Golf: 124th U.S Open - Pinehurst No.2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not sure. What do we think the over/under is on guys who finish 72 holes here under par? We've only got 8 right now. I'd be surprised if it's any more than 5 by day's end. And this is all before I'd even take into account the #eyetest.

The Memorial last week was about as tough as it realistically gets for an average Tour stop, and we had 11 guys finish below par, from a limited field of 75.
If I had my choice, one player is enough. Sometimes players absolutely run away from everyone and outplay the course, but five guys under par isn’t a tough US Open test for me. I don’t think 65’s, 66’s should be as common at the US Open as they’ve been this week, and this is a year that was thought to be one of the tougher tests in years. Maybe that’s not Pinehurst anymore. If so, that’s disappointing because it once was.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
The talk is ridiculous, Pinehurst is an extremely tough test and great US Open venue that will always stand test of time. Bryson played out of his mind best golf of his career to be 7 under right now.

The other guys under par posted one maybe one half good round, and have just been absolutely gridning for pars the rest of the tournament.

My only complaint is fairways are a bit generous and i'd like to see guys get away with being in Native Areas less often.

Around and on the greens are obviously nuts.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Rory within 1 right now but probably got the worst break all week on par5 5th…from good eagle look to likely bogey

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Do people really like Bryson? Tirico on NBC totally pimping him and some sort of personality and engaging with the crowd and I’m like “he just said yeah and pumped his fist.”

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Do people really like Bryson? Tirico on NBC totally pimping him and some sort of personality and engaging with the crowd and I’m like “he just said yeah and pumped his fist.”
Bryson's really popular at this point, yeah. 'Youtube golf' is huge right now and Bryson has a big presence on YouTube. Very emotive on the course and interactive with fans.

The one guy the Tour could use back from LIV the most, even more so than Rahm.

And the broadcast has lost the commentator's audio!

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Bryson's really popular at this point, yeah. 'Youtube golf' is huge right now and Bryson has a big presence on YouTube. Very emotive on the course and interactive with fans.

Fair enough. I don’t have any context for YouTube golf. I’m just going to say that if this is what passes for personality, the tour is even drier than I thought.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Bryson’s popularity is with certain segments, like you saw with Fowler at one point.

He’s not more popular than the biggest draws in the game. Someone like Rory is simply more popular. Has more fans. More are tuning in when he’s in contention. More people are attending tournaments for him. Buying merchandise. Stuff like that.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004

NBC was on playing through but TSN kept showing golf without the commentators

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Haha and right there he makes me eat my words. Good show. I just don’t watch that much gold to know these guys anymore I guess. I was late to Spieth too, and then he dropped off.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rory and Bryson in a tie, and clear by 3. It's one of these two.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Bryson has been the markedly worse player today. Rory really deserves to win this

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A 2 shot swing, Rory is -8, Bryson -6. Cantlay is back to -5

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rory looking at a bogey on 15

Cantlay has a shot for bird

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad