Armchair GM: Offseason Roster Moves and Rumors

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Many things will depend on Voronkov's decision because even Chinakhov said Dima might return to Russia. Also we must not forget Chinakhov's agent, Babaev is very greedy and tough. He takes advantage of the situation and his influence on Yegor is great. Although Yegor prefers to stay, anything can happen. I would not be sure that Marchenko will stay either. In short, I think that one of the pair Chinakhov/Marchenko may leave.
When and where is this?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chinakhov go. But I don't think they'd trade Marchenko. Big body, good locker room guy, right handed shot.

Chinakhov has excellent potential and big moments but the injury history is significant. I don't want to trade either of him or KJ, but I highly doubt the entire young core of Voronkov, Chinakhov, Marchenko, Silly, and KJ all get brought back.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
When and where is this?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chinakhov go. But I don't think they'd trade Marchenko. Big body, good locker room guy, right handed shot.

Chinakhov has excellent potential and big moments but the injury history is significant. I don't want to trade either of him or KJ, but I highly doubt the entire young core of Voronkov, Chinakhov, Marchenko, Silly, and KJ all get brought back.
(there are subtitles)

Screenshot_20240518-182026.png
Screenshot_20240518-182047.png

I hope it was only joke, fortunately looked like it. But Voronkov said himself he will think about future in the summer in that podcast. Although Marchenko said that:

There was a little talk about Raven, but only against the background that it was banally hard to readjust and get used to another country. But at some point he pulled himself together and said that everything was fine, let's move on. And everything was forgotten immediately.

It wasn't a big problem. At least within the team.

---
I hope Marchenko will stay but he has big value. Logically one should stay but you know how some GM can make trades. Especially if he wants a center and/or a d-man.

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
It's a question of which one more consistently disappoints me.

It is easy to stop hanging out at a message board that disappoints you. It is hard to stop being a fan of a team that disappoints you. (I should know. I support a few teams that consistently disappoint me.)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Roy could be the one sacrificed in order to move up in the draft

Thoughts on this? This isn't a rumor, this was just radio guys being radio guys.

Ther are three players I want with the 4th pick - Celebrini, Demidov, and Lindstrom. If they are the first three chosen, I’d be willing to trade back.

A) I wouldn’t trade back if Lindstrom is there, which is the whole point of the trade from the Montreal perspective.

B) If I were trading back, it would not be for Roy.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Nik Ehlers ranked third in the league in goals for ratio*, being on ice for 62 goals for and 33 against. He's been such an underrated player for a long time, it's just the injuries that I'd be concerned about. Obviously this is the sort of deal that makes more sense if we're moving out Laine (presumably separately) and/or KJ (maybe for Ehlers? Yes of course an extension would be involved, we're not renting players, don't mention it).

Dillon DeMelo is fifth on that list, 81 GF and 44 GA. They both lead the Jets. DeMelo is a UFA this summer and is going to get paid. He's a very underrated #2 in my book, his skills aren't high end but he made Chabot look like a #1D in Ottawa and he helped Morrissey go elite in Winnipeg. I know we have a lot of RD under contract and we want space long term for Jiricek, but I ignore depth chart issues when you're talking about someone who is better than anyone you have, which is true at RD. I'd certainly make a big offer.

The sixth player on the list is my old favorite Conor Garland. Unfortunately I think Vancouver has realized how good he is.

*Among the hundreds of players who have played 1000+ minutes.

Reactions: Viqsi

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Isn't the on ice goals for vs on ice g;las against a fancy name for +/-?
Close. I believe it doesn't just represent even strength (as +/- does) so it would also be PP and PK if I recall correctly. Similar but more in totality. Still not a true measure of an individual, but I prefer people on the ice for more goals for than against either way :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad