GDT: 12/17/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's what happens when you drive the effin net. Takes a 20 year-old in his 11th game or something to show these guys how it's done.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
After I missed the first one I turned it off just too see if it was me.

Guess I am missing the OT too but ill take one for the team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Which is why I sarcastically suggested coming back in 2-3 years when the team has some experience and can find the net. We were rookie heavy before Stamkos, Malone, and Hedman went down and now we have, like, 3 lines of rookies hitting posts and shooting wide and our vets can't make up the difference. If we don't make a trade, which I understand the reasons against, there is no reason to expect a change in how we're playing. Nothing in the past 10 games suggests we're just snake-bitten or underperforming. I'd say the opposite. The first games after Stamkos went down were the anomaly.

But when I (or others) suggest this means we're going to drop in the standings, precisely because of the above, we're stupid ****s who don't watch the team or know hockey, etc. etc.

I truly hope you're right and everything will come up roses. Glad we didn't shut out again tonight, because I'm over that ****. I'm going back to my bourbon.

2-3 years actually is when this team will probably hit its stride. Right now we're going to struggle to make the playoffs. But we can't sell out that team we're going to have, 2-3 years from now, for the sake of right now. Because the reality is, no matter what we do, we're unlikely to win a cup this year. 2-3 years from now, that changes.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's two goals Kuch gets an unofficial assist on. Hopefully that one got Coop's attention.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Points in 6 of 7 now. It's not pretty, but we're slogging through.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
LOL, he did it again.

This kid is gold. I hope he never plays another game in Syracuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad