2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part IX)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Except what's the point? They played Moose nine million games both because his backups were no-name rookies, and because they knew he was eventually going to get his 'rest' on the bench when Marty got back anyway. Marty doesn't have the luxury to make up for getting no time off later.

They still have to pace Marty since he's coming back off a long break and to get him ready for the playoffs, and they have a three in four coming up. Realistically Moose only gets max three starts out of fifteen anyway (the # of back-to-backs left).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Except what's the point? They played Moose nine million games both because his backups were no-name rookies, and because they knew he was eventually going to get his 'rest' on the bench when Marty got back anyway. Marty doesn't have the luxury to make up for getting no time off later.

They still have to pace Marty since he's coming back off a long break and to get him ready for the playoffs, and they have a three in four coming up. Realistically Moose only gets max three starts out of fifteen anyway (the # of back-to-backs left).

Marty just had a month off. he should be rested.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Marty will be fine going for both games of a back to back. I don't think DeBoer will be hesitant to use Moose if he thinks it's necessary though.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
But he won't use Kinkaid or Frazee when Moose gives up incredibly soft goals

When the defense plays as bad as it was in front of Moose in some of those games, I wouldn't be too inclined to throw a kid who is marginally at NHL caliber out there to get their confidence rocked either.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
How do you think this team breaks apart into little groups when they're given a break like this? I bet Kovy, Lokti, Poni, and maybe Volch are together in an overpriced night club. Elias, Zid, Clarkson, Salvador, Zajac, Moose, and Greene go somewhere and drink scotch. Carter, Bernier, Gio, D'Agostini, Larsson, Harrold, and Henrique are all playing video games before they go try and pick up chicks. Tallinder, Barch, and Sestito are all by themselves. Barch especially.

I think Carter, Gio and Harrold might be a little older than you think. :) Larsson and Pesonen are probably out taking selfies to post on their favstar accounts.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The really sad part about the last week of Moose (Before the Rangers game) is he was actually averaging less than 2 goals per game against. He was averaging less than 2 goals against per game, and we only won 2 out of those 4 games.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I remember when we drafted Larsson and some guy from his hometown came to our board and posted a scouting report.

They said Larsson's favorite hobby is "banging chicks", so I'm guessing that's how he spent his free time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The really sad part about the last week of Moose (Before the Rangers game) is he was actually averaging less than 2 goals per game against. He was averaging less than 2 goals against per game, and we only won 2 out of those 4 games.

If he didn't have one too many puck handling snafus against the Rangers maybe people remember his stint as he started out rough but hung in there and picked it up at the end. That one goal being our lasting impression revived the Moose sucks meme unfortunately.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If he didn't have one too many puck handling snafus against the Rangers maybe people remember his stint as he started out rough but hung in there and picked it up at the end. That one goal being our lasting impression revived the Moose sucks meme unfortunately.

Yeah that Rangers game he wasn't that great in. Made some huge saves, but let in a weak one which I think happened to be the game winner. After watching the puck handling mess up again I think it was more Harrold's fault in that game, but he gave up something bad later on. I still trust him as a backup, but it's when they were giving him a Marty Brodeur pre 2010 workload that got to me.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I remember when we drafted Larsson and some guy from his hometown came to our board and posted a scouting report.

They said Larsson's favorite hobby is "banging chicks", so I'm guessing that's how he spent his free time.

Everyone has to have a hobby. If the guy knows what he likes, I hope he pursues it to the fullest.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey

A lot of young, single athletes, not just hockey players, tend to get around and get a lot of young female attention. Their fame helps, especially if back home he's the "hometown hero". This scouting report guy was probably just jealous.

Given the Clarky-Marty bromance, they probably are going out on a double date at a fancy restaurant where they are talking to each other more than to their wives. Also, I believe Zajac's still single, he could be hanging around the younger guys trying to pick up girls at a bar or something.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
A lot of young, single athletes, not just hockey players, tend to get around and get a lot of young female attention. Their fame helps, especially if back home he's the "hometown hero". This scouting report guy was probably just jealous.

Given the Clarky-Marty bromance, they probably are going out on a double date at a fancy restaurant where they are talking to each other more than to their wives. Also, I believe Zajac's still single, he could be hanging around the younger guys trying to pick up girls at a bar or something.

Zajac's married and just had a kid

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

In his place, I think we all would do the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad