2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part III)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'd rather keep Tedenby with Patty and Henrique. Elias can look after the kids. Keep Zubrus with Zajac and Kovy. If Matteau sticks, put him with Yayo and Clarkson on the third line, if he doesn't, Butler takes the spot instead. Roll CBGB as the fourth line and we're golden.

So that's:

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Tedenby-Elias-Henrique
Matteau/Butler-Josefson-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

I'm comfortable with that until Lou makes a trade.

If Tedenby and Matteau can stick and Henrique can play at the same level as last season, I don't think we'll even want a trade. That's a lot of ifs though, and I know Lou's always looking for players to improve.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
What evidence do you have the Sykora doesn't have enough left? He scored 21 goals here last year... including a few important playoff goals.

Gomez has been "pretty close to signing with the sharks" for a few days now. It must not be close enough if it's not done and he's missing games.

Considering Gomez has been skating with the Sharks I think it's a safe bet he'll be signing there. Also if Lou had any interest in Sykora he would have at least brought him to camp.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If Tedenby and Matteau can stick and Henrique can play at the same level as last season, I don't think we'll even want a trade. That's a lot of ifs though, and I know Lou's always looking for players to improve.

Unless you want Larsson to be sent down, NJD must trade one of their NHL defence-man to make some room.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Just given the logjam at D, I tend to think a trade is inevitable.

But maybe it could be for prospect types, and not a big winger.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What evidence do you have the Sykora doesn't have enough left? He scored 21 goals here last year... including a few important playoff goals.

Gomez has been "pretty close to signing with the sharks" for a few days now. It must not be close enough if it's not done and he's missing games.

A 'few' big goals? He scored two, to be exact...one in the Game 1 loss to Philly and another in the Game 4 win. He had five points in 18 postseason games. And if he were so sought after, why hasn't anyone else even given him a call?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Considering Gomez has been skating with the Sharks I think it's a safe bet he'll be signing there. Also if Lou had any interest in Sykora he would have at least brought him to camp.

Stralman skated here to start the season last year... ended up not signing here. Darche is practicing with the team without a contract with no guarantees.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
A 'few' big goals? He scored two, to be exact...one in the Game 1 loss to Philly and another in the Game 4 win. He had five points in 18 postseason games. And if he were so sought after, why hasn't anyone else even given him a call?

There were a couple quotes about him only wanting to play in NJ. We can't assume nobody's called him just because he's not signed.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
With Henrique probably out for at least the rest of month and how bare out forward corps already is, unless Tedenby or even Bernier somehow play to their potential we need at least another top 6-9 veteran to step in to really compete with playoff teams. I wouldn't mind giving Sykora or even Gomez a contract. I remember Gomez played well on wing when he was younger. Maybe he could do so again.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ

I just wonder if he had something going with another team and it fell through. Wasn't it reported right before the lockout was over that he would definitely sign with an NHL team and "more to come" ... Oh well. I'm just looking for ways to get our fourth line back to being our fourth line and to get Janssen out of the lineup.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I just wonder if he had something going with another team and it fell through. Wasn't it reported right before the lockout was over that he would definitely sign with an NHL team and "more to come"

And you're going to believe anything Allan Walsh says? The guy's the biggest carnival barker out there.

Franzen is 33 and signed through 2020.

Wow, I forgot his contract was that long :laugh:

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Franzen is 33 and signed through 2020.

I believe he signed with the intention of being a Red Wing for life, and Red Wings management has always rewarded loyalty so I doubt he would be on the market. I think the Wings would be a good fit for either Tallinder or Volchenkov but they probably would be looking to give up offensive prospects or picks.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Detroit has a lot of pretty good forward prospects that we could probably get for a defenseman (or two even?). Frk, Sheahan (who is a great player with possible low value thanks to being SUPER DRUNK in a teletubbies costume...and driving), Andersson, Tatar, all sorts of players.

They also have Mrazek who we could really use if Lou would pay enough.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Detroit has a lot of pretty good forward prospects that we could probably get for a defenseman (or two even?). Frk, Sheahan (who is a great player with possible low value thanks to being SUPER DRUNK in a teletubbies costume...and driving), Andersson, Tatar, all sorts of players.

They also have Mrazek who we could really use if Lou would pay enough.

If we could fill our offensive holes elsewhere I would certainly look at trading one of Volchenkov or Tallinder for someone like Frk or Sheahan or if possible Tartar or Jarnkrok. Could really solidify our forward depth going forward with Henrique, Tedenby, Josefson, Stefan, Boucher, and one of those guys.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Volch for Franzen makes me tingly in my pants. Slot in the swedes(Franzen and Larsson) bada bing bada boom we have a great team. If only...

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

My eyes. He started running out of gas at the end of last season, and was scratched during the playoffs. Lou clearly doesn't think he has what it takes.

We still have our defensive surplus. It would be irresponsible for Lou to not look for a trade to improve the team in that situation.

OOOOIIIO

Binary
Jul 25, 2010
Nashua, NH
Was just watching the football game on Fox when all of a sudden....

Somebody left the gate open....

Oh how I hope they bring that comercial back on a regular basis to television. Return the MSG Devils anthem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad