2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part III)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
i would go bananas if we got getzlaf, but ive never been to high on perry for some reason, even when he was a god in london. Am I wrong in thinking bobby ryan still has to be a moving part in that situation as well, or has the dust settled with him?

he will eventually be a flyer

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gionta is a guy I would love to have back one day... but you just can't justify it on that contract. That's the only problem. At least, its definitely a problem in terms of acquiring him in any form during this year (if Montreal were to shop him). Say at some point during next season, if Montreal wanted to shop him, and was absorbing some of the salary, that's one thing. Especially on an expiring deal, its not bad at all. Just hard to pay him a full $5 mil when you know he's not quite the point producer we loved when he was here a few years back.

If we're not pressed against the cap the contract isn't too bad. And I definitely could justify it no questions asked if we took it on at the trade deadline in 2014 cause it ends after next season.

His point total went down a little bit, but he did score 28, and 29 goals his first two seasons there. He wasn't healthy last year, and only played 31 games, and was even in and out early in the season before being shelved for good.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Considering D'Agostini is 26, has played only one full season, and only averages .37 points per game I don't think we would have to give up much if he were available. Maybe a mid round pick.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Well MTL can take on some of the contract now soo

When you absorb some of the contract though, is that for every year of the deal, or just for the specific year in which you make the trade? My concern is paying him $5 mil next year... If they can take on some of that hit, then that's another story. Likely he's still getting more than he's worth on this team, but it wouldn't be as terrible. I just can't see Montreal trading him in season, even if they end up in the cellar. Off-season maybe, but still don't see it as likely.

If we're not pressed against the cap the contract isn't too bad. And I definitely could justify it no questions asked if we took it on at the trade deadline in 2014 cause it ends after next season.

His point total went down a little bit, but he did score 28, and 29 goals his first two seasons there. He wasn't healthy last year, and only played 31 games, and was even in and out early in the season before being shelved for good.

Next year in-season I would be totally up for it, assuming we have the cap space of course. The assists was the main thing that trailed off for him since he left NJ. I know that's obviously partly a product of his linemates, but still. It its to the point where its been a few years since he put up 50 points, so its reasonable to wonder how feasible that is as his ceiling in a given year.

Techno Devil*

he will eventually be a flyer

i feared that. allegedly he spent a great deal of the lockout time back home in south jersey for sandy relief (aka east, east, Philadelphia)

Keeping him bubble wrapped til the Blues are satisfied with Tallinder's play? :naughty:

due to crushed dreams of having our very own hollywood celebrity ice dancers, commence operation Oshie Firestorm Bravo

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Dags for a 3rd.

Tallinder for another Forward.

Realistically, who are we expecting for Tallinder?

D'agostini, Luke Adam, Clarke MacArthur, Mathieu Perreault are the types of forwards being offered via fan value. And I'm actually in agreement with that.

I don't see us getting more than that. Lou can work magic sometimes, but there's not a lot to work with.

due to crushed dreams of having our very own hollywood celebrity ice dancers, commence operation Oshie Firestorm Bravo

Oh god, if only :rolly:

apice3*

It's been a while since we fleeced Waddell. What's he doing nowadays?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe Tedenby can eventually be used for a trade too if he plays good, and gets some value up. The way Bergfors did his first season. And no I don't expect a Kovy either!

apice3*

I don't think we're in a position to be trading any forwards, unless we package a forward with a D-man and get two forwards in return.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
According to Ducks fans, he's a private person who doesn't like a lot of attention off the ice.

If he hits UFA this summer with no intention of staying in Anaheim, we might actually be an appealing location.

apice3*

hard to say yes to NJ when the bright lights of broadway are 5 minutes away brah

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
According to Ducks fans, he's a private person who doesn't like a lot of attention off the ice.

If he hits UFA this summer with no intention of staying in Anaheim, we might actually be an appealing location.

One of the reasons Niedermayer left was he wanted privacy away from the rink if you remember. He obviously wasn't getting enough in Jersey!:sarcasm:

Techno Devil*

It's been a while since we fleeced Waddell. What's he doing nowadays?

wiki says hes a scout for the penguins. or maybe he is just scouting penguins
135410-004-4CDD4102.jpg

Maybe Tedenby can eventually be used for a trade too if he plays good, and gets some value up. The way Bergfors did his first season. And no I don't expect a Kovy either!

bergfors didnt do all that much. he certainly produced and showed he was developing; however, I would happily argue that if teddy produced at a rate that could even be in the same conversation as bergy's a few years ago, they would see a lot more raw talent regarding skating and skill on top of the numbers.

teddy clearly has the ability, so much that the devils took him, and we dont often take guys purely on their skill.

Techno Devil*

One of the reasons Niedermayer left was he wanted privacy away from the rink if you remember. He obviously wasn't getting enough in Jersey!:sarcasm:

he lived across the street from my childhood best friend. most people that live in the town probably dont even know the street exists. it is on a mountain slope resting between an estate road and about a square mile of un-landscaped park before you hit the next generally unpaved road that the kids at my school called "general lee drive" because we would have fly down it while attempting to keep more than 2 wheels on the ground when we were late for the first bell.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Realistically, who are we expecting for Tallinder?

D'agostini, Luke Adam, Clarke MacArthur, Mathieu Perreault are the types of forwards being offered via fan value. And I'm actually in agreement with that.

I don't see us getting more than that. Lou can work magic sometimes, but there's not a lot to work with.

Well so far this year D'agostini was a healthy scratch, Adam is still in the AHL, MacArthur is on the 2nd line, and Perreault played 4 mins. So what are you expecting for Tallinder because you are all over the place with that list.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
he lived across the street from my childhood best friend. most people that live in the town probably dont even know the street exists. it is on a mountain slope resting between an estate road and about a square mile of un-landscaped park before you hit the next generally unpaved road that the kids at my school called "general lee drive" because we would have fly down it while attempting to keep more than 2 wheels on the ground when we were late for the first bell.
In Jersey this is? Or California?

And apparently Brian Burke claimed when he talked to Scott he asked Brian for a few things. One was to play with his brother, another was a western conference team, and another was privacy away from the rink. I don't think that necessarily meant he was not getting privacy in Jersey. Just that he wanted to keep privacy when he played out there.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Well so far this year D'agostini was a healthy scratch, Adam is still in the AHL, MacArthur is on the 2nd line, and Perreault played 4 mins. So what are you expecting for Tallinder because you are all over the place with that list.

If this were more than 1 - 2 games into the season, that all might be relevant.
But we've barely started and teams are still configuring their rosters.

The target, for me, always has been 2nd/3rd line tweeners.
Particularly those that are becoming expendable due to younger talent ready to push them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad