2014-2015 General Wild Discussion Thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
FBltpWo.jpg

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
So crazy...imagine last season or even the season before without Parise, Nino, Vanek...the team would be a complete disaster.

Those lines....don't look horrible.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I actually like the move. Not only does it rest guys, but it gives some guys who've been short on playing time lately a chance to get back to game speed before the playoffs, and a chance to compete for those last few spots in the lines. It's great to get Zucker, Bergy, Cooke, Fonzie, Schroeder, and Carter some ice time.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Hmm no Haula? Do you guys think he will be in the starting lineup come playoffs?

I like the idea of resting, I wish we could frontload the skill a bit more instead of putting Bergie on the 2nd line.. We just rested all of our LW's at once lol. I'd rather see Schroeder replace Bergie and bump fontaine up. Put Bergie on the 4th line.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hmm no Haula? Do you guys think he will be in the starting lineup come playoffs?

I like the idea of resting, I wish we could frontload the skill a bit more instead of putting Bergie on the 2nd line.. We just rested all of our LW's at once lol. I'd rather see Schroeder replace Bergie and bump fontaine up. Put Bergie on the 4th line.

I think Fontaine and Schroeder have proven they can perform up and down the lineup, and Bergenheim has been sitting a lot lately. Put him in the best place to produce and see if it's worth it to keep playing him.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

Bergy is on the 2nd line because this is his last chance. He's set up to succeed, and if he doesn't play well again he'll be in the pressbox after tonight barring injuries. Schroeder has shown he's going to be at least a rotational guy for the bottom-6, Fontaine has shown he's necessary in the line-up.

EDIT: well AKL just said the exact same thing before me.

J22*

I found that interesting as well. Hopefully Haula is just resting an injury, and that's why he has looked like garbage in the last few. But, I have a gut feeling that Yeo is done giving him chances to earn ice time.

Quicy

Jun 24, 2012
I kind of wish Suter would be sitting as well, but I'm ok with the rest.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
I think Fontaine and Schroeder have proven they can perform up and down the lineup, and Bergenheim has been sitting a lot lately. Put him in the best place to produce and see if it's worth it to keep playing him.

Bergy is on the 2nd line because this is his last chance. He's set up to succeed, and if he doesn't play well again he'll be in the pressbox after tonight barring injuries. Schroeder has shown he's going to be at least a rotational guy for the bottom-6, Fontaine has shown he's necessary in the line-up.

EDIT: well AKL just said the exact same thing before me.

My only problem is it seems more like putting him in a position to fail. Bergie is not, and has never been, a 2nd line LW. Put him in his role, checking 3rd or 4th liner who heads up the ice, not expecting him to put up points on the 2nd. Let Schroeder and Fontaine try playing out of their roles as a goal scoring 2nd liner with some other skilled players.

These lines all have a possession killer on them and I'm afraid it will just look bad everywhere.

Then again we clinched! Who cares wooooo :yo:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I kind of wish Suter would be sitting as well, but I'm ok with the rest.

I'm with you. He strikes me as the most tired player on the Wild... He certainly has logged the most minutes.

I sure hope he is under 20 min. tonight, and doesn't play against St. Louis.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I have the feeling Haula is in the doghouse, Russo referred to it as well.

Also agree on Suter, although he's playing tonight and Russo said that he thinks we will have our normal best lineup for STL.

I think Suter's minutes will be down tonight, and hopefully again against STL. But if there is one guy I want to rest, it's him.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
I have the feeling Haula is in the doghouse, Russo referred to it as well.

Also agree on Suter, although he's playing tonight and Russo said that he thinks we will have our normal best lineup for STL.

I think Suter's minutes will be down tonight, and hopefully again against STL. But if there is one guy I want to rest, it's him.
So who on the blue line is sitting? Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad