Pre-Game Talk: 10/10 Game 2 - Montréal at Bruins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think this one will be real ugly on the scoreboard.

I think our defense is fit to be taken advantage of at the moment and it's just going to be a slaughter in our own end. Rask might have a short night.

So I'm ready for that. What I'm looking for this game is maintaining energy, physicality and more than 1 goal on Price. We make it way too easy on him. We can't do much about the defense but in terms of our problems against the Habs, the lack of good offense is what concerns me most in our struggles against them.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Randell - Kemppainen - Rinaldo, roll that as the 4th line. I can't take the thought of Boston getting bullied by the Habs again!

Play that line 8-10 minutes and bump up the playing time of your top end guys.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Looking forward to seeing who will be the new faces in the rivalry now that Looch is gone.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Randell - Kemppainen - Rinaldo, roll that as the 4th line. I can't take the thought of Boston getting bullied by the Habs again!

Play that line 8-10 minutes and bump up the playing time of your top end guys.

Bingo. I hope that even though they are probably going to lose, that Boston shows up physically and makes this more of an interesting, emotional rivalry. I can't take the one sided, listless affair it has been the past few seasons any longer.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm spending the weekend at the inlaws for (Canadian) Thanksgiving. It's a Habs household. I love when I'm there and the Bruins win but it REALLY sucks when they lose because my father-in-law has his entire man cave decked out in Habs stuff. The cherry on top is his stupid goal horn.

LOL: God :help: you!:laugh:

Looking forward to seeing who will be the new faces in the rivalry now that Looch is gone.
Rinaldo has all the tools to snipe 'em and piss 'em off! Randell can have them looking over their shoulders, and Marchy needs to be smart and play his ass off
Well for one I EXPECT Hayes to put it on the line and create a name for himself here. I expect him to show up and be counted since he is one new Bruin who "gets it." CRASH THE NET!!:yo::naughty:

If this all happens and Pasta and Marchy are on the PP, Kelly IS NOT ON THE PP, it'll be a game.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Oh, and I for one and sick of seeing Rask's "deer in the headlights" stance. I'd like to see what "the Monster" can do vs. them.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Gallagher with a hat trick in Habs 7-2 win

by Halloween back to 8,000 at games and HF Boards Bruins board maybe 25 visitors per hour average

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Gallagher with a hat trick in Habs 7-2 win

by Halloween back to 8,000 at games and HF Boards Bruins board maybe 25 visitors per hour average

Sweet, I'll be able to afford tickets again!

7bostonhockey*

This reminds me of the scene in LOTR (The Sacrifice of Faramir) when the steward of Gondor, Denethor, sends his second favorite son Faramir on a suicide mission to recapture the city of Osgiliath.

While Pippin sings this song to Denethor

Home is behind
The world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow
To the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall
Fade

Last edited by a moderator:

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
This reminds me of the scene in LOTR when the steward of Gondor,Denethor, sends his second favorite son Farimir on a suicide mission to recapture the city of Osgiliath.

Home is behind
The world ahead
Through shadow
To the edge of night

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall
Fade

I feel like Bergeron=Faramir

Let's hope they get through the game with their heads still on.:laugh:

radmcfad

Apr 19, 2006
Montreal could play their backup goaltender and 1st line from their Ahl affiliate and win this game. The Bruins with or without Chara and Seidenberg will eat rubber. The team's a mess right now. If I was the Bruins GM my goal would be to construct a team that could beat them. That alone would make most Bruins fans very happy. I don't get why that's so flippin' hard for them to figure out. Christ.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Montreal is overrated. Price had a career year last year, at best will be hard pressed to match it and likely regress some from it.

That said, we suck at this time so the Habs will win because we have a hard time with them at the best of times.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
They went out and got Hayes and Beleskey for a reason. I'm interested in seeing the new upfront line up vs the mother fer Habs. Price will have at least one goalie interference called in his favor and of course it will be a bad call

5-3 Bruins

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This reminds me of the scene in LOTR (The Sacrifice of Faramir) when the steward of Gondor, Denethor, sends his second favorite son Faramir on a suicide mission to recapture the city of Osgiliath.

Home is behind
The world ahead
Through shadow
To the edge of night

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall
Fade

If he sent his second favorite he must have more than two; I'd have sent my least favorite and kept the second favorite. And they wonder why the life expectancy was 22 and the average so called 'world power' was under a 100 years just long enough for the Peter Principle to kick in on one of the off spring

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I don't mind if we lose, im not expecting to be able to compete with top teams in each conference, but for gods sake, please give a ****. Show some heart, if a Hab does something you dont like, kick his ass. Do not roll over like you did last year, if you can't beat them on the scoreboard beat them in the hits column. Take it up to them physically and see what happens.

BigBadBruins63*

Yeah, so glad we lose out on divisional games that can mean something, so we can watch the Bruins play every team twice.

Just terrible.

Bruins win 4-1 and everyone is happy again. And if they lose, one step closer to Matthews or Chrychun. Win/win situations here!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I don't mind if we lose, im not expecting to be able to compete with top teams in each conference, but for gods sake, please give a ****. Show some heart, if a Hab does something you dont like, kick his ass. Do not roll over like you did last year, if you can't beat them on the scoreboard beat them in the hits column. Take it up to them physically and see what happens.

:handclap:

This is EXACTLY where I am at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad