2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part IX)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I'm just putting this out there, but Zubrus returning won't fix this team's stability/productivity. The more I watch this current group I think we stay put roster wise and miss the playoffs or get bounced in the 1st (2nd if lucky) or we add somebody and change the route were on.

Ponikarovsky trade, check. Loktionov trade check. We are missing that one more addition now.

If we could get that addition I think we are dangeorus when healthy but without that guy (a winger) we don't have enough spunk.

Ideally:
Zubrus - Loktionov - Kovalchuk
Elias - Henrique - XXX
Ponikarovsky - Zajac - Bernier
Carter - Gionta - Clarkson
Kostopolous

(Clarkson has been brutal...in my opinion Bernier is better at the moment)

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I'm just putting this out there, but Zubrus returning won't fix this team's stability/productivity. The more I watch this current group I think we stay put roster wise and miss the playoffs or get bounced in the 1st (2nd if lucky) or we add somebody and change the route were on.

Ponikarovsky trade, check. Loktionov trade check. We are missing that one more addition now.

If we could get that addition I think we are dangeorus when healthy but without that guy (a winger) we don't have enough spunk.

Ideally:
Ponikarovsky - Loktionov - Kovalchuk
Bernier - Henrique - XXX
Elias - Zajac - Clarkson
Carter - Gionta - Kostopolous

unfortunately, i agree with you. looks like there are no trades to be made though.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said there's a chance Martin Brodeur could practice with the team tomorrow. "We'll see how he feels in the morning"

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
So let me get this straight --

We replaced our UFA $uper$tar with AHLers and other teams' castoffs.

Our remaining superstar can only score shorthanded, may or may not have lingering back problems and is so gassed he needs IV's during games.

Our older-than-dirt stay-at-home captain is playing like an older-than-dirt defenseman.

Our well-paid #1 center has turned into late-90's Bobby Carpenter.

Our older-than-dirt backup goalie is playing every day, back-to-backs, everything.

Our PMD costs us as many goals as he contributes to.

Our big, cycling winger is hurt.

Our knuckle-head "30-goal-scorer" doesn't score anymore.

No one can hit the broad side of a barn with their shots.

We have bottom-pairing defensemen coming out our ears, but no depth at forward.

We have one regulation win in the last 12 games.

Yet we're still (albeit tenously) in playoff position with 19 games to play? I guess it could be worse. :dunno:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Our remaining superstar can only score shorthanded, may or may not have lingering back problems and is so gassed he needs IV's during games.

Our older-than-dirt stay-at-home captain is playing like an older-than-dirt defenseman.

Our older-than-dirt backup goalie is playing every day, back-to-backs, everything.

Yet we're still (albeit tenously) in playoff position with 19 games to play? I guess it could be worse. :dunno:

yea i dont think there's any way were gonna play worse than we have especially bc we're gonna get zubie and marty back. i think we'll make the playoffs, but i dont think we get out of the 1st round. should pushed hard for semin...:shakehead

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Really wish the team would give Joe Whitney a NHL contract and try him out up here for a few games. Guy deserves it, has been Albany's best forward the last 3 years.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
cjn1meu.jpg

I didn`t know that Jamie had a secret child.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bobby Carpenter of the late 90s? That might be a better comparison than my John Madden of the late 00s. Why is he on the first line? How many games do we have to score just 1 goal until Loktionov gets back for Pete to get him off? I wonder are we just putting on out there cause he's getting paid like a number one center now? I'm not even complaining about the contract. I'm complaining about the way he's currently being used. He doesn't deserve to be on the 1st line. Faceoffs is the only thing he's been of use for and defensive play. Not good enough for first line center though right now. He's 9th or 10th on the team in points right now.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Bobby Carpenter of the late 90s? That might be a better comparison than my John Madden of the late 00s. Why is he on the first line? How many games do we have to score just 1 goal until Loktionov gets back for Pete to get him off? I wonder are we just putting on out there cause he's getting paid like a number one center now? I'm not even complaining about the contract. I'm complaining about the way he's currently being used. He doesn't deserve to be on the 1st line. Faceoffs is the only thing he's been of use for and defensive play. Not good enough for first line center though right now. He's 9th or 10th on the team in points right now.

he's behind zidlicky, carter, and gionta. :help:

faceoffs? he kept getting kicked out of them last night.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Bobby Carpenter of the late 90s? That might be a better comparison than my John Madden of the late 00s.

As opposed to the Carpenter of the early 80's. You know, the 50-goal scorer.

I really hope Zajac's problem is just some sort of mental funk and this isn't the guy we have to live with for the next several years with that contract. Please, snap out of it TZ! :help:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

I think this sums it up pretty well. If we can get off the floor and up on the board after Marty, Zubrus and a little confidence comes back (along with some stability in the roster), I think we have a good chance to turn this around and get back on track like the opening of the season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

he's behind zidlicky, carter, and gionta. :help:

faceoffs? he kept getting kicked out of them last night.

It's not that. Zajac needs to play with players that play his style, see Carter, Bernier, Clarkson, etc.

He isn't good with Kovalchuk and never was. He looked his best in between Carter and Bernier, and if you really think about it, their styles of play are very similar to Parise/Langenbrunner just not as good. The problem we have with Zajac is the problem we had/have with Kovalchuk, no one to play the way they like to play.

Zajac is forced to play third line to play with guys he'd fit with.

I was pissed that Henrique was on the third line and Zajac on the first line, because Zajac plays well with the players Henrique was playing with and vice versa.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Yes....

Which is why there is hope for optimism.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Yes....

Which is why there is hope for optimism.

Yes. Marty and Zubrus come back. Clarkson gets his head out of his ass. Zajac wakes up. That solves a few of issues right there. They somehow need another at least servicable winger (Sykora anyone?) so IK doesn't need to play a gazillion minutes and need IV's and such...

I'm not ready to throw the season in the crapper just yet.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hey guys forgive me for being out of the loop. I had to catch last two games on radio. Any word on Loki's injury? my heart thumped when i heard.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

DeBoer wouldn't even say if Loktionov's injury is upper or lower body, saying it's "around there."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad