Official 2024 IIHF World Championship Thread

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Very crappy feelings after today's game. We were two goals down, then battled hard to make it 2:2 and then.. THAT happened. 3 goals in less than half minute (!!). For sure, none of those were 100% Merzlikins fault, but as NHL goaltender you have to stop SOMETHING!?

I've never been Elvis fan, due to the antics, but used to have some sort of respect towards him as not any random goalie can make it into NHL. People here are saying he's a different goalie since Kivlenieks death, but even then, Elvis made that situation all about himself. He kept repeating media how Kiv saved him and his wife, he ''took over'' Kiv's jersey number in Latvian national team; it was Kiv's death and he SOMEHOW made it about himself, still. I don't care if this is unpopular opinion, but that's how I see it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If USA starts finishing specifically on the PP which they’re doing today they might actually be starting be living up to expectations.

They straight up lost the opening game against Sweden but they’ve heavily outshot everybody else since then including the Slovakia game leading the tournament in shots on goal.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think Boldy might be a big winner for showing up & arguably being the US’ best player.

I think he may have seriously helped his cause for the 4 Nations Face-Off this upcoming winter.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
If USA starts finishing specifically on the PP which they’re doing today they might actually be starting be living up to expectations.

They straight up lost the opening game against Sweden but they’ve heavily outshot everybody else since then including the Slovakia game leading the tournament in shots on goal.

I mean, all due respect, but it's Kazakhstan [:

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad