OT: 2015 Ottawa Music Festival and Concerts Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I kinda think it's better this year to be honest. The top end is obviously not there, but there are a ton of mid-range acts that are going to be fantastic. If my work sched wasn't so unpredictable I'd have no issue dropping $200 on the full pass this year.

P.S That Bill Burr add is phenomenal. Guy is one of the best in the business. I can't miss that one.

This year has a great mix of headliners and depth from all genres of music. As someone that enjoys, hip hop, classic rock, indi, EDM and country im ecstatic. Plus im moving into a condo at Preston and Carling in May. One O train stop away I cant wait! I saw Kanye and Jay Z in Montreal a few years back and it was unreal. So pumped about his addition.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
What I'd give to form a coalition of a couple hundred people to mercilessly boo Kanye West when he comes to Ottawa.

Get right up from and just boo harder than anyone has ever booed before!

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
This year has a great mix of headliners and depth from all genres of music. As someone that enjoys, hip hop, classic rock, indi, EDM and country im ecstatic. Plus im moving into a condo at Preston and Carling in May. One O train stop away I cant wait! I saw Kanye and Jay Z in Montreal a few years back and it was unreal. So pumped about his addition.

Any word on if Foo Fighters might still be coming?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
What I'd give to form a coalition of a couple hundred people to mercilessly boo Kanye West when he comes to Ottawa.

Get right up from and just boo harder than anyone has ever booed before!

That would be a great way to make Bluesfest look like a giant joke.

Like him or not, Kanye is the biggest name in hip hop and one of the best hip hop artists ever, this is a huge draw for bluesfest. I'm praying Ottawa idiots don't ruin this.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd say extremely unlikely, since they blew such a huge chunk of the budget on Kanye.

Well fingers crossed they pull it off and get the Foo Fighters too. I know alot of people hate on country but if you're one that enjoys nice scenery that Jason Aldean concert will be loaded with talent....

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That would be a great way to make Bluesfest look like a giant joke.

Like him or not, Kanye is the biggest name in hip hop and one of the best hip hop artists ever, this is a huge draw for bluesfest. I'm praying Ottawa idiots don't ruin this.

They wont... Everyone will be having too much fun, he puts on a great show. I dont care for his personality but his music is great.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

I'm praying for another stage collapse! **** Kayne, he's a prejudice piece of ****! :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I don't care for country or edm, but I'm still happy that bluesfest was able to get some big acts for those genres. I don't understand why some people are so angry about bluesfest getting (arguably) the biggest act out there right now, a lot of people are pumped to see him and overall it's a good thing for the festival. I'm not planning to go to the Keith Urban show just to boo him and I'm definitely not praying for a stage collapse.

And seriously, this stuff about his personality is just getting old. It's funny how he's one of the most hated celebrities, yet he's never abused anyone, isn't hooked on drugs, and is now a family man who puts out songs like this:

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
Kanye will be pretty good . He was here pretty recently though. Hopefully he doesnt play much of the yeezus album

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Bleh

Kanye makes bland music and I'll have the displeasure of hearing it all very well from my apartment

I might have to make plans to not be at home that night!

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
And seriously, this stuff about his personality is just getting old. It's funny how he's one of the most hated celebrities, yet he's never abused anyone, isn't hooked on drugs, and is now a family man who puts out songs like this:

This. So much this. He gets hated more than almost every other public figure for what? Being cocky and a little rough around the edges? Let's save the vitriol for those in the industry who are actually convicted criminals, ect, not on some guy who thinks Beyonce is cool.

I'm leaving before I get an infraction lol

There's a reason I've stayed out of this thread all day, haha. People are entitled to their opninions, but most of it seems silly in this context.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Frankly, kind of disappointed in some of the comments in here. Someone on Facebook said it well.

"Apparently there's a petition going around to remove Kanye West from this year's Ottawa Bluesfest?! And we wonder why people think we're a lame ass government town..."

He pretty much hits the nail on the head. No one is holding a gun to your and forcing you to watch him. As for the people close enough to hear him from their house, well go watch a movie or something.
:laugh:

I already have my tickets and I am extremely excited.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Frankly, kind of disappointed in some of the comments in here. Someone on Facebook said it well.

"Apparently there's a petition going around to remove Kanye West from this year's Ottawa Bluesfest?! And we wonder why people think we're a lame ass government town..."

He pretty much hits the nail on the head. No one is holding a gun to your and forcing you to watch him. As for the people close enough to hear him from their house, well go watch a movie or something.

I already have my tickets and I am extremely excited.

Its not limited to Ottawa there is a city in England that's doing the same and in the past there have been other city that have had people try and stop him do they have any luck no but they have tried.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
On what grounds are people trying to get Kanye blacklisted?

His music isn't my cup of tea but if we banned every musician who's music some people didn't like life would be pretty ****ing terrible wouldn't it?

Please tell me it isn't a bunch of idiot SJWs...

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Its not limited to Ottawa there is a city in England that's doing the same and in the past there have been other city that have had people try and stop him do they have any luck no but they have tried.

Yeah, it's Glastonbury. Same idea there, these sorts of petitions only paint the individuals as backwards minded people with no tolerance for other forms of culture. I'm happy none of these people have had any success, it's ridiculous and close minded.

My favourite complaints related to his appearance at Bluesfest are from individuals bemoaning that the organizers aren't getting any "real, hard working artists" to play. These are the same people that have likely never supported any local acts outside of Bluesfest.

The petition in question is introduced with the following text:
Kanye West is an idiot. The world has so many good musicians that don't let their ego get to their heads. Kanye has brought nothing but shame to himself. Furthermore, this has nothing to do with Blues. You'd be better off booking Beck. Bluesfest, you are tarnishing your reputation by booking this jackass.

Yeah, that's a real compelling reason to cancel on him.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
On what grounds are people trying to get Kanye blacklisted?

His music isn't my cup of tea but if we banned every musician who's music some people didn't like life would be pretty ****ing terrible wouldn't it?

Please tell me it isn't a bunch of idiot SJWs...

Its not the music its how he acts that's whats they take issue with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad