Player Discussion Evan Bouchard

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You don’t care about analytics cause all they do is poke holes in your obviously biased opinion on the player.

He cost us a chance at the cup? What about the ghost of draisaitl.

Once again you’re pinning it all on one player because you don’t like him.

You’re not even an oiler fan so I’m confused why you’re here.
Winning a Cup is hard, I want the Oilers to do more, but no one will hand this too them despite what the Dip heroes pretend to assume.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah that was a gift wrapped pass but Bouch has had a great season and is 24. The best is yet to come with him.
100%. When you handle the puck as much as he does mistakes are bound to happen. That said it is not only his fault that we have 1 goal for in 120 minutes of hockey.

Reactions: elmeroil

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
100%. When you handle the puck as much as he does mistakes are bound to happen. That said it is not only his fault that we have 1 goal for in 120 minutes of hockey.
Yup. That's why it's hilarious to see the resident Bouchard hater put 100% of the loss on Bouchard yesterday.

The Oil weren't generating anything 5v5. Their PP isn't either. And when you deep dive into FLA stats against 5v5 on these playoffs,.....odds are they weren't going to get the next goal anyways.

It was a garbage giveaway. But blaming the series this far on him...stupidity at work

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Yup. That's why it's hilarious to see the resident Bouchard hater put 100% of the loss on Bouchard yesterday.

The Oil weren't generating anything 5v5. Their PP isn't either. And when you deep dive into FLA stats against 5v5 on these playoffs,.....odds are they weren't going to get the next goal anyways.

It was a garbage giveaway. But blaming the series this far on him...stupidity at work
I didn’t put 100 percent of the loss on him. You’re lying again and putting words in my mouth.

I said he played a big roll. And he did.

By losing that game we went from mathematically having say a 55 percent chance of winning the cup to now say 10 percent

Obviously Drai, the PP, overall team offense were also bad, but Bouchard ultimately was the one who gave up the GWG.

Bouchard has had some clutch moments, but this loss is just heartbreaking. We worked so hard to get here and this may be our only chance.

There is no room for errors in the cup finals.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Especially when you play 30+. Fatigue causes errors in both decision making and execution. Sometimes I think that the people who rag on plays like this have never played a sport themselves.

This time he got burned because Rodrigues' shot deflected off McLeod into the top corner. Not a good play obviously but shit happens.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
He cost us a chance at the cup? What about the ghost of draisaitl.

Once again you’re pinning it all on one player because you don’t like him.

You’re not even an oiler fan so I’m confused why you’re here.
Funny how you're accusing a poster of "pinning it all on one player because you don't like him" when you're constantly going after Draisaitl, going as far as bringing his name up in a thread dedicated to another player. I love how you called yourself an idiot for trashing Draisaitl all year and now here you are, just a few weeks later, doing it all over again, when it's clear as day that he's suffering through at least 2-3 different major injuries.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Funny how you're accusing a poster of "pinning it all on one player because you don't like him" when you're constantly going after Draisaitl, going as far as bringing his name up in a thread dedicated to another player. I love how you called yourself an idiot for trashing Draisaitl all year and now here you are, just a few weeks later, doing it all over again, when it's clear as day that he's suffering through at least 2-3 different major injuries.
Leon has been terrible in the finals so far. I'm sure he's banged up, but he bares a significant burden being the player he is. All this said, they all need to do more. Suggesting that is fine, cheering on the mistakes and failures is just being a dickhead.

If he was a Panther, you could bet, he would have laid down feigning unconsciousness.

I'm curious what the league would have done in that case. BCHL suspended a player 31 games for choking.
It's the NHL, they have would have suspended Bouchard for excess embellishment

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Leon has been terrible in the finals so far. I'm sure he's banged up, but he bares a significant burden being the player he is. All this said, they all need to do more. Suggesting that is fine, cheering on the mistakes and failures is just being a dickhead.
Agreed that he needs to be better. At the same time, I am very curious as to what injuries he's dealing with. It's hard to believe it's just a lack of effort or care. Besides, my comment was more in response to another poster that's constantly ragging on him.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Agreed that he needs to be better. At the same time, I am very curious as to what injuries he's dealing with. It's hard to believe it's just a lack of effort or care. Besides, my comment was more in response to another poster that's constantly ragging on him.
Not sure, outside of the finger, could be the exhaustion too right. Playing at sea level with all games, travel and pressure might have finally got to him a bit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad