2014-15 IIHF World Junior Championship Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

Reinhart with amazing patience entering the attacking zone and helping the goal. Didn't get an assist though.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - Reinhart dishes off and then fires from the slot on the PP. CAN gets a couple chances at the rebound and Max Domi puts it home. CAN 1, SWE 0.
Team Canada Men @HC_Men - Goal! @maxi_domi from the side of the net on the power play. 1-0 early in the first. #WJC2015

USA Hockey @USAHockeyScores - United States vs Germany pre-tourney match up underway at the K-Rock Centre in Kingston! #USAWJC
Fast pace through the first six minutes. Both teams with chances, but still scoreless in the first period. #USAWJC

Team Canada Men @HC_Men - Josh Morrissey's shot from the point gives Canada a 2-0 lead less than 9 minutes in. #WJC2015

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@USAHockeyScores - GOAL!! - J.T. Compher streaks up the left wing, cuts into the slot and slides one past the German goaltender to make it 1-0 USA. #USAWJC

@SabresProspects - J.T. Compher breaks down the wing and scores to give USA a 1-0 lead on Germany.

@USAHockeyScores - About five left to play in the first period. United States leading 1-0 on goal from J.T. Compher. #USAWJC

@USAHockeyScores - Scoring on 1st United States Goal - Compher-Downing-DeAngelo at 14:45.

@USAHockeyScores - GOAL - Tyler Motte nets an even-strength marker, putting the United States up 2-0 with under a minute to play in the first. #USAWJC
@USAHockeyScores - Scoring on 2nd United States Goal - Motte-Fasching-Larkin at 19:04.

@USAHockeyScores - Through 20 minutes, United States leads Germany 2-0 on goals from @umichhockey teammates Compher and Motte.
Shots On Goal - United States 18 Germany 6.

@HC_Men - After 20 minutes - Canada leads Sweden 2-0 - Canada will start the second on the power play.

Last edited:

Bps21*

Reinhart with amazing patience entering the attacking zone and helping the goal. Didn't get an assist though.

It was a great play. One of those great examples of why assists stats don't always tell the story. He made the best play on that scoring play...and gets nothing. Think of all the hilarious secondary assists you've seen handed out that pad stats...and then watch this scoring play and compare lol.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@USAHockeyScores - GOAL!!! - With 11:53 to play in the second, Miles Woods nets one on a great feed from Jeremy Bracco. United States now leads 3-0.
@USAHockeyScores - Scoring on 3rd United States Goal at 8:07 of Second Period. Wood-Bracco-Cassels. USA 3 Germany 0. #USAWJC

@USAHockeyScores - GOAL!! Zach Werenski dangles around a German defender and lasers one in from the right circle. United States. now leading 4-0. #USAWJC
@USAHockeyScores - Scoring on 4th United States Goal at 9:29 of Second Period. Werenski-Unassisted. USA 4 Germany 0. #USAWJC

Last edited:

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It was a great play. One of those great examples of why assists stats don't always tell the story. He made the best play on that scoring play...and gets nothing. Think of all the hilarious secondary assists you've seen handed out that pad stats...and then watch this scoring play and compare lol.
His composure was great as well. The way he carried the puck in and spun around to lose the defender for the dish to Domi actually splitting the D and then setting himself up in front of the net for a great scoring chance which Domi eventually got the rebound on. Kids smarts are unreal.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@HC_Men - Gustav Forsling cuts Swedish deficit in half with point shot on the PP. Canada now leads 2-1. #WJC2015 #CANvsSWE

@HC_Men - After Swedish goalie Ward misplays the puck, Duclair restores Canada's two-goal lead. 3-1 Canada. #CANvsSWE

@USAHockeyScores - After 40 minutes - United States leads Germany 4-0. Goals from Compher, Motte, Wood and Werenski. #USAWJC

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Bracco has had a couple beautiful primary helpers this weekend. I wonder if it'll be enough.

ZeroPT*

Oh another thing, Reinhart won't get any credit since his linemates are Domi and Duke and both skate really fast and do lots of really nice shooting and toe drag stuff and they skate fast!

Seriously. Ferraro is like the only one giving Reinhart any love it seems.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Oh another thing, Reinhart won't get any credit since his linemates are Domi and Duke and both skate really fast and do lots of really nice shooting and toe drag stuff and they skate fast!

Seriously. Ferraro is like the only one giving Reinhart any love it seems.

Ferraro is also the only one that ever does the talking. Seriously, dude talks a lot.

ZeroPT*

Ferraro is also the only one that ever does the talking. Seriously, dude talks a lot.

He's a smart guy. I rather him talk alot and give proper analysis than McGuire talking once a period about where Connor McDavid lost his virginity

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@HC_Men - Canada (Duclair) and Sweden (Forsling) exchange second period goals - Canada leads 3-1 through 40 mins.

LaxSabre - Midway through the Third Period - United States still leads Germany 4-0.

@USAHockeyScores - Germany gets on the board with a low middle-point shot. United States now leading 4-1 with about 6:30 to play in the game. #USAWJC

@HC_Men 0 - Goal! Shea Theodore roofs it from the face-off circle. 4-1 Canada. #CANvsSWE #WJC2015.

@USAHockeyScores - Germany takes advantage on the PP - narrowing the gap on the scoreboard to two goals. United States up 4-2 with under five to play.

@USAHockeyScores - GOAL!!! - Anthony Louis comes off the right boards and sneaks a backhander in the left top corner to give the United States a 5-2 lead.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@USAHockeyScores - Final - United States tops Germany 5-2.
United States Goal Scorers - Compher, Motte, Wood, Werenski and Louis.
Final Shots On Goal - 49-22 United States.
United States faces Sweden in their final pre-tourney game - Tuesday, December 23 - 7:00 pm ET.

@HC_Men - Give and Go between Sam Reinhart and Joe Hicketts leads to Canada's fifth goal of the game.
(LaxSabre - Sam Reinhart with the goal - Joe Hicketts with the assist.)
@SabresProspects - Sam Reinhart finishes off a perfect give-and-go to give Canada a 5-1 lead on Sweden. #Sabres

@HC_Men - William Nylander converts on the penalty shot for Sweden but Canada still leading, 5-2. #WJC2015

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
He's a smart guy. I rather him talk alot and give proper analysis than McGuire talking once a period about where Connor McDavid lost his virginity

Brampton, Ontario. Pierre mentioned it during an Otters game in October.

Bps21*

It's going to be a long career of "I want to see more out of Reinhart" isn't it? Dude is the reason for one goal, scores another, and I'll bet was two way gaming all night...and what's the first thing you see in the main board thread about the game? "I want to see more out of Reinhart". If only he was twice as fast and half as productive. Then people would love his game.

ZeroPT*

It's going to be a long career of "I want to see more out of Reinhart" isn't it? Dude is the reason for one goal, scores another, and I'll bet was two way gaming all night...and what's the first thing you see in the main board thread about the game? "I want to see more out of Reinhart". If only he was twice as fast and half as productive. Then people would love his game.

Seriously. In the Russia game too. Just ignore everything else and ISO on him. You'll see how he never makes a mistake, stick in the right position always.

I remember in OT some Russian came streaking in off the bench and was spotted by his teammate who tried to feed him in the slot. Reinhart put his stick in the way and deflected it, Canada got a break out and had a chance.

But like I said. People are going to be all over Duke and Domi because they skate fast and shoot.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Perfectly put. :laugh:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

William Nylander, non factor at 5 vs 5. Gets a nothing assist on the PP and a penalty shot goal late = wow the kid is unreal!

reinhart reason for first goal, part of second goal, gets 5th goal. Plays 200ft and on top PP, doesn't make a mistake all game = he was ok

ZeroPT*

William Nylander, non factor at 5 vs 5. Gets a nothing assist on the PP and a penalty shot goal late = wow the kid is unreal!

reinhart reason for first goal, part of second goal, gets 5th goal. Plays 200ft and on top PP, doesn't make a mistake all game = he was ok

Yeah but dude did you see how fast and ineffective Nylander was??

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Yeah but dude did you see how fast and ineffective Nylander was??

If I could only identify a reason why some Canadian fans would be going overboard about...Nyland-, oh...

038782c6c58641b8a5f1a3105d211a08-038782c6c58641b8a5f1a31_20140627211209.jpg

(She's pretty.)

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If I could only identify a reason why some Canadian fans would be going overboard about...Nyland-, oh...

038782c6c58641b8a5f1a3105d211a08-038782c6c58641b8a5f1a31_20140627211209.jpg

(She's pretty.)

That kid is going to get a lucrative deal with L'Oreal. He's good though, so talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad