GDT: 11/4/2014 - Pens @ Wild - 7 PM CT, 3 AM EET - FS-N

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Two things I can see them needing to do:

1) Don't go on the PK!! We have one of the best in the league no doubt but their #1 is going to be ridiculously good. May get away with one or two, but anymore than that and this team is going to get burned I think.

2) I have faith that Crosby's line can be contained. This team has shutdown some stellar top lines so far this season. It will be that Malkin line needing to be held up that will be the big difference.

Honestly I can already see some movements happening during the game if this starts to get a little out of hand. Parise and Koivu reunited to shut down one of their top lines and Vanek moved up with FBJ and Pommers.

Parise-Koivu-Zucker for Crosby's line
Nino-Haula-Coyle for Malkin's line
Vanek-Granny-Pommers for goals, goals, goals
Carter-Brodziak-Fontaine for forechecking and hopefully pot 1

This game could either be a blowout or (MAF sucks @ Xcel) or super close

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I guess I was a bit ignorant in that statement. I'm sure there are people from PA that come out to the game. The worst was the Capitals game last year. I think they were in town on one of the days in January last year where it was -30 out. These two girls came to the game in bikinis and tried to get Ovi's attention all throughout warmups. Thankfully they were kicked out before the game even started.

:laugh:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect that from Pens fans.

The thing to note with Pittsburgh teams is that us Pittsburghers are everywhere...so it's not so much that we travel well, but that we're transplanted all over and keep our loyalties generation to generation (my nephew in Colorado who has never been to Pennsylvania is a die-hard Steelers/Penguins/Pirates fan...if I ever have kids they'll be the same in LA).

Anyway, here's to a good game. The Wild are one of few teams in this league that I actually consistently root for.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Is that really the term?

That's fantastic :laugh:

Where do you think the term Hamburger comes from?
map_of_hamburg.jpg

:P

Yes, that's our demonym...I love it. Way better than Angelenos...

To bring this around to hockey, you guys will escape the greatness that is Olli Määttä as this is his first game out in the lead-up to his surgery. Robert Bortuzzo should be playing his first game of the year, recovering from a pre-season injury.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Recently named worst accent in America :yo:
(our AHL affiliate, Scranton, was #2 :laugh: )

Greiss first off the ice in practice, so he'll get the nod for just the 2nd time this year. Fleury with some ugly stats against the Wild.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Recently named worst accent in America :yo:
(our AHL affiliate, Scranton, was #2 :laugh: )

Greiss first off the ice in practice, so he'll get the nod for just the 2nd time this year. Fleury with some ugly stats against the Wild.

I had no idea Fleury was this bad against us. Surprising and a little satisfying to be honest.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUHNRcuwiqo

If anyone knows how to put this in video do it please

Not everybody here sounds like that, those are pretty much the worst examples you could possibly find. People with super strong Pittsburgh accents are somewhat derisively/somewhat affectionately referred to as “yinzers” by the rest of the city's population. Most yinzers are either older, from specific neighborhoods of the city, or grew up in super hardcore blue collar families. I don't personally know anyone under the age of 50 who sounds like that.

We did just win the Ugliest Accent In America bracket on Gawker, though, so there’s that. Victory is ours!

Hockey related: should be a fun game. Sad to see Cookie is out of the line-up, I'm still a fan.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Not everybody here sounds like that, those are pretty much the worst examples you could possibly find. People with super strong Pittsburgh accents are somewhat derisively/somewhat affectionately referred to as “yinzers†by the rest of the city's population. Most yinzers are either older, from specific neighborhoods of the city, or grew up in super hardcore blue collar families. I don't personally know anyone under the age of 50 who sounds like that.

We did just win the Ugliest Accent In America bracket on Gawker, though, so there’s that. Victory is ours!

Hockey related: should be a fun game. Sad to see Cookie is out of the line-up, I'm still a fan.

I know. My grandma talked like that from Dillonvale Ohio just south of Steubemville.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think we should shock the crosbys by taking a LOT of penalties, and expose them to awesome scoring thrusts by our PK'ers. Scandella jumping into the rush and crashing their net on the PK? I say, "Yes!"

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
what i do know is that it won't be the end of the world or necessitate an angry call for change if we end up losing to the top scoring team in the league. But that'll be the case here anyway, won't it.

5-4 wild

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
what i do know is that it won't be the end of the world or necessitate an angry call for change if we end up losing to the top scoring team in the league. But that'll be the case here anyway, won't it.

5-4 wild
And I'm sure it will be all the ref's fault ;)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
And I'm sure it will be all the ref's fault ;)

during the game it'll be the ref's fault. But mostly Yeo's. It'll be Koivu's fault if Granlund doesn't score.

Related prediction: Granlund will get laid out by Malkin at some point.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Big test for the PK tonight. I've missed 2 of the last 4 games, so pumped for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad