GDT: 2014 Gold Medal Game • Sweden vs. Finland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

V1C

Dec 28, 2013
Yeah, everything's the refs fault... Why don't you PLAY hockey instead of just trying to defend your 1-goal-lead? Bout time you got punished for it.

Swedish playmaker*

Finland play a very defensive turtle system in their own zone after gaining a lead, that's a recipe for taking penalties. Don't blame the refs for turtling it up in your own zone.

(Yes, one of those calls wasnt a penalty, but refs always make at least 1 call each game, NHL, IIHF or SEL)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If you are forced to defend most of the time, you will get tripping, hooking and holding penalties.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
That's what happens when you forecheck and have the puck a lot, the opposing team will take penalties. In even strength Finland hasn't had much at all going for them.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
That was quite a hard hit by the Finn. Should have been a penalty.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
5 straight PPs including two really bad calls... when the home team is down 2-1.

That makes me suspicious.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Finns took 5 straight penalties because they're too slow to match up with Sweden's pace.

31-22 shots, Sweden dominating, Finland chasing and forced to take penalties.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Last call was ok.
Still..
Not the first year it puzzles me why hockey referees so much in love with Swedes?
Can't remember a single game when they were suffering from refs mistakes.
Always the other way around.

I take it you havent watched alot of hockey.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Oh well, the deal seems to be that Sweden is supposed to win - fair enough, but I do, awfully, like our game! So cool, so controlled - lovely stuff. But, ok, Sweden will win because it's the rules this year.

Sher-Wood

May 12, 2003
Sweden
What are you complaining about? It was an obvious holding the stick. Finns was lucky refs didn't call that puck out...

KingMatthews

popcorn.gif
Jan 14, 2009
Toronto
I'm still rooting for Finland and feel like they're still going to win this game. Saros is just too good he just needs to get the support from the other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad