GDT: 1/6/15: SABRES (14-23-3) at DEVILS (14-20-7) - 7:00 PM ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
:sabres vs. :devils

NHL.com Game Preview
[NHL]718331[/NHL]

Season series: The three games the Buffalo Sabres and New Jersey Devils played last season were decided by one goal and featured eight goals combined. The Sabres won 3-2 in a shootout and 2-1 in regulation while the Devils beat Buffalo 1-0 in overtime. It's no surprise considering Buffalo was 30th in the League in scoring (1.83 goals per game) and the Devils were 27th (2.40) last season. Not much has changed this season; the Sabres entered the week 30th in scoring (1.78) and the Devils 28th (2.15).

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview: 1/6/15 at NJD

MYERS SET TO RETURN TUESDAY NIGHT
Varone, Schaller recalled; Enroth to start against Devils

By Chris Ryndak - Sabres.com

Sabres In :90 (1/5/15) - 1:59 Mins

[NHL]718302[/NHL]

MONDAY’S PRACTICE
26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 63 Tyler Ennis
21 Drew Stafford – 25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 80 Chris Stewart
19 Cody Hodgson – 84 Philip Varone – 65 Brian Flynn
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 59 Tim Schaller – 36 Patrick Kaleta

4 Josh Gorges – 57 Tyler Myers
51 Nikita Zadorov – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
6 Mike Weber – 24 Tyson Strachan
61 Andre Benoit – 41 Andrej Meszaros

1 Jhonas Enroth
34 Michal Neuvirth

GAME NOTES PDF

PRESS CLIPS PDF

Here are the projected lineups:

SABRES

Matt Moulson - Zemgus Girgensons - Tyler Ennis

Drew Stafford - Mikhail Grigorenko - Chris Stewart

Cody Hodgson - Philip Varone - Brian Flynn

Nicolas Deslauriers - Tim Schaller - Patrick Kaleta

Josh Gorges - Tyler Myers

Nikita Zadorov - Rasmus Ristolainen

Mike Weber - Tyson Strachan

Jhonas Enroth

Michal Neuvirth

Scratched: Andre Benoit, Andrej Meszaros, Cody McCormick

Injured: Brian Gionta (head), Torrey Mitchell (lower body), Marcus Foligno (hand)

DEVILS

Adam Henrique - Scott Gomez - Jaromir Jagr

Patrik Elias - Travis Zajac - Mike Cammalleri

Tuomo Ruutu - Dainius Zubrus - Michael Ryder

Steve Bernier - Tim Sestito - Jordin Tootoo

Andy Greene - Adam Larsson

Mark Fraser - Marek Zidlicky

Seth Helgeson - Jon Merrill

Cory Schneider

Keith Kinkaid

Scratched: none

Injured: Jacob Josefson (illness), Peter Harrold (head), Bryce Salvador (lower body), Ryane Clowe (concussion), Damon Severson (ankle), Martin Havlat (illness), Stephen Gionta (broken hand), Eric Gelinas (illness)

Status report: Bernier returns to the Devils lineup after missing the past two games with a hip injury. … Josefson and Harrold skated Tuesday morning, but neither is ready to play yet. Josefson will miss his fifth straight game; Harrold will miss his second in a row. … Lamoriello said Havlat skated on his own Tuesday morning and should be ready to practice with the team Wednesday. He said Gelinas is still sick. … Varone and Flynn were recalled from Rochester of the American Hockey League on Monday and will be in the lineup for the Sabres. Varone will be making his season debut. He had 29 points to lead Rochester at the time of his recall.

Who's hot: Jagr has four goals and an assist in his past four games after going the previous five games without a point. … Gomez has four points in the past two games.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Seems like Nolan is gaining confidence in Grigo. Sent Larsson back to the AHL, but promoted him to the 2nd line despite a lack of production so far. I'm excited to see how he does with Stafford. Staff's been on a bit of a streak lately (and actually, so has Stewart), maybe he can help Grigs get on the score sheet.

And hooray to Myers coming back!

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
Seems like Nolan is gaining confidence in Grigo. Sent Larsson back to the AHL, but promoted him to the 2nd line despite a lack of production so far. I'm excited to see how he does with Stafford. Staff's been on a bit of a streak lately (and actually, so has Stewart), maybe he can help Grigs get on the score sheet.

And hooray to Myers coming back!

Very excited about moving Hodgson off Grigorenko's wing and moving Stafford up the lineup. Stafford has looked great and deserves the shot, I was actually thinking he should replace Moulson, but this solution is even better and fixes two issues in one.

I am going to give Hodgson the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to a complete lack of chemestry, but he almost looks like he is actively sabotaging Grigorenko when they are on the same line. In any case, there are no more excuses for Grigorenko now, he has been given the line-mates to get his job done and I can't wait to see what he does with it.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Hey guys, do you think your management will decide to loose Myers for a draft pick/potential prospects before the deadline? Just curious. Thanks

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Hey guys, do you think your management will decide to loose Myers for a draft pick/potential prospects before the deadline? Just curious. Thanks

Anything is possible for the right price for Myers. But given his age, contract, and ability I feel like management wants him here long term.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Very unlikely. If he's traded one high-end prospect or young player has to be coming back, not picks or B-level prospects.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Important loss IMO:

The tank match-ups aren't favorable, so losing this one would be great. (though losing to CAR is more important on thursday)

ARZ-STL
DET-EDM
CAR-NSH

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

No. Only way Myers is on the move is if we flat-out get an offer that we'd be stupid to turn down. Based on how things generally go the trade forum/with rumors surrounding Myers, I'd say we're in no danger of that actually happening.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Important loss IMO:

The tank match-ups aren't favorable, so losing this one would be great. (though losing to CAR is more important on thursday)

ARZ-STL
DET-EDM
CAR-NSH

You never know, I certainly didn't expect Edmonton to beat the Islanders 5-2

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffaloSabres - Nolan says McCormick is a game-time decision. Stafford went home for family reasons so the team may skate 7 D tonight.

@BuffNewsVogl - The Sabres will be without Drew Stafford tonight. He went back to Buffalo for the birth of his first child.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
I wish Stafford was playing for Grigs sake but he is missing for a great reason!

No. Only way Myers is on the move is if we flat-out get an offer that we'd be stupid to turn down. Based on how things generally go the trade forum/with rumors surrounding Myers, I'd say we're in no danger of that actually happening.

With Myers play, it is hard to see how anyone would really over pay for him at this point. So I think there is no way he gets traded. No one will overpay and we will only take an over payment.

Bps21*

With Myers play, it is hard to see how anyone would really over pay for him at this point. So I think there is no way he gets traded. No one will overpay and we will only take an over payment.

Do you mean because he's been so good?

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I wish Stafford was playing for Grigs sake but he is missing for a great reason!

what? Are you trying to say he's been bad?

ZeroPT*

are we watching the same games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad