gDK81pW.png

I8o1A4R.png

5UxOBPw.png

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Can we repeat the effort from our last game..minus the sloppy mistakes, then we stand a good chance to put another two points in the bank!

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This is a great game for me to watch. A bunch of my buddies come over to my place to watch this game. Few points to make.

• Canucks just recently set the NHL record for most blown multi-goal leads in 40 games.
  • Canucks give up a lot of high danger chances. Like a ridiculous amount.
  • Canucks do get a decent amount of high danger chances. They define trying to outscore their problems.
  • Petey and Kuzmenko are going to be a surprise to a lot of people who don't have a lot of exposure to them.
  • My friends call Tyler Myers the Chaos Giraffe because...welll...you'll see.
  • Point and Kuch will have huge games probably. Canucks give up a lot chances right from the slot.
  • Canucks PK is 68% or something. Their PP is pretty good though.
  • Miller will try to do Kuch's blind drop pass, but it never works for Miller. Like almost zero times.

I'll probably not be posting much during the game since I will have guests. But I look forward to this game.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
The Canucks are interesting. They have an amazing offense but their defense is bad and their PK is dead last in the entire league.
If we had the assets to bring in Kuzmenko this year, that would be insane. Kuzmenko would be amazing with Kuch and Point.

The most amazing part about the Canucks defense...look at how much they are paid.

• Hughes: $7.85M
  • OEL: $7.26M (Arizona Retained $990k, actual total is $8.25M)
  • Myers: $6M
  • Bear: $1.8M
  • Dermott: $1.5M
  • Stillman: $1.35M
  • Schenn (BAE): $850k
  • Burroughs: $750k
  • Poolman (LTIR): $2.5M

Canucks Pay $27.36M on Defense (minus Poolman). We pay $21.93M (minus Seabrook). The Canucks get pretty much zero actual defense from the ridiculous amount they spend.

Just looking at the most expensive Defenses in the League. With taking LTIR or IR into account currently.

• San Jose: $25.35M
  • Colorado: $27.36M
  • Minnesota: $26.02M
  • Nashville: $27.19M
  • Winnipeg: $27.53M
  • Boston: $28.93M

The Canucks hilariously are tied for the 3rd most expensive D in the league.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
DistantThunder why are you a Lightning fan and not a Canucks?
When I was a kid in grade school, my teacher used to bring videos of the QMJHL since he was from Rimouski. I became a huge Vinny fan and when he was drafted by Tampa, that was it. I was a Lightning fan. I also really, really, really, dislike the general Canuck fanbase here. The riots were another thing that just solidifies the stupidity of the fans. I also have a general disdain from living here my whole life. I only stay here because my wife wants to be close to family.

Vancouver is a beautiful city, possibly one of the most beautiful in the world. It's pretty unique in the sense of I can go to the beach today (it's cold but not too cold right now.) then tomorrow drive 1.5 hours and be snowboarding in the mountains. Any time I travel I feel so weird that I can't see mountains. Area is diverse, clean~ish, safe (compared to the States). But holy hell, this place beats you the hell down. I make pretty good money, so does my wife, but we just get by.

For example, to live in the city, average rent for a 2 Bedroom Apartment is $3,500 a month. To buy a 3 Bedroom house built in the 70's, $2M on the lowest end. Car insurance is $185 a month. Gas is $1.65/L which is $6.10 a gallon. The health care is free but absolute shit. We have a massive doctor shortage where hundreds of thousands of people don't have a GP. We have people dying in the waiting room because they don't get see a doctor in time. I am 37 years old, I spent my whole adult life basically saving money to buy a house, YoY the cost of purchasing a house made it so I never had enough money. My wife and I got married, and finally together we had enough saved to purchase, not a house, but a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo from 1989, 40 minutes out of Vancouver. It cost us $525,000. To avoid fees and to get a better rate, we put 20% down. I just got my assessment yesterday on our property, its now worth $750,000. I can't even imagine selling and moving because even with the equity I couldn't afford anything that would be considered an upgrade in this place.

That is Vancouver in a nutshell now. There is a mass exodus of people from the ages of 20-40. Pretty much if you don't own your home now, people have given up or moving away. Another example I guess, Kelowna is a 4.5 Hour drive in the Interior of BC. Beautiful place, but its out there and there is nothing else around it. An older home there, $1.5M. If you move just a province over to Calgary, you could buy a new 5 Bedroom house for $450,000.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
When I was a kid in grade school, my teacher used to bring videos of the QMJHL since he was from Rimouski. I became a huge Vinny fan and when he was drafted by Tampa, that was it. I was a Lightning fan. I also really, really, really, dislike the general Canuck fanbase here. The riots were another thing that just solidifies the stupidity of the fans. I also have a general disdain from living here my whole life. I only stay here because my wife wants to be close to family.

Vancouver is a beautiful city, possibly one of the most beautiful in the world. It's pretty unique in the sense of I can go to the beach today (it's cold but not too cold right now.) then tomorrow drive 1.5 hours and be snowboarding in the mountains. Any time I travel I feel so weird that I can't see mountains. Area is diverse, clean~ish, safe (compared to the States). But holy hell, this place beats you the hell down. I make pretty good money, so does my wife, but we just get by.

For example, to live in the city, average rent for a 2 Bedroom Apartment is $3,500 a month. To buy a 3 Bedroom house built in the 70's, $2M on the lowest end. Car insurance is $185 a month. Gas is $1.65/L which is $6.10 a gallon. The health care is free but absolute shit. We have a massive doctor shortage where hundreds of thousands of people don't have a GP. We have people dying in the waiting room because they don't get see a doctor in time. I am 37 years old, I spent my whole adult life basically saving money to buy a house, YoY the cost of purchasing a house made it so I never had enough money. My wife and I got married, and finally together we had enough saved to purchase, not a house, but a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo from 1989, 40 minutes out of Vancouver. It cost us $525,000. To avoid fees and to get a better rate, we put 20% down. I just got my assessment yesterday on our property, its now worth $750,000. I can't even imagine selling and moving because even with the equity I couldn't afford anything that would be considered an upgrade in this place.

That is Vancouver in a nutshell now. There is a mass exodus of people from the ages of 20-40. Pretty much if you don't own your home now, people have given up or moving away. Another example I guess, Kelowna is a 4.5 Hour drive in the Interior of BC. Beautiful place, but its out there and there is nothing else around it. An older home there, $1.5M. If you move just a province over to Calgary, you could buy a new 5 Bedroom house for $450,000.
Glad we got you.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is a great game for me to watch. A bunch of my buddies come over to my place to watch this game. Few points to make.

• Canucks just recently set the NHL record for most blown multi-goal leads in 40 games.
  • Canucks give up a lot of high danger chances. Like a ridiculous amount.
  • Canucks do get a decent amount of high danger chances. They define trying to outscore their problems.
  • Petey and Kuzmenko are going to be a surprise to a lot of people who don't have a lot of exposure to them.
  • My friends call Tyler Myers the Chaos Giraffe because...welll...you'll see.
  • Point and Kuch will have huge games probably. Canucks give up a lot chances right from the slot.
  • Canucks PK is 68% or something. Their PP is pretty good though.
  • Miller will try to do Kuch's blind drop pass, but it never works for Miller. Like almost zero times.

I'll probably not be posting much during the game since I will have guests. But I look forward to this game.
Us old-timers call that drop pass The Purcell. There's also blindly throwing the puck into the slot. That's the Purcell too. Then there is just generally playing like vomit. Also The Purcell.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Us old-timers call that drop pass The Purcell. There's also blindly throwing the puck into the slot. That's the Purcell too. Then there is just generally playing like vomit. Also The Purcell.
Come on now. No need to make everyone feel needlessly old. That's not even a decade ago.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

This will be Tampa in about 10 more years at the rate it's going. They want f***in $1700 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment here and that is the absolute cheapest anywhere. I was paying $1150 a month for a 3 bed 2.5 bath 1700 square foot home in the Pasco County suburbs in 2014

I've been blessed beyond words to have come into a low 6 figure inheritance upon my father's untimely death and I still can't buy shit with it

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018

Langley boy here. (Whereabouts are you?)

When I left Canada for Japan 30 years ago, it was the latter that I could never imagine buying land and a house in. But hey, I now have one with a deck, lotsa space, and a decent sized yard, overlooking a small lake.

When I returned to YVR recently, I was paying 200 per night for mediocre hotels, about 40 bucks for a decent meal, and even my sister who lives waaaaay up in Logan Lake was paying a million for a standard split level suburban rancher.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This will be Tampa in about 10 more years at the rate it's going. They want f***in $1700 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment here and that is the absolute cheapest anywhere. I was paying $1150 a month for a 3 bed 2.5 bath 1700 square foot home in the Pasco County suburbs in 2014

I've been blessed beyond words to have come into a low 6 figure inheritance upon my father's untimely death and I still can't buy shit with it
Yeah man, we get taxed out the ass here on everything, wages don't go up accordingly (Luckily this doesn't apply to me, unfortunately it does to my wife). My family came as immigrants here, and shit just constantly kept being out of reach here. Vancouver is a place that isn't somewhere I would tell people to immigrate to for sure.

Langley boy here. (Whereabouts are you?)

When I left Canada for Japan 30 years ago, it was the latter that I could never imagine buying land and a house in. But hey, I now have one with a deck, lotsa space, and a decent sized yard, overlooking a small lake.

When I returned to YVR recently, I was paying 200 per night for mediocre hotels, about 40 bucks for a decent meal, and even my sister who lives waaaaay up in Logan Lake was paying a million for a standard split level suburban rancher.
I am in Coquitlam. Right by the bridge.

$200 a night seems on par, but a date night meal at a chain restaurant now is minimum $80 with like 2 beers. BC is not somewhere to start your roots for sure. My goal is just to work until retirement age here, and f*** off to Spain or Fiji. Mentally this place has aged my 40 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->