and if they win on home ice that would be the icing on the cake.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
The argument that Tampa will win because we are an O6 team makes me :facepalm:. That's really nice that you beat 3 other O6 teams on your way to the finals, but that has no correlation to the Hawks. They're a different beast.

This series will be tough though and I think a lot of fans will underestimate the Bolts. I have Hawks in 6, but it will be a dogfight. Really hoping the Hawks get it done, and if they win on home ice that would be the icing on the cake.

Meh, fans underestimating a team means nothing really. The only thing that matters is the players, and the Hawks won't underestimate them. Our boys are on a mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad