OT: 2024 Weather Thread

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
That is crazy, that road is usually open Memorial Day weekend (last weekend). I’m sure many of you have driven that road but it’s truly a spectacular drive and view south down into the valley from the road. If you haven’t, make it part of your plans.

However I did read this winter that you now have to book a time/appointment to drive your vehicle from one end to the other because it’s so heavy. Same with a few select other US National Parks, ie Mt Rushmore and some located in the DC area etc because the people usage is getting so heavy for the infrastructure.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
That is crazy, that road is usually open Memorial Day weekend (last weekend). I’m sure many of you have driven that road but it’s truly a spectacular drive and view south down into the valley from the road. If you haven’t, make it part of your plans.

However I did read this winter that you now have to book a time/appointment to drive your vehicle from one end to the other because it’s so heavy. Same with a few select other US National Parks, ie Mt Rushmore and some located in the DC area etc because the people usage is getting so heavy for the infrastructure.
It reminded me that I wanted to drive that road again. It's been many years. Have gone along the south side of the park many times. Usually it's snowing.

Yellowstone was nuts last summer. And that was before school was out. No intentions of doing that anytime soon again, at least not in summer.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Been an absolutely shitty spring so far. Don't mind the rain, but the cold....yechhh!

I invested in central AC this year because I had had enough of the hot summers that now seem to stretch from May - October and the discomfort that follows when sleeping or just living when it's smoky.

Think I've turned it on once just to see if it worked when it was only slightly uncomfortable at one point.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I invested in central AC this year because I had had enough of the hot summers that now seem to stretch from May - October and the discomfort that follows when sleeping or just living when it's smoky.

Think I've turned it on once just to see if it worked when it was only slightly uncomfortable at one point.
Your timing sucks.;):laugh:

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
OH N-

OH N-.JPG

Reactions: oilers'72

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
One of our demented cats wants to go outside in this. Scared of nothing. The other never leaves the house. Never wants to.
Mine is 14 years old and an indoor only cat. He’s never wanted to go outside. I tried early on. I leash trained him and he was good with that but I live in a high rise and the elevator was too big of an obstacle for him so eventually I gave up. He figures he’s a tough guy but he’s got 3 things that scare the shit out of him, thunderstorms, fireworks and fighter jets that fly over Commonwealth Stadium a couple times a year during football games (I’m in the flight path). Been a rough week for him, he’s dealt with two out of 3, lol. Next month is even worse, Canada Day fireworks and 10 days of K-Days.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Mine is 14 years old and an indoor only cat. He’s never wanted to go outside. I tried early on. I leash trained him and he was good with that but I live in a high rise and the elevator was too big of an obstacle for him so eventually I gave up. He figures he’s a tough guy but he’s got 3 things that scare the shit out of him, thunderstorms, fireworks and fighter jets that fly over Commonwealth Stadium a couple times a year during football games (I’m in the flight path). Been a rough week for him, he’s dealt with two out of 3, lol. Next month is even worse, Canada Day fireworks and 10 days of K-Days.
Our one cat that is braveheart. (not her name) is leash trained and will march around like a feline pitbull putting the world in order everytime she goes out. She pulls on leash just like a large dog does, she's pretty hefty, and is only scared of moving vehicles, but not so much, which is why we don't let her out of the yard without supervision or a leash. She's not scared of dogs either. She needs constant supervision outside but she loves going out more than anything. We got her from outside as she had been abandoned by somebody. She's nice, just strong and doesn't take any shit. If she see's any cat around and you don't have her leash tight she's off to the races. We've learned to have a tight grip at all times.

Our other cat is more like your cat. any loud nice and its off running to the basement. If the doorbell rings she's off hiding somewhere. She knows it could be inlaws..;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad