GDT: 2/23 tbl @ car

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Coming in peace.

@OP: Malone is on IR with a lower body injury and Garon is expected to start in net.

Here's to a good game!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
They outta take Larose out of the lineup and keep Nodl in. When's the last time char did something useful?

Other than the game tying goal against Ottawa a couple games ago? Or the offensive chance against Winnipeg that hit the post?

Last year:
"Take LaRose off the 1st line and put him on the 3rd/4th where he belongs!"

This year:
"Take LaRose off the 3rd/4th and scratch him like he deserves!"

Love it. Some people will see what they want to see, I suppose...

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Other than the game tying goal against Ottawa a couple games ago? Or the offensive chance against Winnipeg that hit the post?

Last year:
"Take LaRose off the 1st line and put him on the 3rd/4th where he belongs!"

This year:
"Take LaRose off the 3rd/4th and scratch him like he deserves!"

Love it. Some people will see what they want to see, I suppose...
So, one of the two notable things LaRose has done this season is an offensive chance he did not score on...

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
I always note that no matter how little or how much he does performance-wise LaRose irritates the same obsessed people year after year. Since I noted it, that makes it notable. So there's 3 things.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So, one of the two notable things LaRose has done this season is an offensive chance he did not score on...

Just an example in that he creates offensive chances that don't always get noticed.

Which is frankly more than can be said about Jokinen and Bowman. But they're not the designated whipping boy, so they get a pass for their poor play.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Just an example in that he creates offensive chances that don't always get noticed.

Which is frankly more than can be said about Jokinen and Bowman. But they're not the designated whipping boy, so they get a pass for their poor play.

Agreed. Although people criticize Bowman and Jseless, I don't hear talk of them being scratched.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Just face facts, Chad sucks and Muller only plays him because the tweaking rednecks at ESARBCPNC would riot if he didn't

fixed

A meth-fueled, Char-got-scratched LaRiot of 2013 in Raleigh would earn its place in hockey lore alongside the Montreal Cup Win Riot of '93 and Vancouver Cup Loss Riot of '11. I fail to see why something so historical would be a bad thing, so I'm sure there must be other reasons Muller plays him.

Last edited:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Hey guys does anyone know if there I anything going on down by the arena prior to the game? And what time the festivities begin down there today? Also what time do the doors open?

Thanks!

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys does anyone know if there I anything going on down by the arena prior to the game? And what time the festivities begin down there today? Also what time do the doors open?

Thanks!

Doors open at 6 sharp.

I'll be at the game, and if it weren't raining and miserable here today I'd also be tailgating. Wait, let me rephrase -- if standing in the rain and enjoying some beer and BBQ was my wife's cup of tea, I'd probably be tailgating.

Because of the weather we'll be having dinner at Bella Monica on Edwards Mill. I'd recommend it, but you'd want to call them first. Game nights are a tough seating.

I'd also recommend stopping by the Backyard Bistro on Hurricane Alley Way (right near the arena) if pub food and some beers are on your agenda. You can't beat the close proximity to the game, even though I'm not a HUGE fan of their food. It's decent, but not out of this world.

Another "not bad" spot that's fairly close would be Rudino's on Edwards Mill, or Edwards Mill Bar & Grill. Both have mid-range food and cold beer. Even better, they're all in the same shopping center (along with Bella Monica).

Wish you had better weather for a Saturday game, because if it were remotely nice today I'm sure there'd be plenty of good stuff happening in the PNC lots.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Doors open at 6 sharp.

I'll be at the game, and if it weren't raining and miserable here today I'd also be tailgating. Wait, let me rephrase -- if standing in the rain and enjoying some beer and BBQ was my wife's cup of tea, I'd probably be tailgating.

Because of the weather we'll be having dinner at Bella Monica on Edwards Mill. I'd recommend it, but you'd want to call them first. Game nights are a tough seating.

I'd also recommend stopping by the Backyard Bistro on Hurricane Alley Way (right near the arena) if pub food and some beers are on your agenda. You can't beat the close proximity to the game, even though I'm not a HUGE fan of their food. It's decent, but not out of this world.

Another "not bad" spot that's fairly close would be Rudino's on Edwards Mill, or Edwards Mill Bar & Grill. Both have mid-range food and cold beer. Even better, they're all in the same shopping center (along with Bella Monica).

Wish you had better weather for a Saturday game, because if it were remotely nice today I'm sure there'd be plenty of good stuff happening in the PNC lots.

Great info! Thanks!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Not sure which jersey to wear tonite. Had a decent streak going with the Ward one, but we lost vs. WPG the other day. 1-0 with Dwight Helminen, 0-1 with the Samus jersey. That leaves Keith Primeau, Tim Gleason, Jokinen and Babchuk.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Wearing my Skinner alternate after my Semin home failed to get the job done Thursday.

I WILL however, wear my Semin jersey for the game in Washington, which I will be attending. That will hopefully lend itself to some excellent trolling opportunities.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
I'd be interested in seeing 'zone time' stats on the Canes for the last few games, if that number exists.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Not sure which jersey to wear tonite. Had a decent streak going with the Ward one, but we lost vs. WPG the other day. 1-0 with Dwight Helminen, 0-1 with the Samus jersey. That leaves Keith Primeau, Tim Gleason, Jokinen and Babchuk.

No matter what the outcome of the game, you will always lose when you wear a Keith Primeau jersey.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Since tonight is a game to claim the division and it's against Tampa, this is a guarantee lose. Seems everytime we have a game where we can do something, we play Tampa and they end up ruining our night.

I hope Ellis is ready to face 50+ shots tonight cause Stamkos, Vinny, and thatvlittle guy are going to make this defense look like swiss cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad