GDT: #15 | FLYERS (A) vs. Bruins (H) at Lake Tahoe, NV | Sunday, Feb. 20 | 7:30 pm ET | NBCSN, SN1, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Wow. You put into words my thoughts. The Covid stoppage followed by the protest stoppage showed me that sports weren’t that important to me any longer. Those 2 events became my tipping point. The flyers are watched and followed more than the other sports but on a level bordering apathy. I’m not sure a cup would/could change me at this point.

Just not that important.

Watching sports and movies took us away from the daily political bs. Hollywood now for too long have been a huge part of that mess. Now sports have been bullied into being a member of the bandwagon.

I remember tiger woods was chastised for not answering a political question. His response, “I’m a golfer, not a politician.”

Sad. Really is.

That two day protest stoppage really choked the life of of you as a fan, huh.

FYI, the players were the ones who decided to halt play. They weren’t bullied into anything.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You know what grates me? Realizing that a lot of us have been here for a decade or far longer. Posting every season. Full of passion. And I've watched numerous posters in that category go "Yeah, I just don't care anymore." Others once passionate have just kind of vanished. And the roots of futility have been present for so long that I can't blame them at all. They've tolerated a ton.

The team is crushing its fanbase with this endlessly feckless management. Squandering the Lindros era and Giroux through inability to find worthwhile depth and clever coaching with no hint of change in sight is maddening. The lacking attention to detail is maddening and those little things they elect not to care about are constantly biting them in the ass. We all hate the shootout, but it's a great example of that. The thing can get you into the playoffs and get you better seeding and matchups; the team has made it clear they scorn it and that's part of their culture pretty much from its debut. It's fine for fans to dismiss it as a stupid gimmick; for the team to do so is reprehensible. They should be in the business of winning.

They don’t scorn it all. They just aren’t good at it, now matter how much they practice. It’s not the franchise’s fault that Giroux has only scored at 20.4% since the start of 14-15. He’s taken the joint most SO shots in the league in that time, and the only player with a lower percentage in the top 50 shot takers is Bergeron.

This article directly refutes every claim you just made about their attitude to the shootout.

Flyers are getting a daily reminder of shootout importance

“Points are so hard to come by,’’ Vigneault said during a media Zoom call. “All points, whether you get them in a shootout or overtime, are huge to getting in (to the playoffs).

“That is one area that I wanted to jump on right at the beginning. That’s why we started yesterday and we’re going to continue every day at the end of practices.’’

"We’re going to work on shootouts,’’ Vigneault reiterated. “Our division being so tight and so competitive, there might be that opportunity to get more shootouts. We want our guys to be on top. I want our guys to be confident. At the same time, our goaltenders like to have that type of work.

Last edited:

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
That two day protest stoppage really choked the life of of you as a fan, huh.

FYI, the players were the ones who decided to halt play. They weren’t bullied into anything.

You know they weren’t bullied? Even worse if they weren’t. Did you read Logan couture story?

Sure you’re right about my thoughts and feelings about it. I wish I was as deep and informed as you. Run along now.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

tenor.gif

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Out there is assuming hundreds of NHL players taking a united stand against systemic racism had to be bullied into it. Go back in your ignorant hole, and let the modern world leave you and your ilk behind.
Aren’t we so intelligent and impressed with ourselves. You have a lot of anger in you. I would guess your a little too young to be soooo angry. Go out and enjoy life it’ll do you good!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don’t mind the idea of going 11 F and 7 D tomorrow and play a tight checking low scoring game. I just don’t agree with how they are going about it. 2 defensemen playing wing? Boston is really good at exploiting a teams weakness. this has the potential to end very badly

I think Sushko is more of a weakness than Friedman. He’s a good prospect, but totally inexperienced at this level.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad