• Staal

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
The Selke is an award for the defensive prowess of a forward. Why are you bringing up offense?
Not that I’d vote Matthews and I’m sure the comment was a joke, but a forward is expected to produce offense, so you need that too.

Its Barkov and anyone who votes different needs their brain examined. :thumbu:
I voted him too, but I have a hard time thinking it’s stupid to vote for someone else, I mean, this award is very subjective so by its nature you’d expect to have some variety of opinions

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Not that I’d vote Matthews and I’m sure the comment was a joke, but a forward is expected to produce offense, so you need that too.

I voted him too, but I have a hard time thinking it’s stupid to vote for someone else, I mean, this award is very subjective so by its nature you’d expect to have some variety of opinions
Yeah, to some degree but you don't need top-tier offense or anywhere near it. Bergeron has a few seasons where he won the Selke but scored 50-60 points. Obviously, you won't win by scoring 15 points but anything above 50 is usually enough for consideration provided the defensive game is strong enough.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
I voted Barkov but realized that Mathews were injured in the playoffs, so I might not have given the 69 goals enough weight.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dunno, I'd have nominated Panarin for Selke, he has some great offensive contributions. Oh, by Matthews's name there I assumed this was an award for offensive performance, oops.

Anyways, out of these players, Barkov.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
What the Selke essentially is these days is the best defensive forward that also contributes offensively.

Staal, to me, didn't put up enough offense this year to be strongly considered.
Matthews is good defensively but not great. I don't really think he should win based on offense alone. That discredits the trophy.
Barkov is over point-per-game but also is more so in that "elite" tier defensively, so I would give it to him.

Reactions: sanscosm

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Its wild to me that Staal finally gets recognized and its in his worst statisticsl season since Brind’amour took over.

Edit: Also Barkov, not close.

Reactions: dukeofjive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad