Proposal: 2 Proposal's PHI-TBL & OTT-PHI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
This thread has 2 different trade proposal's in it. I don't usually make proposal's but it's the middle of August and their isn't anything else better to do right now. so.....

The 1st trade proposal is between Philadelphia and Tampa Bay

To Philadelphia: G Ben Bishop and a 6th round pick in 2018.

To Tampa Bay: G Michel Neuvirth, LW Samuel Dove-McFalls, RD Reese Wilcox, a 2nd round pick in 2017 and a (conditional 2nd round pick in 2018 or 3rd round pick 2018).

Also Ben Bishop would have to sign a new contract with the Flyers in order for the trade to be finalized.

Condition: (If Neuvirth does not re-sign with Tampa Bay or is claimed in the expansion draft, Tampa Bay keeps the 2nd round pick in 2018.
If Neuvirth does resign in Tampa Bay or isn't claimed in the expansion draft the pick reverts to a 3rd round pick in 2018).

2nd trade proposal is between Ottawa and Philadelphia

To Ottawa: G Steve Mason, LD Nick Schultz,< (PHI retains $562,500) LW Chris VandeVelde and a 4th round pick in 2017.

To Philadelphia: G Craig Anderson, LW Nicholas Paul, and a 1st round pick in 2018.

Also Steve Mason would have to sign a new contract with the Senators in order for the trade to be finalized.

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
This thread has 2 different trade proposal's in it. I don't usually make proposal's but it's the middle of August and their isn't anything else better to do right now. so.....

The 1st trade proposal is between Philadelphia and Tampa Bay

To Philadelphia: G Ben Bishop and a 6th round pick in 2018.

To Tampa Bay: G Michel Neuvirth, LW Samuel Dove-McFalls, RD Reese Wilcox, a 2nd round pick in 2017 and a (conditional 2nd round pick in 2018 or 3rd round pick 2018).

Also Ben Bishop would have to sign a new contract with the Flyers in order for the trade to be finalized.

Condition: (If Neuvirth does not re-sign with Tampa Bay or is claimed in the expansion draft, Tampa Bay keeps the 2nd round pick in 2018.
If Neuvirth does resign in Tampa Bay or isn't claimed in the expansion draft the pick reverts to a 3rd round pick in 2018).

2nd trade proposal is between Ottawa and Philadelphia

To Ottawa: G Steve Mason, LD Nick Schultz,< (PHI retains $562,500) LW Chris VandeVelde and a 4th round pick in 2017.

To Philadelphia: G Craig Anderson, LW Nicholas Paul, and a 1st round pick in 2018.

Also Steve Mason would have to sign a new contract with the Senators in order for the trade to be finalized.

I wont speak for the Tampa trade but there is no way Ottawa does that. Mason isnt enough of an upgrade, if hes an upgrade at all, to give up a first rounder.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'd say the value is tilted towards the Flyers in both deals, however neither deals really make sense for Philly either. Our goaltending situation is the best it has been in years and we have a pretty stocked pipeline. The Flyers should be searching for secondary scoring and maybe a solid defenseman that will help ease the transition on the Flyer D prospects.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I'd say the value is tilted towards the Flyers in both deals, however neither deals really make sense for Philly either. Our goaltending situation is the best it has been in years and we have a pretty stocked pipeline. The Flyers should be searching for secondary scoring and maybe a solid defenseman that will help ease the transition on the Flyer D prospects.

I wasn't purposely trying to make the proposals one sided for the Flyers even though I am a fan of that team.

I was trying to give Tampa and Ottawa some value too especially in the Tampa deal, because I believe it would take a lot to get Bishop out of Tampa Bay.

The Reason I took Anderson back in the PHI-OTT deal was I felt like too much salary was going to Ottawa, so that's the reason I put Anderson in the deal to PHI.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Wow that Bishop one is terrible value. If that's the price, Isles would easily top it

Greiss + Mayfield + Prince + 2nd (+ conditional picks) would be a better offer, and that's pretty terrible

I'd imagine the Isles would be willing to at least do something like Greiss + MDC for Bishop (with an extension negotiated)

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
I wasn't purposely trying to make the proposals one sided for the Flyers even though I am a fan of that team.

I was trying to give Tampa and Ottawa some value too especially in the Tampa deal, because I believe it would take a lot to get Bishop out of Tampa Bay.

Backup goalie
C prospect
C prospect
2nd

Nothing there is of much value

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

The Reason I took Anderson back in the PHI-OTT deal was I felt like too much salary was going to Ottawa, so that's the reason I put Anderson in the deal to PHI.

Andersons not just a cap dump.

Anderson is arguably a better goalie then Mason. Schultz is a cap dump. Vandevelde is a dime a dozen guy. Plus we give up a top prospect and a first.

Its a laughable proposal for ottawa

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Bishop is not just a cap dump. He's one of the best goalies in the league. Just because Tampa can afford him, doesn't mean he's worth pennies

hobbsie93

Feb 29, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
For the Tampa proposal I won't comment but for the Ottawa proposal it's a big fat NO. There's no reason for Ottawa to do this. Mason isn't much better than Anderson if he's even better at all and even if he is he's not worth Paul and a 1st. Good try but Ottawa declines

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I'm disappointed when I don't see any Flyers proposals on the first page, and disappointed when I do see them. I hate the offseason.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Wow... so Ottawa trades the better (or at least equal) goalie, a very good prospect, AND a 1st round pick to get 2 cap dumps and a 4th round pick. Do you think the Sens are a charity or something similarly ridiculous? Terribleawfulhorrible for Ottawa.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O

If you feel there is too much salary coming to Ottawa, take Schultz out. Anderson is our starting goalie, better than the goalie you are trading back to us, and on a good contract. If you take out Schultz, its a little less terrible, in the same way that 99 cents is a little less than a dollar. Still brutally lopsided for Philly though. And you aren't even taking Ottawa out to dinner first. Terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad