Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I go 80% with ground beef.

Presently, its NY strip steak 🥩 or Ribeye.

🦴 in is lovely but you are paying as much or more for less.

Plenty of marbling.

For whatever reason, beef available in the United States has more water weight than that available in, say, Western Europe.

So, salt uncovered in refrigerator the evening before searing.

The outside of the 🥩 will be nice and crispy, the inside tender and flavorful.

I prefer my beef rare. If you do as well, sear attentively at high heat on both sides.

Bon appetit.

I go 80% with ground beef.

Presently, its NY strip steak 🥩 or Ribeye.

🦴 in is lovely but you are paying as much or more for less.

Plenty of marbling.

For whatever reason, beef available in the United States has more water weight than that available in, say, Western Europe.

So, salt uncovered in refrigerator the evening before searing.

The outside of the 🥩 will be nice and crispy, the inside tender and flavorful.

I prefer my beef rare. If you do as well, sear attentively at high heat on both sides.

Bon appetit.
I go to my local Sam's Club and ask the butcher for whole uncut chuck roll. Yeah, buy in bulk then carve it myself and freeze what I don't cook right away. Save's me a little over $2 a pound. The Chuck portion is right next to the ribeye and usually contains some ribeye meat.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don’t know why it has to be poitras or pinto and why it can’t be both. Personally think we could use two up and coming centers, just my opinion.
Because some here like to debate everything... But, it's easier to have a Center play Wing than vice-versa, and it's a nice way to cover Center i.e. Domi for Toronto last playoffs.

I go to my local Sam's Club and ask the butcher for whole uncut chuck roll. Yeah, buy in bulk then carve it myself and freeze what I don't cook right away. Save's me a little over $2 a pound. The Chuck portion is right next to the ribeye and usually contains some ribeye meat.
? Do you grind it for hamburger or ???? Need to know!

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Because some here like to debate everything... But, it's easier to have a Center play Wing than vice-versa, and it's a nice way to cover Center i.e. Domi for Toronto last playoffs.

? Do you grind it for hamburger or ???? Need to know!
Usually I cut into steaks but one can also grind the side timings for burgers. It is a choice of preference. But, I can usually find ground beef for less $ if your not to picky regarding amount of fat ... and I'm not.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
there are ways to dissuade teams from claiming guys off waivers. i wouldn't be surprised if bruins signed bussi
to a 2 or 3 year deal where the money is like 800/900k but 1 way for all or most of the term.

Would that really dissuade anyone from claiming him though? Anyone who claims him has to keep him on their NHL roster for the full season

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Personally, I don't want Coyle centering long term in the top six. I would rather the team find another option and also let Poitras develop physically in Providence. Coyle's greatest asset to this team is as third line center ... If we had other options.

But ... if he has to be your 2nd line center, remember he is not a play making creative center, the line will struggle to create offense off the rush/zone entry break in. His strength is possession and protecting the puck. He also has a very good shot from the slot. If Marchand is the play making winger on the line, the Bruins need a Cashman-like winger on the other side who will go into the corners doing the dirty work digging the puck out. Coyle needs to park himself in the slot. The wingers need to feed Coyle the puck in the slot as their first option for one timers.
As a side note I would have deployed Coyle as Barkov's shadow living in his back pocket every time Barkov touched the ice. Certainly wouldn't have hurt Coyle offense in that series. But, we will never know.
I agree, I would like to see Coyle as either the 3C or gone, he might be a top tier 3C but he's just not a top 2 center. I think they will take the easy road and keep him there until Poitras can take that spot from him, and that won't be right away and maybe not this season. We're underestimating the recovery time required, it's not 6 months until he's 100% ready to play, it's 6 months of rehab until he can even start working out without restrictions. I'm not sure at what point he even gets back to where he was let alone adds the strength that he lacked last year.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
1719189656809.png

1719189675421.png

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I’ve gone back and forth on this since the Chychrun talk started. Looking at that, with Frederic and Coyle on the 2nd line and Heinen here, I think I’d rather see Ullmark moved for picks/prospects and go with:

McAvoy, Carlo, Lindholm, Lohrei, Peake, and a Dillon type with a better group of forwards than Chychrun here with us “hoping” that Frederic amd Coyle can be something they’re not.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

While on 32 Thoughts: The Podcast, Elliotte Friedman shared his opinion on Yzerman wanting the Red Wings to add a goalie for the long term:

"This Yzerman quote, if he's interested in Ullmark, that says to me he wants Ullmark with an extension."

Ullmark would undoubtedly be a massive addition to the Red Wings' roster if acquired and extended. Ville Husso has not been the answer between the pipes for Detroit, as he has had under a .900 SV% in each of his two seasons since joining them. Meanwhile, Alex Lyon was solid in his first year in Detroit, but the backup role is probably a better fit for him.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Hey guys if we trade Ullmark in couple hours or days, who s going to be Bs goalies? Swayman not signed yet, Bussi not signed yet, can we really trade Linus before Sway is locked? I know he s an RFA but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad