Horse Racing: $1 million Pennsylvania Derby highlights Parx (PA) card -- Saturday, 1st post 11:35 am ET; Hoosier Park (IN) -- TV: FS1 Friday, 8:00 pm-11:00 pm ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Bob Baffert is debuting a $900,000 Nyquist filly named Cavalieri in today's 6th race at Del Mar. Owned by Speedway who had Roadster with Baffert roughly five years ago.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
Bob Baffert is debuting a $900,000 Nyquist filly named Cavalieri in today's 6th race at Del Mar. Owned by Speedway who had Roadster with Baffert roughly five years ago.
this just led me to this:

nyquist was trained by doug o'neill. i wonder how many horses sired by nyquist were trained by o'neill? also would be interesting to know what the records of nyquist horses under all big time trainers? i ownder if there is some sort of database that keeps track of such info.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

nyquist was trained by doug o'neill. i wonder how many horses sired by nyquist were trained by o'neill? also would be interesting to know what the records of nyquist horses under all big time trainers? i ownder if there is some sort of database that keeps track of such info.
I can check but my experience is that ownerships can be convoluted due to partnerships.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Monmouth Park is undergoing a lease transfer that will be extended 85 years with the state of New Jersey. Some development will begin in 2025 for a sports betting parlor and a hotel to start and even a multi-room rental property.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

It isn't a quick solution, but it is a start. Go to Pedigree Query and enter a name (Nyquist) then select in the box an option (progeny) and a list can be manipulated by something such as purse money. Then click on that horse's name.

Then I went to Equibase's search box and entered names. Nysos is a Nyquist horse that Baffert trained but I didn't see another of a dozen (approx.) I searched.

Of the names I saw, O'Neill and D'Amato seem to be the most mentioned for trainers.

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Thursday, August 29, 2024

Saratoga (New York):
  • Handle: $15 million.
  • Card: 11 races.
  • Chad Brown on turf in New York is probably his strongest category and today he won four times. An incredible success, the future Hall of Famer almost always has to be considered in this setting.
  • Seth Klarman's Klaravich Stables, perhaps the best ownership tandem on the East coast with Chad Brown as conditioner, was 4 3-0-0. He is 8 5-0-1 the past two racing days.
  • Dylan Davis became the fourth jockey at the meet to reach 30 wins.
  • Race 11: The $1 Pick 6 paid over $59,000.
  • Race 10: Zulu Kingdom (Flavien Prat/Chad Brown) won the $175,000 Grade 3 With Anticipation Stakes. The winner came out of a race in Europe and today defeated Tenacious Leader (Irad Ortiz, Jr./Todd Pletcher) by a neck in a battle of heavyweights. Prat has to be considered the leader for North America Jockey of the Year.
  • Leading Jockey: Irad Ortiz, Jr with Flavien Prat just four victories behind.
  • Leading Trainer: Chad Brown in a romp.
Kentucky Downs (Kentucky):
  • Opening Day: The annual meet runs Aug. 29, 31 and Sept. 1, 5, 7, 8 and 11.
  • Handle: Exceeded $9 million.
  • Card: 11 races of which 10 held purses $100,000 or more.
  • Favorites: Failed to win eight times.
  • Jose Ortiz rode three winners.
  • Gerardo Corrales rode two winners on board just three mounts.
  • Cold Starts: Luis Saez and Joel Rosario among riders and trainer Mark Casse.
  • Race 10: Irish Aces (Tyler Gaffalione/Brendan Walsh) won the $500,000 Big Ass Fans Tapit Stakes by a head.

1724984987462.png
Del Mar (California):
  • Handle: Roughly $9 million.
  • Race 6: Cavalieri (Juan Hernandez/Bob Baffert) was the lone first-time starter and won the $75,000 MSW in a gate-to-wire 2-length win. Cavalieri cost $900,000.

Last edited:
  • Love

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Windsor Friday meet 3 pm post; (Blue Hill also operating today, but they don't have racing during their meet);

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Friday, August 30, 2024

Saratoga (New York):
  • Race 6: West Hollywood (Flavien Prat/Brad Cox) won the Grade 3 $175,000 Saranac Stakes. The win was the 16th stakes victory for Prat which established a new record for a meet at Saratoga. Unfortunately, the race was marred by the meet's first fatality when The Big Torpedo (Eric Cancel/Tom Morley) suffered a catastrophic injury while on the lead in the stretch. Cancel was uninjured. Take Me To Church (Javier Castellano/Brad Cox) suffered a minor injury after a fall along the rail to the inside of the stricken leader. Castellano's availability for tomorrow's card (Saturday) is not yet known but he was released from a local hospital with a minor injury.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
bobby frankel and jerry bailey from back then. today it's chad brown (frankel disciple) and prat. simply the best with the best.

prat right now is the best rider in the country today. one of the best riders i've ever seen since i started following the sport since the early 90's.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Chad Brown on turf in New York. A 31-to-1 winner in a Grade 2. His other horse finished third at 2-to-1 but as mentioned often and as recently as two days ago, almost always has to be used.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Saturday, August 31, 2024
  • Challenge Series: Four Breeders' Cup "Win and You're In" races in North America.
Saratoga (New York):
  • Handle: $27.8 million.
  • Race 10: Brightwork (Luis Saez/John Ortiz) won the Grade 3 $200,000 Prioress Stakes. Ortiz, a Kentucky guy who in his upper 30s and with a license for less than 10 years, is 11 6-1-1 (55%) at the meet.
  • Race 11: Immersive (Manny Franco/Brad Cox) won the $300,000 Grade I Spinaway Stakes at 12-to-1.
  • Race 12: Idea Generation (Florent Geroux/Chad Brown) beat his stablemate McKulick and other challengers to win the Grade 2 $500,000 Flower Bowl in gate-tow-re style at 31-to-1, the longest shot offered. With all three favorites beaten, the $1 Pick 3 in successive graded stakes paid over $2,600. This is a Breeders' Cup "Win and You're In" race.
  • Chad Brown won three times.
  • Jockeys and Trainers: Irad Ortiz, Jr. and Chad Brown are close to winning their respective categories, respectively, as the meet approaches it final two days.
  • Hot Trainers Won Again: Albert Stall (42%) and John Ortiz (55%) have smaller barns than some but have been attractive propositions. Phil Bauer, at 38%, didn't win today but is in a similar spot.
  • Seth Klarman's Klaravich Stables won twice and upped his group's total to eight wins with the past 15 horses sent out. His horses run under trainer Chad Brown nearly every time.
Kentucky Downs (Kentucky):
  • Handle: $17.8 million.
  • Race 8: Bellum Justum (Frankie Dettori/Andrew Balding) won the Grade 3 $3.1 million Nashville Derby. The Irish-bred tried the States for the first time after eight starts in Europe.
  • Race 9: Ag Bullet (Umberto Rispoli/Richard Baltas) won the Grade 2 $1.5 million Ladies' Turf Sprint Stakes. He has followed a pattern of a loss followed by two wins three times. Today, he set a course record for 6 1/2 furlongs.
  • Race 10: Walkathon (Brian Hernandez, Jr./Ian Wilkes) won the Grade 3 $1.5 million Ladies' Turf Stakes.
  • Frankie Dettori rode three winners. He failed to hit the board with his other six mounts.
  • Leading Jockey: Jose Ortiz with four wins.
  • Leading Trainer: Joe Sharp with four wins.
  • John Velazquez is now 2-for-52 lifetime at this track.
Del Mar (California):
  • Handle: $23 million.
  • Challenge Series: Three Breeders' Cup "Win and You're In" races.
  • Phil D'Amato captured three graded stakes wins.
  • Race 4: Hope Road (Juan Hernandez/Bob Baffert) won the Grade 3 $150,000 Torrey Pines Stakes.
  • Race 5: Gold Phoenix (Kyle Frey/Phil D'Amato) won the Grade 2 $300,000 Del Mar Handicap. This is a Breeders' Cup Challenge Series race.
  • Race 9: Motorious (Antonio Fresu/Phil D'Amato) won the $150,000 Grade 3 Green Flash Handicap. This is a Breeders' Cup Challenge Series race.
  • Race 10: Mixto (Kyle Frye/Doug O'Neill) was the upset winner in the Grade I $1,000,000 Pacific Classic. The winner entered 1-for-13 lifetime and placed in his prior race at a fair track in northern Cal. He is now in the Breeders' Cup Classic as this race was designated part of the Breeders' Cup Challenge Series.
  • Race 11 Conclude (Hector Berrios/Phil D'Amato) won the $300,000 Del Mar Mile.

Last edited:
  • Love

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Windsor Sunday meet 1 pm; Entries:

Windsor article/recap Saturday;

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad