2015 All Star weekend thread

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
17 to 12. That has to be up there as one of the most ridiculous AS game. :laugh:

There's not even trying and then there's that.

The game is pointless, and a display of shinny. As a result, we get goals galore.

I am happy that the NHL regular season games do not look like this. Goals are great, but a 2-1 game with fire and intensity is so much more enjoyable to watch.

CanadianLover

Oct 27, 2014
The game is pointless, and a display of shinny. As a result, we get goals galore.

I am happy that the NHL regular season games do not look like this. Goals are great, but a 2-1 game with fire and intensity is so much more enjoyable to watch.
I agree. It was boring as hell. Too many goals. The whole week-end was boring, specially the draft. The NHL lacks imagination. I hope to see a East vs West type of thing with something at stakes! For example the team that wins between East and West gets 1 free pts; it can makes a difference in the playoff with ice advantage.

Last edited:

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
It seems more like "Player goof off weekend" which is fine, in a sense, I'm not anti-fun, I like that they have fun. But when it does not contain the actual all stars anymore, nobody tries, players drop out for whatever reason they can, and hardly any skill is on display, maybe renaming it would be better.

NHL Silly Stars Weekend?

No wait, the "Gatorade NHL Honda Silly Stars Weekend brought to you by Amp" with 5 minute comedy sets from each commentator and Fall Out Boy will play after each goal. And every millionaire gets a free car. A HONDA car. "Honda :) We make cars"

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
It seems more like "Player goof off weekend" which is fine, in a sense, I'm not anti-fun, I like that they have fun. But when it does not contain the actual all stars anymore, nobody tries, players drop out for whatever reason they can, and hardly any skill is on display, maybe renaming it would be better.

NHL Silly Stars Weekend?

No wait, the "Gatorade NHL Honda Silly Stars Weekend brought to you by Amp" with 5 minute comedy sets from each commentator and Fall Out Boy will play after each goal. And every millionaire gets a free car. A HONDA car. "Honda :) We make cars"

We should boycott it.

DyerMaker66*

Standing outside yelling "rabble rabble" doesn't accomplish anything.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Standing outside yelling "rabble rabble" doesn't accomplish anything.

I dunno. I take South Park pretty seriously. Those guys don't make stuff up. I think the third RABBLE is the most important though, 'rabble rabble' would be completely ineffective.

DyerMaker66*

I dunno. I take South Park pretty seriously. Those guys don't make stuff up. I think the third RABBLE is the most important though, 'rabble rabble' would be completely ineffective.

Like an amp going to 11?

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Was trying to find a way to sum up the weekend, think I nailed it:

B8SzE6MCEAAiRax.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad