Injury Report: 2014/15 Hurricanes Injury Thread (was Jeff Skinner Concussion Thread)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
EDIT: Changing this from the Skinner Concussion Thread to a general injury thread.

Current Injuries:

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=45388

10/17 report:
NATHAN GERBE: LOWER (10/16); DAY-TO-DAY; DID NOT PRACTICE 10/17
JOHN-MICHAEL LILES: UPPER (10/14); DAY-TO-DAY; DID NOT PRACTICE 10/17
ANDREJ SEKERA: UPPER (10/11); DAY-TO-DAY; PRACTICED 10/17
PATRICK DWYER: LOWER(10/11); DAY-TO-DAY; DID NOT PRACTICE 10/17
ERIC STAAL: UPPER(10/11); DAY-TO-DAY; DID NOT PRACTICE 10/17
JEFF SKINNER CONCUSSION (10/5); DAY-TO-DAY; PRACTICED 10/17
JORDAN STAAL BROKEN FIBULA (9/23); 3-4 MONTHS

Last edited:

bluedevil58*

Oh great! WHat are the chances that he will be ready for opening night?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Somebody better **** up that guy that grabbed my wife's ass.

In all seriousness, I know concussion protocols are ever-changing, but he really needs to consider a very long term break, a la Crosby.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I got your back Rod. Got my folding chair ready and I'm climbing the ropes.

I'll be standing off to the side with the Undertaker's urn.

Paul%20Bearer.jpg

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
With the 1st overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from Erie of the Ontario Hockey League, Connor McDavid.

Seriously though, 3 concussions at 22 years old? Even if he "fully" recovers, the residual effects of that could be very debilitating.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
With the 1st overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from Erie of the Ontario Hockey League, Connor McDavid.

You should know a season like this isn't going to end up with getting the first overall. Nope, somehow we'll get screwed out of that too.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Hope the concussion isn't too serious. From what we were hearing earlier it sounded like Skinner was feeling ok after the game. At this point though he should really begin thinking about his long term health...

I bought two Canes jerseys towards the end of last year... Skinner and J. Staal... Now they are both out... Coincidence?

Last edited by a moderator:

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
I'm very concerned for him long term, I feel like he was right on the cusp of being an elite player in this league, and if he hadn't been concussed twice before, think he already would be. As is, this is tough to see and I don't know if he'll ever be the player we hoped he could be after his rookie year

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
No, this team will suck badly and be out of it by Christmas..then when the pressure is off, Jordan will return, Skinner will be back to health and Eric will suddenly turn it on enough to pick in the 5-8 range....but JR..I mean Francis will be so encouraged by how they looked at the end of the season that there won't be any changes.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

Yeah, I saw that earlier. I thought this section was pretty funny.

The fact is that Jeff Skinner is a Lamborghini, and the Canes are treating him like a used Honda Civic. They go way too long between oil changes. They drive over speed bumps that he doesn't have the clearance for messing up the under carriage. They strap car seats in the back and let the kids have sippy cups and rice puffs even though they know the kids will spill things and ruin the interior. You don't need J. Walter Weatherman to teach you that this is not the way to handle a Lamborghini.

You know what you should do if you treat an Lamborghini like that? You should sell it, use the money to buy yourself the used van that you need and take the rest and plan for the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad