20 consecutive starts for Braden Holtby, he´s now 22-8-7, 92,4%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Braden Holtby is playing absolutely unreal hockey and he deserves tons of a credit. He´s making all of the saves now and it seems like nothing is going in against him. Even open nets, goalposts etc, but that kind of luck belongs to every great goalie.

Anyway, the question is if the Capitals aren´t overplaying him ?! This is gonna be very difficult to sustain and might hurt the Caps in the longrun... That said, these points in a tight Metro race look like they´re worth it.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think the signs of being overplayed...will show up in his play. It would be wise to give him a few nights off as playoffs approach but right now ride the hot hand.

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
He is getting a whole week off for the all star break. He is really impressive, never seems to let the easy one in

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
I think the guy thrives under pressure, honestly. I hope the Caps do their best to resign him next season. I don't want to lose him.

LexSea

Queen of the Couch
Mar 31, 2014
Despite the fact that he just shut us out, I can't help but like the guy. Good to see he's doing well.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
@muneebalamcu: Fleury: 34 starts, 22-7-4, 2.16, .926
Holtby: 37 starts, 22-8-7, 2.17, .924
One is a midseason Vezina finalist, other off the radar entirely

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
He was always a very good goaltender. Couldn't believe it when some Caps fans wanted to get rid of him last season.

I think for the most part that was before the stuff about how stupid Oates was came out. After that it was fairly obvious Holtby was a victim of a HC who arrogantly thought he knew more about goaltending than the G coach.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
@muneebalamcu: Fleury: 34 starts, 22-7-4, 2.16, .926
Holtby: 37 starts, 22-8-7, 2.17, .924
One is a midseason Vezina finalist, other off the radar entirely
This shouldn´t be a case against MAF, though. His appreciation is fully justified, he´s been phenomenal so far. Holtby deserves more credit, no doubt about that. I´m a Pens fan (don´t like WSH obviously) but Holtby deserves some recognition, that´s why I created this thread. You know that you are good when haters are creating the positive threads..

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
This shouldn´t be a case against MAF, though. His appreciation is fully justified, he´s been phenomenal so far. Holtby deserves more credit, no doubt about that. I´m a Pens fan (don´t like WSH obviously) but Holtby deserves some recognition, that´s why I created this thread. You know that you are good when haters are creating the positive threads..

Oh no, not a knock against fleury at all, just saying Holtby and the Caps get no attention at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad