Proposal: 2 More Flames Trades

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
1. To CGY:
Joonas Korpisalo
2024 1st (BOS) - 25th

To OTT:
Dan Vladar
2024 4th (CGY) - 106th

Ottawa clears Korpisalo’s long-term contract for a late first and gets a decent backup in return.

2. To CGY:
Jeff Skinner
Noah Ostlund
2024 2nd (BUF) - 43rd

To BUF:
Andrew Mangiapane (50% retained)

Buffalo clears over 20+ mil in cap and adds a middle-6 winger. Roughly breaks down to Mang with retention for a 2nd, Ostlund (around the value of a mid-first) to dump Skinner’s 20+ mil.

Calgary takes on some bigger cap dumps and gets some solid picks and young players in return

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Buffalo has no reason whatsoever to pay to get rid of Skinner's contract, let alone pay a premium asset, when we can just buy him out (and likely will).

Not to mention, as has been said a billion times the last few weeks on here, there's next to no chance he's waiving his NMC, especially out west.

• Haha
Reactions: SnipeNCelly

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
That’s not enough for me to take Korpisalos contract. That Skinner deal I do like Ostlund but I don’t think it’s likely. And taking 3 years at 9 is very risky and it does block the youth movement. I do like the idea of using cap space to get assets. But I’d try to stick to the 1 and 2 year deals because it does take opportunities away from the guys we’re trying to develop. I’d probably try and target a goalie as a cap dump. But not that long of a contract. Capspace does dry up pretty quick. So be smart about it. I’m more thinking of Cal Peterson, Grubauer, Nate Schmidt, Cam Atkinson, Ristolainen type contracts. The longer the term the higher the price of course.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Buffalo has no reason whatsoever to pay to get rid of Skinner's contract, let alone pay a premium asset, when we can just buy him out (and likely will).

Not to mention, as has been said a billion times the last few weeks on here, there's next to no chance he's waiving his NMC, especially out west.
Fair about the NMC, but the reason to pay a premium asset is to save ~19 mil in cap that you would incur from a Skinner buyout. Teams have payed a mid-first to dump much less. I was under the impression that your management hinted at wanting to open up cap space to make some roster improvements, and this way you can keep your first and get a decent winger back.

If you aren’t worried about the cap then fair, but imo this added cap flexibility could be a huge benefit long-term.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm Buffalo Ostlund isn't available. I'm trading one of the wingers, maybe even 2 of them, but not Ostlund. He's the guy I'd be targeting as a Flames fan though. Centers are hard to come by and I think he'll play there unlike Savoie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad