2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
No doubt I think the Flyers should have better process in making their selections. No argument from me there.

I’m just saying Dallas is just insane heater of drafting that will surely be talked about as a model & everybody will fail miserably doing so because it’s just against all odds.

Heiskanen #3
Oettinger #26
Robertson #39

Harley #18

Johnston #23
Stankoven #47

That’s in a five year stretch & they essentially punted the entire 2018 draft. There’s teams that draft only within the top ten for similar stretches & don’t even yield that haul.

I think Carolina for a while now has had the best draft process in the league in terms of not just pick volume but also often betting on more scoring profiles opposed traditional profiles & they don’t have a run like that.
Its typical flyers that we want to be like the one team who got lucky. Like the Blues the years prior. Why did we always want to emulate something that is most likely not repeatable? Maybe because the old flyers arent repeatable also. So we love doing things that are stupid?!

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Lets talk about the best case scenario of teambuilding with all we have!
Best case Konecny is as impactfull as Voracek for 3 or 4 seasons
Michkov will be as good Giroux
BONK will be as good as Carle
Sanheim will be as good as Timonen for 3 or 4 seasons
Ersson or Fedotov will be as good as Mason
Frost will be a solid 2nd line Center
Couturier will be the old Couts
I think you know what i want to say

We still dont have a true #1 dman
We still dont have a true #1 Center who is winning games in the playoffs in his own
We still havent a goalie who is capable of carrying a team in the playoffs!

This franchise is building a team.who is able to play a solid role in the regular season and generate good income with merch and ticketing! This franchise isnt in any way building a contender!

Its also funny that we have more faith in Mitchkov than we have had in Giroux. Giroux is one of the best players in the NHL in the last 20 years and he even couldnt get this team to being a regular contender. But Mitchkov will bring more success than Ovechkin or Giroux..... sure buddies.

For me this is blind hope of a fanbase who dont want to admit that this way is going nowhere!

Reactions: trostol

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

We still dont have a true #1 Center who is winning games in the playoffs in his own

This franchise is building a team.who is able to play a solid role in the regular season and generate good income with merch and ticketing! This franchise isnt in any way building a contender!

Its also funny that we have more faith in Mitchkov than we have had in Giroux. Giroux is one of the best players in the NHL in the last 20 years and he even couldnt get this team to being a regular contender. But Mitchkov will bring more success than Ovechkin or Giroux..... sure buddies.

For me this is blind hope of a fanbase who dont want to admit that this way is going nowhere!
Don’t think anyone is suggesting this team is going “somewhere”. People are discussing what moves and outcomes are necessary for them to be trending in the right direction. What else is there to discuss? How hopeless and despondent we are?

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

Even if all of those possibilities hit for the Flyers, I can’t see them getting to the SC finals much less win it all. Tortorella doesn’t have the goods behind the bench to lead them that far. He’s a one trick regular season pony.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The only way the Flyers are turning into a Contender in the next 5 years is if their scouting departments becomes as good as the Stars and they absolutely crush the next 2-3 drafts...particularly the 2nd round picks. It's pretty clear that without lottery luck they aren't going to get a Top 3 pick.

The 2023 Draft looks like it may turn out to be a good one, but the 2024 Draft needs to bear just as much fruit.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad