Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
It depends on what you are using it for, and 80% you need to worry that it is to fatty, greasy, 90% can be a little to dry
I go 80% with ground beef.

Presently, its NY strip steak 🥩 or Ribeye.

🦴 in is lovely but you are paying as much or more for less.

Plenty of marbling.

For whatever reason, beef available in the United States has more water weight than that available in, say, Western Europe.

So, salt uncovered in refrigerator the evening before searing.

The outside of the 🥩 will be nice and crispy, the inside tender and flavorful.

I prefer my beef rare. If you do as well, sear attentively at high heat on both sides.

Bon appetit.

It depends on what you are using it for, and 80% you need to worry that it is to fatty, greasy, 90% can be a little to dry

Plenty of marbling.

For whatever reason, beef available in the United States has more water weight than that available in, say, Western Europe.

I prefer my beef rare. If you do as well, sear attentively at high heat on both sides.

Bon appetit.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Would you rather try for Laine?
He’s an interesting wild card - they have to address center and see what they get for Ullmark - DeBrusk would be a loss that needs to be addressed

Imagine land lineup

Laine - Lindholm - Pastrnak

Booyah

My guess is he’s on a back burner but definitely talked about

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I would bet on Pinto finishing the year over Poitras for one, Poitras, last 10 games he had zero goals4 assists, that was a result of him physically, not being ready for the grind. Pinto is better on faceoffs, had nearly a hit a game, blocked shots. Your making this about who is better, Pinto is ready Poitras is not. Bruin's are not getting Pinto, I get that but if they ever had the chance now you grab him and let Poitras develop, and maybe in the future we would have both and you and I might actually be happy.
Poitras was good enough to play as a 19 year old last year. Just because a pre-existing shoulder injury knocked him out doesn’t mean he can glade the NHL. Lots of 20 year olds play in the NHL.

Pinto is quite overrated here. He’s a fine 3C. He’s not worth taking and blocking Poitras.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
One thing with Tofoli . He will likely get a contract that ends at an older age than Lindhom's contract does.

I guess it boils down to whether you believe Lindholm is already a declining player, or is he still the same player and his circumstances have caused his offensive decline the last couple of year.
I have already said to pass on Tofoli, But I bet Lindholm when he is 31 and 32 he will not have the years Tofoli just put up. Now if the Bruins foolishly sign him, I will wish that I be wrong........

Reactions: JOKER 192

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He’s an interesting wild card - they have to address center and see what they get for Ullmark - DeBrusk would be a loss that needs to be addressed

Imagine land lineup

Laine - Lindholm - Pastrnak

Booyah

My guess is he’s on a back burner but definitely talked about
Acquiring Laine and not being able to play him on the power play would be pretty silly.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Plenty of marbling.

Bon appetit.

Plenty of marbling.

Bon appetit.
The problem with beef today it sits in a Cryovac package in a box gets tossed around leaky bloody packages , there was nothing like "hanging beef"

Reactions: GordonHowe

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
If they do trade Linus and sign Swayman, whats the goaltending plan?
Swayman and Bussi? 75/25% or something. Do you want to have Bussi on the bench for a good amount of games? or split?
Swayman and vet? Let Bussi get his reps in Providence, again.

I'm thinking they'll go vet. Which means it will probably be Swayman/Linus :)
Bussi would have to pass through waivers and would not make it

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I know that. But Lindholm, Toffoli and Swayman are not.
Geez what an off-season. If they get chychurn, lindholm and toffoli in the off-season I’ll be pretty happy. Too bad they can’t resign debrusk.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Geez what an off-season. If they get chychurn, lindholm and toffoli in the off-season I’ll be pretty happy. Too bad they can’t resign debrusk.
Don't forget a first 'to boot'...

BTW I take Domi over Toffoli. Younger and killer F/O. Can play center if need be. He can play up down the line up. And be a replacement rat.

For me....

Stephenson followed by Lindy
Domi
Ottawa 12th (7th is a pipe d)
Checko traded for one of Ferraro or Dillon or retain

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff and Kegs

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Can we all take a minute to ponder Coyle as 2C? We all know he belongs on the third line. Coyle as 2C is not ideal. Just my 2 cents, probably not worth a penny.......

If Ullmark/Chychrun base goes thru, I think you end up with Zacha Lindholm Pasta as the top line, and then mix and match for the middle six amongst the 8 of Marchand, Coyle, Geekie, Frederic, Poitras, Lysell, Merkulov and Heinen. You essentially NEED one kid to make it. And then hope by seasons end maybe its two.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
If Ullmark/Chychrun base goes thru, I think you end up with Zacha Lindholm Pasta as the top line, and then mix and match for the middle six amongst the 8 of Marchand, Coyle, Geekie, Frederic, Poitras, Lysell, Merkulov and Heinen. You essentially NEED one kid to make it. And then hope by seasons end maybe its two.
I could f*** with a forward group of:

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Coyle-Lysell
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
Heinen-Beecher-Brazeau

You won't be able to hammer that 2nd line with dzone starts like they did last season with Lysell there instead of Jake, but having Lindholm up top and Heinen at 4LW should mean you can spread out the defensive workload more. Which could be a good thing anyway, cause as admirable of a season as he had last season, Coyle is just not a guy you should be giving Bergeron-like deployment too. Got to find a way to ease the burden on him regardless.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
If they keep Coyle on the 2nd line with Marchand, I wouldn't mind seeing Poitras with Brazeau and a speedier wing, I think that combo would work. A more traditional 4th line who can win d zone faceoffs and play on the PK would be nice.
Personally, I don't want Coyle centering long term in the top six. I would rather the team find another option and also let Poitras develop physically in Providence. Coyle's greatest asset to this team is as third line center ... If we had other options.

But ... if he has to be your 2nd line center, remember he is not a play making creative center, the line will struggle to create offense off the rush/zone entry break in. His strength is possession and protecting the puck. He also has a very good shot from the slot. If Marchand is the play making winger on the line, the Bruins need a Cashman-like winger on the other side who will go into the corners doing the dirty work digging the puck out. Coyle needs to park himself in the slot. The wingers need to feed Coyle the puck in the slot as their first option for one timers.
As a side note I would have deployed Coyle as Barkov's shadow living in his back pocket every time Barkov touched the ice. Certainly wouldn't have hurt Coyle offense in that series. But, we will never know.

Reactions: sarge88 and Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad