Post-Game Talk: 06/24/24 8PM ET SCF Game 7: STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Y'know, I thought about writing this out after the game tomorrow, win or lose, but I think I'll be too emotional no matter what happens so I'm gonna take inspiration from @pantherbot and pour some of my guts out.

Being from Chicago, I was born into a Blackhawks family, and I still maintain fan status with them along with the Panthers. But when I was 7, I got a plastic goalie helmet, that was covered in Florida Panthers decal. That was in 2002 I believe. I wore that sucker all the time playing basement hockey with my brothers and fell in love with the logo and the team from then on.

2007, I went to a preseason game at the United Center between the Blackhawks and the Panthers. I got a puck in warmups from Stephen Weiss. Weiss then scored the only goal that day for either team. Went from scoreboard watching to following them as closely as I could.

Found this site in 2013 after the lockout, lurked for a while, and then signed up in the 2014 preseason because I wanted to talk Panthers hockey with you guys.

I still have the helmet and the puck, along with a ton of other Panthers stuff I've gotten since then. But I wanted to say thank you all for being fans of this team with me. We've had all kinds of highs and lows with the Florida Panthers but you all have always been great company to share with.

I hope tomorrow is a good day for us. But as long as this team lives I will root for them and love them.

Much love to all of you. Go Panthers.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
They should be playing like they have the lead. Carry in if you can, dmen do not pinch, 1 forward up. Get a shot, then retreat when needed.

Keep it low event..but no.......

but that's not the way we keep it low event. we keep it low event by killing exits. the oilers have succeeded in getting us to back off and that's part of the chess match.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
but that's not the way we keep it low event. we keep it low event by killing exits. the oilers have succeeded in getting us to back off and that's part of the chess match.
They have a cherry picker at mid ice for easy outlets and their players are way too fast for our forecheck. We are getting burned since we are trying to stop their exits

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
They have a cherry picker at mid ice for easy outlets and their players are way too fast for our forecheck. We are getting burned since we are trying to stop their exits

that has happened a couple of times. we need the forwards rotating up and eliminating their guy.

i hear what you're saying and i think we've maybe unconsciously started to back off a bit but that is one of the biggest elements of our pressure game. we're pretty good in our own end but i don't think we're built to do it all game. we've had success on the forecheck earlier in the series - i think it comes down to pace, anticipation and then the strength and will to win your battles.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
that has happened a couple of times. we need the forwards rotating up and eliminating their guy.

i hear what you're saying and i think we've maybe unconsciously started to back off a bit but that is one of the biggest elements of our pressure game. we're pretty good in our own end but i don't think we're built to do it all game. we've had success on the forecheck earlier in the series - i think it comes down to pace, anticipation and then the strength and will to win your battles.
I agree -- we're not built that way. I think, like you said, we've just gotta be really greasy and win a smashmouth hockey game. Each player has gotta summon whatever they have left in the tank, it's the last game of the season, for the Cup....go out and take it. Also, like you alluded to, we've just gotta be sharper with the puck, and no hesitation in decisions. And no easy giveaways, cut down on the mental mistakes. I don't think that's asking too much, they don't have to play a perfect hockey game. If we grab the lead first, I can easily see this being a win for us, getting the crowd going.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Game hits National radio conversation. I’m driving in my car and the host of NBC radio starts carrying on a discussion of the ensuing match what could be a disaster if the Panthers lose.
While it’s not a great subject it’s nice that hockey is getting National exposure. I expect this game will be a ratings success.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I’m glad we are playing the best opponent unfortunately we are a team searching a feeling translated right on to the ice. We must hope for our best because we may not be playing at our best. I finish this season as a grateful lucky Panthers fan no matter how things turn out.

And everybody keeps saying how great Edmonton is, kind of like they felt about us when we had won 3 in a row.
And they say the pressure is on us there is just as much reason to say it’s on them as well.

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Game hits National radio conversation. I’m driving in my car and the host of NBC radio starts carrying on a discussion of the ensuing match what could be a disaster if the Panthers lose.
While it’s not a great subject it’s nice that hockey is getting National exposure. I expect this game will be a ratings success.

It's great entertainment but if things do not go Panthers way then it'll be the kind of entertainment I stay away from.

The stakes couldn't be higher for the Panthers because if the Panthers end up losing then Zito has every right to be paranoid about the reasons that led to a choke job in the final. Who do you axe from the Panthers future plans then? I'd probably let all of the Panthers UFAs walk to free agency and just re-sign Lundell.

And then what? What are you trying to sell to the fans after this run? "Well, we still have the same core losers and we signed couple of mercenaries from the FA..." Okay, this is where I hop off from this ride.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
It's great entertainment but if things do not go Panthers way then it'll be the kind of entertainment I stay away from.

The stakes couldn't be higher for the Panthers because if the Panthers end up losing then Zito has every right to be paranoid about the reasons that led to a choke job in the final. Who do you axe from the Panthers future plans then? I'd probably let all of the Panthers UFAs walk to free agency and just re-sign Lundell.

And then what? What are you trying to sell to the fans after this run? "Well, we still have the same core losers and we signed couple of mercenaries from the FA..." Okay, this is where I hop off from this ride.
A lot to digest but nobody is a loser on this team nobody. We will lose Montour and Eckblad in hopes to keep Rheinhard.
The problem is the coaching. Yes Paul brought in a system that would allow us to do well in the playoffs but it sacrifices the offensive flexibility to adapt speed against speed and that’s what you are seeing. As well as stupid mistakes that’s ultimately on the coach.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Would be nice if the Florida panthers could pull a Florida marlins and win their first championship at home in a game 7. Get Edgar renteria on the drum?
The highest attendance for World Series games 70,000 on average. Great ownership like you see with the Cats.

Conner McDavid had no shots on goal last game isn’t that a hoot……go figure.

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Craig Counsell and Moises Alou were the real heroes of that team imo.

More so the former
I loved Moises Alou he never gets the credit he should. Also Gary Sheffield. and didn’t Rodrigues become a gifted little player.

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I will say this as much as Mcdavid and Edmonton deserves a Cup. We have lost to Colorado and Vegas and yet to get one as well.
It seems the sympathy card is heavy on Mcdavid for sure……

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Flpanther23

Mar 19, 2010
Italy
1993 i was a 11 year old boy in italy who fell in love with the panthers and their logo playing nhl video games. Despite all the struggles, 31 years later i'm still here to cheer for them!
Try to watch as many games as i can from afar, most of them in the middle of the night. Watched games against calgary in sunrise and tampa in tampa during my 2015 vacation in florida. 2016 went to new york to watch 2 playoff games against the islanders. 2018 i went to helsinki for the international series games against the jets.
The last 3 playoff runs messed with my sleeping rythm a lot, but it was worth it. The emotional rollercoaster during this years finals is something we all will remember, hopefully for all the right reasons.
Let's do this tonight! Go panthers!!!

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I took this day off knowing I would not sleep the night before. I will get in a good nap so I’m good and way too excited for one person to be. Your a loyal Panthers fan we will have more as thing continues to go north.

So if the Cats play their best game and the Oilers play theirs maybe Overtime ?

I think the largest question is Can Bob still be Bob ? I think Rhino and Sam and Chucky and Verheges all contribute. But again can Bob be Bob. The crowd might help…….Bobbby Bobby Boby etc etc etc

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
They really clog the net on our PP and then there’s a winger waiting to get out on an odd man rush. Paul has to find a way to rush the net and get some chances. Our PK is fine. But our PP IS LIKE A OFFENSIVE WEAPON FOR THEM…..Paul and his coaches must help our boys find lanes.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
1993 i was a 11 year old boy in italy who fell in love with the panthers and their logo playing nhl video games. Despite all the struggles, 31 years later i'm still here to cheer for them!
Try to watch as many games as i can from afar, most of them in the middle of the night. Watched games against calgary in sunrise and tampa in tampa during my 2015 vacation in florida. 2016 went to new york to watch 2 playoff games against the islanders. 2018 i went to helsinki for the international series games against the jets.
The last 3 playoff runs messed with my sleeping rythm a lot, but it was worth it. The emotional rollercoaster during this years finals is something we all will remember, hopefully for all the right reasons.
Let's do this tonight! Go panthers!!!

NO SHOT. A post out of nowhere.

Location, Italy?!

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I know these Edmonton fans feel it’s all locked up and there’s no doubt they beat out the Leafs fans for arrogance by a wide margin. GAWD

NO SHOT. A post out of nowhere.

Location, Italy?!
OMG we got our Italy post thats it we done……wait we won that day of the post right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad