Prospect Info: Round 2, 46th Overall - Samu Tuomaala (RW) - Karpat Jr. -- 5'10", 179 pounds

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
So one year more in the AHL and than hopefully a top9 winger and perhaps with some PP2- ability? I mean he can skate and shoot.

Last edited:

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
He isn't good enough for the AHL.

Lappy is incapable of coaching him up anyway.
Well... Third best point producer in his first year, AHL-All Star. And the youngest player together with two other prospects in the roster born 2003. I guess you were helluva wrong? Hehe.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Well... Third best point producer in his first year, AHL-All Star. And the youngest player together with two other prospects in the roster born 2003. I guess you were helluva wrong? Hehe.

And unlike some others on this forum, Beef will actually own up to being occasionally wrong (as we all are).

Reactions: Svedu

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Seems a little early for victory laps

Tuomaala way overshot expectations after failing down to Mestis. That's true. But is he a future mainstay NHL player? Remains to be seen. Desnoyers was being pencilled in at 3C after he had 23 goals and 44 points in 65 games as a rookie.

I've said this before, but if you're looking at possible scoring regression, there are red flags. Indisputably a player whose offense is primarily shooting oriented, he only had 1.7 shots/game. That's incredibly low for a player seeing top usage, including PP1. One of the lowest on the Phantoms. Only 6/15 goals were 5v5; 20/43 points were on the PP; 16/28 assists were secondary. It's hollower than it looks at first glance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad