#2: Hemsky - Gagner - Nail

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Hemsky has looked fantastic, and has never been a defensive stalwart. Yes he has always had problems with puck possession, but that's the risk with him. Maybe throw Hartikainen or Paajarvi up there, and reunite the Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky line after 10 games if the line is still struggling defensively. But saying Tambo has failed if he hasn't moved an asset is a bit of an overreaction. Ales is a good asset to keep, and not just trade for magic beans.

tumblr_m855hotqhM1rnrb0u.gif

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I actually find the damage done by Gagner is generally less than Hemsky. Sure, plays die now and then but that's bound to happen with anyone. Hemsky just ****s up plays and kills all momentum. Case in point - Powerplay.

If Tambo can trade Hemsky + Whitney for a power forward or solid top 4 D [or a 2line C] at TDD, then kudos to him.

That's my hope as well.

BadMedicine*

This line is developing some chemistry and last game they tried to highlight Yakupov,if they continue to do that Yakupov will scoe as many times as they put him in a position to as he is the clrealy best finisher on the line shot wise,just keep feeding the monster and it will grow.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
This line is developing some chemistry and last game they tried to highlight Yakupov,if they continue to do that Yakupov will scoe as many times as they put him in a position to as he is the clrealy best finisher on the line shot wise,just keep feeding the monster and it will grow.

Yakupov had about three wicket one timers last game..fanned on one, goalie save by another..missed the net on the third..once the nerves wear off I bet he nails the puck into the back of the net more often than missing the net.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Yakupov had about three wicket one timers last game..fanned on one, goalie save by another..missed the net on the third..once the nerves wear off I bet he nails the puck into the back of the net more often than missing the net.

What's funny is that it's Gagner feed Yakupov the pass, never Hemsky.

You would think Hemsky being the "better player" compared to Gagner that he'd have the confidence to do it with more frequency

BadMedicine*

This is exactly why I thik we need to put Hemmer on the 3rd line with his old buddys and put MPS on the 2nd line ,because Hemmer is a passer but a puck hog,MPS is a passer and not a puck hog,a puck hog destroys the 2nd lines ability to catalyse offense with their speed and creativness,they arent exactly giants for this reason,Hemmer is the 2nd lines Achilles heel and Krueger is hooked on Hemmers stats and speed and he thinks he can force a square peg into a round hole like every coach before him failed to do,big mistake in my opinion because hemmer looks horrible out there trying to be a playmaker for Yakupov.This is the first decision I have seen Ralph Krueger stick with beyond a reasonable point of awareness,and this is hurting the team,the insistance on using the dumpin tactic is number two.

Remember they havent exactly been trying to set yakupov up for the shot much,because hemmer is a puck eater,we need MPS out there threatening the defensemen with his speed and size and making room for Gagner to feed yakupov all night long.

As long as we see hemmer on the 2nd line we will not see what yakupov has to offer,hemmer will just teach Yakupov to see the NHL game from his weird perspective if we leave them together long enough,he will screw up Yakupovs timeing on and off of NHL rushes ,Yakupov needs to follow Gagners lead and as long as Hemmer dominates that line it is never going to function at its 100% capabilitys.

I fear some decisions we are seeing already are influenced by trades we will soon see happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
This is exactly why I thik we need to put Hemmer on the 3rd line with his old buddys and put MPS on the 2nd line ,because Hemmer is a passer but a puck hog,MPS is a passer and not a puck hog,a puck hog destroys the 2nd lines ability to catalyse offense with their speed and creativness,they arent exactly giants for this reason,Hemmer is the 2nd lines Achilles heel and Krueger is hooked on Hemmers stats and speed and he thinks he can force a square peg into a round hole like every coach before him failed to do,big mistake in my opinion because hemmer looks horrible out there trying to be a playmaker for Yakupov.This is the first decision I have seen Ralph Krueger stick with beyond a reasonable point of awareness,and this is hurting the team,the insistance on using the dumpin tactic is number two.

Remember they havent exactly been trying to set yakupov up for the shot much,because hemmer is a puck eater,we need MPS out there threatening the defensemen with his speed and size and making room for Gagner to feed yakupov all night long.

As long as we see hemmer on the 2nd line we will not see what yakupov has to offer,hemmer will just teach Yakupov to see the NHL game from his weird perspective if we leave them together long enough,he will screw up Yakupovs timeing on and off of NHL rushes ,Yakupov needs to follow Gagners lead and as long as Hemmer dominates that line it is never going to function at its 100% capabilitys.

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Can we give them more then 2 games please?

I thought they've been fine and the suggestion that MPS would be a better fit is laughable and I'm a big MPS fan.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
I would like to see gags and horc switch spots for a game and see if that balances things out a bit.
4-93-14
64-10-83
94-89-91

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
After last nights game I thought they where ok 5on5 but there was so little 5 on 5 in that game its hard to tell. Lets see how many points they get against cgy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad