Boston Bruins 024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
@DominicT I need to stock up on ground beef but only 80% lean is on sale this week and my family prefers 90%.

Should I just buy the 80% now or do you think 90% will be on sale soon?

TIA
Sens Twitter all of a sudden thinks they have all the “leverage.”
They do if Donny wants to move him. Neither teams "needs" to do this trade. We should Be happy if we get the 25th for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020

The Senators would like to have a contract extension in place with Ullmark before they make the deal and there’s been speculation that’s what has been holding this trade up. We’re not sure that’s the case and it’s believed a big factor has been the asking price by the Bruins.

The Vegas Golden Knights and Detroit Red Wings are reportedly also involved in talks to acquire Ullmark.
Saw somewere that the Avs entering in the chat

Reactions: TCB

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I am trying to catch up on the news here, but my cat decided I ignored her today. She is in my crease, preventing me from seeing the updates.
20240623_172845-fotor-2024062317472.png

Attachments

• 20240623_172817-fotor-20240623174426.jpg
    20240623_172817-fotor-20240623174426.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 3

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
They do if Donny wants to move him. Neither teams "needs" to do this trade. Be happy if we get the 25th for him.

The Sens need a goalie in the worst way and they have identified Ullmark as that guy. If this falls through their viable options are getting less by the day, then they will get really squeezed by potential trading partners. The Bruins if need be can hold out longer as their are other teams looking for goalies. I believe that this will get done as it's in both teams best interests.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I f Linus is not traded before the Draft should we worry?
also what happens in Linus is Moved but they can't get Sway signed?
They have to get proper value for him. That means if you have to keep Linus around until the deadline or whatever, that's what they're going to have to do.

The point is to be patient and wise. I think Sweeney has a fair handle on those two qualities.

Last edited:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

The Senators would like to have a contract extension in place with Ullmark before they make the deal and there’s been speculation that’s what has been holding this trade up. We’re not sure that’s the case and it’s believed a big factor has been the asking price by the Bruins.

The Vegas Golden Knights and Detroit Red Wings are reportedly also involved in talks to acquire Ullmark.
The plot thickens

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I would not sign Toffoli - 4 years ago yes I’m past him

imagine land

Zacha - Lindholm- Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Heinen/Geek
Heinen/Ostapchuk- Fred-Geek/Lysell
Beech/Osta- boqvist- Braz/lysell
Merkulov
Maroon

Lindholm - McAvoy
Chychrun- Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke

Ostapchuk & Lysell were often linemates and Bruins by extension watching Lysell know Ostapchuk very well
****Lysell needs to get legit shot ****
You do not want to sign Tofoli, but you want to sign Lindholm. your rationale please.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Butchie C has told his Vegas scouts and GM to zero in on @DKH and roll with his plan.

Dan, you are doing the heavy lifting for them. Demand payment or you’ll start pulling for us to break the bank on guys like Davey Snedmeir a very undersized D-man from a small club in Tuskaloosa. He’s slow, small, and has poor vision, yes. But easily worth a 7x$12M flyer.
I do like Chandler Stephenson so maybe the pay back starts

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
@DominicT I need to stock up on ground beef but only 80% lean is on sale this week and my family prefers 90%.

Should I just buy the 80% now or do you think 90% will be on sale soon?

TIA
It depends on what you are using it for, and 80% you need to worry that it is to fatty, greasy, 90% can be a little to dry for my taste. I personally prefer 85 % .

Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If it is Ottawa I'd still rather find a way to get Pinto than Chychrun in the deal but Chychrun coming in is fine too. A first round pick is okay but I'd rather we get a player now.

Since they are talking to Bussi about a contract I want to think things are really close. Hope so. This is getting agonizing. So much hinges on it.
I'd take both , they can keep the picks.
Pinto will be a 2c minimum.

They're not letting go of Pinto, sadly.

Reactions: Gordoff

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Zacha-Stephenson-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Arvidsson
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
Boqvist-Beecher-Brazeau
Kuntar

Beauvillier honorable mention (feel like that’s a versatile player Sweeney is known to target).

I feel like someone is going to offer Lindholm something above what the Bs are willing to give and that’s fine. It almost feels like he’s been too linked to the Bs by various media outlets for it to come to fruition.

Last edited:

Babajingo

If they do trade Linus and sign Swayman, whats the goaltending plan?
Swayman and Bussi? 75/25% or something. Do you want to have Bussi on the bench for a good amount of games? or split?
Swayman and vet? Let Bussi get his reps in Providence, again.

I'm thinking they'll go vet. Which means it will probably be Swayman/Linus :)

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Ideally he shows up and looks like second coming of Savard

Took him 3-4 professional years to get to be legit top 2C

Is he going to have no limitations at camp ?
I understand the pressure Sweeney and management were under to put that kid on the roster, but in my estimation, they wasted a year of growth with this kid he should have gone back to JRS. for a year and worked on his game and tried stronger. I think this kid at the very least play on Providence to start the season, rushing this kid could end up being a huge mistake. I also believe anyone thinking this kid is ready for 1st or 2nd line shifts are out of their freakn minds.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Swayman and Bussi? 75/25% or something. Do you want to have Bussi on the bench for a good amount of games? or split?

I'd think they want to try and bring in a vet to generate a completion with Bussi.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Bussi I doubt ever makes it through waivers. So I believe he will get first shot as backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad